Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Re: Best Hands Ever?

"audioghost" wrote:
    Anyone know if there is a Carter highlight film floating around somewhere?
    I have looked around a lot.

If somebody knows something I don't, please tell!

Paulbedy59 is offline Coordinator

Carter has it.I remember one catch he made one handed while falling forward.It looked sick,like one of those frogs using it,s tongue to grab a bug.I also remember one catch they showed on instant repkay where he started to look where to run before the ball got there.He wasn,t even looking at it and still caught it!! Now those are hands.
    If winning isn,t everything,why keep score?

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Cris Carter wrote the book on one-handed catches. Everyone else including Randy Moss will have just read it. Where the heck does everyone think Randy learned how to catch? Gimme a break.
    How about his 1000th reception? Not an easy grab there. How quickly the young whippersnappers forget!!

Prophet Guest

There is no doubt in my mind that Cris Carter had the best hands ever. Of course, there is some bias from being a Vikings fan. I've watched decades of football though and follow the NFL closely and have seen him with more consistent and spectacular grabs than any other player.

Of course, the main bias is that it wasn't until fairly recently that we could even watch all the other teams around the league with NFL ticket. The first few decades I followed the NFL we only saw some of the teams play on MNF, Thanksgiving day or in the playoffs.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Like I said earlier, as much as I like Randy, I have to go with Cris. Randy is a remarkable player and will go down as one of the best ever but when it comes to pure hands it's Cris. The man was amazing.

oldschoolmikey is offline Starter

I voted for Jerry Rice. I have watched and followed his career ever since he came into the NFL. Chris Carter did have great hands, but so did JR. He made amazing catches all the time. He probably has had more one handed catches than anyone else that has ever played the position. He was consistent and rarely ever dropped a pass. Overall, I would say he had the best hands.

Maybe it's because I didn't watch Rice that often but as far as ESPN highlights go I can't say I saw Rice making as many 1 handed grabs as Cris did. Rice was a great player and arguably the best ever. That's why we are in this topic. However Cris didn't drop passes either and I just seem to remember more highlights of great catches with Cris. Rice may have had more TDs but when you look at leadership, a "go-to" guy on 3rd down and who Cris had throwing vs. Rice, I'd have to say Cris had the tougher job here. Rice had 2 of the most accurate passers in Montana and Young. Carter never really had that accuracy on his side until DC arrived. The closest one to accuracy before hm was Johnson and that includes people like Cunningham, Moon, Wilson, an d all of the one year QBs we had. To me there's no question here but again I just may be biased. You have to admit this makes sense.

oldschoolmikey is offline Starter

We could probably argue all day about who was better. I have seen Rice and Carter both play in person and on T.V. and they were both amazing receivers. No one can really say who had better hands. How could you honestly compare something like that? Catches, drops, difficulty of catches, accuracy of QB's, talent level of defenses they faced, etc. There are too many factors to be figured in. They both had great hands, and were two of the best receivers to ever play the game.

I could live with that Mikey. Very well put. That being said, I go with Cris b/c I'm biased. LOL

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Not that our results will be skewed or anything! But! I think CC has the best hands ever. Rice is the best reciever, but Carter had the best hands out of any reciever, period.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast