Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Best draft ever

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    this includes me, I don't understand any of the tech's..would love to hear the differences..
    The numbering system refers to their alignment as mentioned by tark and marr, the responsibility is what really defines the techniques though. In a 4-3, they typically look for 1 technique (one gap responsibility who eats up two blockers) and 3 technique players (one gap and looks to shoot the gap for penetration into the backfield) for the inside. 3-4 uses a 0 technique in the middle (two gap responsibility lined up over center, big boy position) and 5 technique (two gap lined up over the tackles) on the outside DL. Here's a breakdown from PFF:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...he-prototypes/

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    The numbering system refers to their alignment as mentioned by tark and marr, the responsibility is what really defines the techniques though. In a 4-3, they typically look for 1 technique (one gap responsibility who eats up two blockers) and 3 technique players (one gap and looks to shoot the gap for penetration into the backfield) for the inside. 3-4 uses a 0 technique in the middle (two gap responsibility lined up over center, big boy position) and 5 technique (two gap lined up over the tackles) on the outside DL. Here's a breakdown from PFF:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...he-prototypes/
    Thanks, btw, I do have football experience, but that limited me to knowing what the CB's & Safeties did.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beersTommy View Post
    Thanks, btw, I do have football experience, but that limited me to knowing what the CB's & Safeties did.
    LOL, I played as well (at the high school level) but it was many many years ago and if I could remember that far back, it sure didn't teach me things that they do at the NFL level.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

2beersTommy is offline Team Alumni
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    LOL, I played as well (at the high school level) but it was many many years ago and if I could remember that far back, it sure didn't teach me things that they do at the NFL level.
    same here Marty..I can relate.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Let me repeat myself- EVER.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Let me repeat myself- EVER.
    For the Vikings, or for any team?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567