Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Rastak is offline Rookie

Re: best qb in the NFC north?

"PurplePride80" wrote:
    :shock: WOW, I still can't believe Brad Johnson is leading this poll right now with 15 votes.

Especially since most of the members of PurplePride.org seem pretty football smart.

Even at 36 years of age, if you don't think Brett Favre is the best quarterback in the NFC North, you don't watch the NFL.

I agree. He is slipping and he hates getting hit but he has a rocket arm and he's acurate....expect when being pressured, then he makes very bad decisions.....with Green Bay's interior line, we could see alot of that!

All that having been said, he still has the physical tools.

FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer

"PurplePride80" wrote:
    :shock: WOW, I still can't believe Brad Johnson is leading this poll right now with 15 votes.

Especially since most of the members of PurplePride.org seem pretty football smart.

Even at 36 years of age, if you don't think Brett Favre is the best quarterback in the NFC North, you don't watch the NFL.
    I watched how constant turnovers at the start of last year led to us losing a number of games so I would in fact take Brad Johnson over Favre or any other QB in this division.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

PurplePride80 is offline Star Spokesman

"FuadFan" wrote:
    "PurplePride80" wrote:

I watched how constant turnovers at the start of last year led to us losing a number of games so I would in fact take Brad Johnson over Favre or any other QB in this division.

So if you could pick any QB in the NFC North to start for the Minnesota Vikings, you would pick Brad Johnson.

Is what what you're saying?
    In the P.J.'s, my blend tape plays, bullets are strays
    Young bitches is grazed
    Each block, is like a maze, full of black rats trapped
    Plus the Island is packed
    From what I hear in all the stories when my peoples come back, black

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"PurplePride80" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    "PurplePride80" wrote:
    "bigdaddy72_1" wrote:
    "PurplePride80" wrote:
    :shock: WOW, we've got some bias Viking fans on this website.

I'm SHOCKED that EVERYONE hasn't voted for Brett Favre.

I know he's the enemy and we all hate the Green Bay Packers, but at least give the man his respect.

Even at 36 years of age Brett Favre is easily the best QB in the NFC North.

I know his interceptions continue to climb as time goes along, but he still has the ability to carry a team on his back.

And no other QB in our division has the ability to do that.
    He only won 4 games last year, I think his back is broken.

LOL, he won only 4 games last year?

Since when did this become a one man sport?

I think you meant to say the Packers only won 4 games last year.
    Brad Johnson won 7... as a backup. Don't make that stupid excuse that his team around him was bad. The vikings had just as bad of an offense as the packers last year due to injuries on the o-line, bad running backs, and no solid wide recievers yet Brad managed to get 7 wins, 5 more than Brett... I rest my case.

LOL, we won most of those games because of our defense.

It's funny how you fail to remember that.

When we played the Giants we scored on a kick,punt, and interception return.

Our offense was HORRIBLE that game, but we were still able to win, because we were playing well defensivley.
    Last year our team was ranked 11th in the NFC is total defense. The packers were ranked 4th. Statistically their defense was better than ours and their offense was just about as good. So what was the difference between us and them? We had a QB who didn't make mistakes and they did. Therefore Brad Johnson is a better quarterback than Brett Favre.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

exactly, like i said, career wise, brett favre is one of the top 10 best quarterbacks ever, he is probably the best qb in the league atm if you go by that

[i][b]however[i][b], like it was said, last year brett was far from perfect, we saw how he is with a bad team, he will have a bad team again this year and im assuming we'll see much more of what we did last year.

sure im assuming the pressure of being the sole person that everyone is looking to to win since his entire team was injured would play a factor, but 4-12 with one of the best pass defenses in the league? you know who you can blame for that

i'll take calm and collective over powerful and mistake riddin

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

boognish is offline Coordinator

LMAO! Looks like we have a severe case of homer-itis in here :grin: . That's okay though; it's hard to be objective about your favorite team. The real test to see whether or not you're being objective would be to imagine asking other people this question. What would a person who lived in AZ, NM, OR, WA, NY, etc...and didn't root for the Vikings say? I would guess that >90% of football fans in this country wouldn't even think twice about saying Favre when asked this question and I would guess that close to 100% of professional analysts would choose Favre.

It doesn't lessen Johnson's ability or potential for the upcoming season but, c'mon guys, it's Brett Favre. He's arguably one of the top 5 QB's of all time.
    I am a dipshit!!!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I would take Bretty over Brad (no yardage or tds) anyday

Brett had a down year last year no doubt about it..

But if I had to build a team around Brad or Brett.. Give me Brett

One Love

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Rastak" wrote:
    I agree. He is slipping and he hates getting hit but he has a rocket arm and he's acurate....expect when being pressured, then he makes very bad decisions.....with Green Bay's interior line, we could see alot of that!
    Accurate? I've seen many of his passes sail 5 yards past his intended recievers.

You don't get 29 picks in a year being an accurate passer.

Farvetard is hot & cold & definiteley makes poor decisions on when to through the ball, thus also contributing to the 29 picks.

Brad may not have the best arm, but he definitely has the best head for the game as far as decision making.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

LOL. This poll is hilarious. Who's the best QB in the NFC North? I like BJ and all, but let's face it. Our division isn't exactly the NFL powerhouse when it comes to QBs. That's like asking who the shiniest turd in the toilet bowl is.

Seriously, I would say that right now BJ is the best QB in the NFC north, although I think Fav-re has had a much better career. It will all be moot in February anyway, because then BJ will be the only one of the bunch with two super bowl rings...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:
    "Rastak" wrote:
    Accurate? I've seen many of his passes sail 5 yards past his intended recievers.

You don't get 29 picks in a year being an accurate passer.

Farvetard is hot & cold & definiteley makes poor decisions on when to through the ball, thus also contributing to the 29 picks.

Brad may not have the best arm, but he definitely has the best head for the game as far as decision making.
    I definately agree there. Brad is one of the best decision makers in the game. As far as Fav-re being accurate... he was at one time, but has definately lost his edge.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast