Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Best draft ever

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Quote Originally Posted by tastywaves View Post
    Patterson will give us instant production, however, it probably won't be a consistent down field target for a while. Don't have a problem with the pick, but they did gamble fairly heavy on him.
    Who cares if he isn't a down field target right away? We need help were he is going to help us right away and thats on the intermediate routes and in the end zone.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tarkenton10 View Post
    Kwill has grown a bit since drafted and I think he can be used as a 0 tech so they can have Floyd & Kwill on the field at the same time.
    Anyone who thinks Shariff was drafted to replace K-dubb doesn't understand the difference between a 3 and a 1 tech.

My guess, as the season wears on and our rooks on the D-line figure it out, you will see Shariff at the 1, K-dubb at the 3 in our base and a mixture of Guion, Ballard, Dawkins and Fred if he stays behind them.

In the end, you don't have to weight 350 lbs to be a Warpig. You just have to have the talent. Shariff has the talent.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

tarkenton10 is offline Star Spokesman
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrdro View Post
    Anyone who thinks Shariff was drafted to replace K-dubb doesn't understand the difference between a 3 and a 1 tech.

My guess, as the season wears on and our rooks on the D-line figure it out, you will see Shariff at the 1, K-dubb at the 3 in our base and a mixture of Guion, Ballard, Dawkins and Fred if he stays behind them.

In the end, you don't have to weight 350 lbs to be a Warpig. You just have to have the talent. Shariff has the talent.
    I think you are wrong, Floyd played a five tech most of his time at FLA and only this year did he move to 3 tech. He is 297 and will have problems holding the point. I think they play Floyd in the traditional 3 tech and get them both on the field by moving Kwill to 1. Remember Kwill will most likely be gone and Floyd is his heir apparent.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

I think you are wrong, Floyd played a five tech most of his time at FLA and only this year did he move to 3 tech. He is 297 and will have problems holding the point. I think they play Floyd in the traditional 3 tech and get them both on the field by moving Kwill to 1. Remember Kwill will most likely be gone and Floyd is his heir apparent.
    I don't have my "Ourlads" scouting mag here with me but I will try to plug some stuff in tonight if my schedule permits, but he is not just a 3 tech based on their report (which I value more than online stuff).

He might not start there right away this year, but by the end of the season he will be our eventual replacement for Phat Pat if their assessment is correct.

In the end, don't under rate this guy because he doesn't weight 350lbs....at his weight now, this cat could line up as the NT in a 3-4, DE in a 3-4, UT in a 4-3, 3 tech in a 4-3, and 5 tech in a 4-3 he is that flexible.

What he will need to iron out is some of his "Pass rushing" skills. A bit to one dimensional now.

I don't have my "Ourlads" scouting mag here with me but I will try to plug some stuff in tonight if my schedule permits, but he is not just a 3 tech based on their report (which I value more than online stuff).

He might not start there right away this year, but by the end of the season he will be our eventual replacement for Phat Pat if their assessment is correct.

In the end, don't under rate this guy because he doesn't weight 350lbs....at his weight now, this cat could line up as the NT in a 3-4, DE in a 3-4, UT in a 4-3, 3 tech in a 4-3, and 5 tech in a 4-3 he is that flexible.

What he will need to iron out is some of his "Pass rushing" skills. A bit to one dimensional now.
    NT in a 3-4, I am skeptical about that. I haven't seen anyone project him as one of those type of cats. I would like to see it because I am not convinced he can hold the point as a 0/1 tech guy.

There s only two things stopping you - fear and common sense!! The Truth you CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!!!!

NT in a 3-4, I am skeptical about that. I haven't seen anyone project him as one of those type of cats. I would like to see it because I am not convinced he can hold the point as a 0/1 tech guy.
    He can't right now against NFL caliber OLmen, but he did at the collegiate level.

Again, he will have to improve his hand work as well as add some weight (which He can).

He can't right now against NFL caliber OLmen, but he did at the collegiate level.

Again, he will have to improve his hand work as well as add some weight (which He can).
    Well, if he does do that then he may work out but I still would like him to stay around his weight. I like his explosiveness and quickness at the 3 tech. If they add weight and he is still that quick and explosive then we got a heck of a 0/1 tech for years to come.

Well, if he does do that then he may work out but I still would like him to stay around his weight. I like his explosiveness and quickness at the 3 tech. If they add weight and he is still that quick and explosive then we got a heck of a 0/1 tech for years to come.
    My guess is both he and Dawkins will add weight slowly this year with the goal to be at their desired weight in 2014.

My guess is both he and Dawkins will add weight slowly this year with the goal to be at their desired weight in 2014.
    Maybe they keep Dawkins at his weight and have our 0/1 tech (Floyd) and our 3 tech (Dawkins) for years to come.

Maybe they keep Dawkins at his weight and have our 0/1 tech (Floyd) and our 3 tech (Dawkins) for years to come.
    Don't forget Ballard as well as Guion. I think alot of people hack on Guion when they don't understand that he is really being forced to play out of position.

Regardless, Guion, Ballard, D and the Sheriff will give us a very nice rotation, as you said, for years to come.

Throw in what you can do with Griff (outside at RDE or LDE/Inside at the 3) and Rob (RDE or LDE inside at the 3) rotate Sheriff and Ballard outside to RDE/LDE etc. Dang if that wouldn't make my head hurt (if I was a C) watching those cats switching spots just before the snap.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast