Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: BEST PLACES TO TAILGATE??

"singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "vikesoto" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "vikesoto" wrote:
    [quote author=singersp link=topic=40542.msg688978#msg688978 date=1197371131]
    PP.O tailgates at Purple parking lot 1.

You can find us there. There is a map & some more info in these threads. The one is for the Bears game, but we'll start another one when the Redskins game rolls around.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=40430.0

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/index.php?topic=40023.0
    That's a very good spot to tailgate. All the construction around the Dome has basically ruined all the great spots along Washington Ave. Get there early, there aren't very many lots around the dome...
    I have no idea what Soto is talking about here.
    PPO has 5 spots in this lot, plenty of room, coolers, tents, grills, etc.
    All are welcome.
    Park someplace else and walk over - that's what I do (and everyone else who comes to the PPO tailgate party does).

=Z=
    I've been to your tailgate, the Falcons game this year. As for the number of " PARKING LOTS" AROUND THE DOME, THERE AREN'T MANY. No where near as many. C'mon dude, been there dozens of times, all the way from Los Angeles...
    There are tons of parking structures and lots around the dome ranging from $10-$40. I don't understand what you are talking about.
    ???
    I do. They are there, but they are scattered around over several city blocks & if you don't know where to find them one could have a hard time. Many are small & are privately owned or businesses & churches renting out their parking spaces.
    [/quote]

When I first went to a game I did not have a hard time. I guess I am just know what I am doing!

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "vikesoto" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    [quote author=vikesoto link=topic=40542.msg690571#msg690571 date=1197589312]

You can find us there. There is a map & some more info in these threads. The one is for the Bears game, but we'll start another one when the Redskins game rolls around.

That's a very good spot to tailgate. All the construction around the Dome has basically ruined all the great spots along Washington Ave. Get there early, there aren't very many lots around the dome...
    All are welcome.
    Park someplace else and walk over - that's what I do (and everyone else who comes to the PPO tailgate party does).

=Z=
    I've been to your tailgate, the Falcons game this year. As for the number of " PARKING LOTS" AROUND THE DOME, THERE AREN'T MANY. No where near as many. C'mon dude, been there dozens of times, all the way from Los Angeles...
    There are tons of parking structures and lots around the dome ranging from $10-$40. I don't understand what you are talking about.
    ???
    I do. They are there, but they are scattered around over several city blocks & if you don't know where to find them one could have a hard time. Many are small & are privately owned or businesses & churches renting out their parking spaces.
    [/quote]

When I first went to a game I did not have a hard time. I guess I am just know what I am doing!

[/quote]

Me, either.
    I guess I'm just weird.
    I look for the giant lighted "PARK" signs or the dudes waving orange flags.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

I am soo glad I am usually on foot or nice people pick me up like Singer and Shock :P

pack93z is offline Team Alumni

Lambeau obviously....
    ;D

One of this days... I might have to scoot over and see how tailgating at the Metrodome has evolved... it has been about 10 years or so since I invaded MN... by the looks of some of the pics... you folks have a good time with it..

If I wear a Gravedigger jersey... would I get to razz the PPO gaters?

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "vikesoto" wrote:
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=40542.msg690573#msg690573 date=1197589676]

All are welcome.

=Z=
    ???
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Me, either.
    I guess I'm just weird.

=Z=
    [/quote]

You are weird, but that's beside the point.
    :P

All I am saying is there are several parking areas that are well off the main thouroughfares surrounding the dome or are several blocks away. There aren't a ton of of them in the immediate vicinity & many of those are small, sans the ramps. Plus you can't tailgate at some of those or in the ramps.

He's talking about tailgate lots, not just parking areas.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=vikesoto link=topic=40542.msg690576#msg690576 date=1197589920]
    [quote author=Zeus link=topic=40542.msg690573#msg690573 date=1197589676]

All are welcome.
    ???
    [/quote]

[/quote]

Me, either.
    I guess I'm just weird.
    [/quote]

You are weird, but that's beside the point.
    :P

All I am saying is there are several parking areas that are well off the main thouroughfares surrounding the dome or are several blocks away. There aren't a ton of of them in the immediate vicinity & many of those are small, sans the ramps. Plus you can't tailgate at some of those or in the ramps.

He's talking about tailgate lots, not just parking areas.
    [/quote]

Yup - and I'm saying:

* This season, the Wilf's and the Vikings have made available FOUR rather large lots within a couple blocks of the Metrodome for tailgating - a significant improvement over Rapid Park.
    There are spots available on game day at at least 2 of these lots (the 2 Gold lots).
    None of those lots are more than 3 blocks from the Dome.

* There is TONS of parking options downtown, and a little foresight and thought can make for an easy trip out of downtown after the games.
    I have had trouble on 35W south, so now, I skip that entirely and make may way through south Minneapolis until I get to the crosstown and once there, traffic is normal and my options are open to 494, 55, etc.
    Admittedly, I know only of heading south after the games, but there are always options that can, at least, make you feel like you're making progress.

* This website offers its members a great tailgating experience.
    We welcome all to a 5-spot-wide area for drinking, eating, partying, singing, preaching and whatever else someone may want.
    The port-a-potties are close and the comraderie is real.
    I'm actually a little surprised that more people don't come by the party, especially based upon how many more PPOers actually seem to go to the games vs. how many show up.

In any case, Soto was making a point that construction on Washington Avenue is impacting tailgating.
    And I am disputing that.

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Zeus" wrote:

...I'm actually a little surprised that more people don't come by the party, especially based upon how many more PPOers actually seem to go to the games vs. how many show up....

=Z=

I've noticed that also. I've seen several threads where members have referenced being at the game, yet they don't bother stopping by the tailgate for even a miute or two to meet there fellow bretheren.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

...I'm actually a little surprised that more people don't come by the party, especially based upon how many more PPOers actually seem to go to the games vs. how many show up....
    I've noticed that also. I've seen several threads where members have referenced being at the game, yet they don't bother stopping by the tailgate for even a miute or two to meet there fellow bretheren.
    Perhaps some folks just aren't comfortable in that sort of setting - it's not a problem.

But I encourage all PPOers who are coming to the game on Monday Night to stop by the tailgate!!
    You'll be welcomed with open arms!

=Z=

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Zeus" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:

Perhaps some folks just aren't comfortable in that sort of setting - it's not a problem.

But I encourage all PPOers who are coming to the game on Monday Night to stop by the tailgate!!
    You'll be welcomed with open arms!

=Z=
    And jello shots.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VikingPatrick is offline Rookie

"vikesoto" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "vikesoto" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:

All are welcome.

=Z=
    Very well said
    "brother" as I to was at the falcons game as well as the Raider game and have traveled to the dome from LA for the last 15 years for
    the vikes I must say that tailgating has been diminished by at least 50% due to the condos and apartments being built on washington ave. heck even the liquer store is gone now!! PATUEY!! I can ONLY hope that IF there is a new stadium built that REAL tailgating is taken into consideration and NOT seperated parking lots. I just got back from the Frisco game and even THAT place has a better tailgating experiance...ONE GIANT LOT SURROUNDING the stadium!! How many of you kids ever get out of Minneapolis to see what else is out there....god help me for saying this but even the PACKERS have a better situation!! THAT STINKS....ever seen pics of the OLD MET...Now THAT was tailgating!!
    I guess when your born and raised eating Mcdonalds all your life you never get to appreciate a double pastrami cheesbuger from Jims Superburger....Now THATS good eating!!
    Kinda like staying with your grade school sweetheart for 20 years....c'mon get out there and taste some strange.....live a little....it wont hurt!!
    Im not hating the dome tailgate...it is what it is....its just that it can be A LOT better!!
    When All else fails....at least theres Football. Beer, and Women (not necessarily in that order)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast