Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

best qb in the NFC north?

i have belonged to a general NFL forum before i joined this site, and someone brought up an interesting poll, its who is the best qb in the NFC north. now obviously i picked BJ, but pretty much everyone else picked Favre. now try and put any bias aside and answer this. who currently is the best? i don't see any way that favre could be #1.

the poll is here if you want to see. http://forum.nfltalk.com/showthread.php?t=3791

is it just my purple blood talking, or are all other fans completely ignorant of the vikings?

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

Re: best qb in the NFC north?

well considering how many times favre turns the ball over, and blows games for his team (and had a god awful record last season), brad johnson is clearly the safest pick for best QB in the division as of right now
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

boognish is offline Coordinator

I'd love to say Brad Johnson but, in reality, I think it's a wash. Favre makes mistakes, but can also put the team on his back and make spectacular plays to win games. Brad doesn't make mistakes, but doesn't have the ability to win a game single-handedly. He didn't even break 200 yards passing in many of his games last year. His efficiency is great, but many of his passes are 2 yarders out to the flats or on quick slant routes.

In general, the NFC North is probably the weakest in the NFL with regards to the QB position and if Gein Bay were to offer a straight up trade of Favre for Johnson, I would definitely give it some serious thought.
    I am a dipshit!!!

Prophet Guest

The NFCN does look paltrier at the QB position. Favre. He has passed for well over 3,000 yds for over a decade. He's part of the enemy team but wins the current NFCN QB challenge.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

If Grossman could be healty i think he would be the best QB in the division.. But with he's injuries he really havent proven anything yet.. Favre might be the best QB, but he's not gonna put up numbers like that because of his suckysucky team... I picked BJ.. simply because he's better than John Kitna..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

as much as it pains me to say it farve. and heres why greenbay may suck but the TEAM sucks. put brett farve on a decent team and he will do good course i guess the same thing could be said for all of them
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

Unfortunately I voted for cheese boy.

bigdaddy72_1 is offline Starter

I think, considering recent history, that Brad Johnson is the superior QB in this division. And suprisingly I would have to consider Jon Kitna to be by far the 2nd best QB in the division. After looking at it I kinda chuckled because both Johnson and Kitna play very similar to on another. They are both very accurate, but lack great arm strength. Deadly within 25 yds. but a little shakey beyond that, but they have both been able to be successful throwing deep ball because of wise desicion making, and the ability to look off safeties.

At this point in his career Favre is struggling to be the 3rd best QB in his division, and is by no means in the top half of the conference or even league.

if you take into account the type of offense Brad is going to be running, then he has to be the safest because he won't turn the ball over as much!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

If you're talking about how many TD's they'll throw and how well they'll help your fantasy team then favre. If you're talking about playing mistake free football and winning games then it's johnson.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast