Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best draft ever

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    I believe the Vikings will use Patterson on kick returns from the get go and ease him in as a receiver.
    They might if he can beat out Sherels at the NFL level. Patterson averaged 26.8 in college last year, Sherels averaged 26.4. Of course, if Sherels is cut at the end of camp that becomes moot.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by Minniman View Post
    I believe the Vikings will use Patterson on kick returns from the get go and ease him in as a receiver. That is how it is done with most receivers anyway, so it is no big change.

I actually expect more impact in 2014 from these guys than in 2013. Floyd is an undertackle, and he will play behind Kevin Williams as a rookie. Corner and receiver are positions that usually play out in their second or third season.
    Really? I'm not positive, but I think Floyd will start next to Kevin Williams, replacing Letroy Guion.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    Really? I'm not positive, but I think Floyd will start next to Kevin Williams, replacing Letroy Guion.
    Nope - in the D-line, he's the same sort of guy as KWill. The papers here, however, think they will find ways to get them both on the line at the same time. Kevin's done after 2013.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

C Mac D is online now Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Nope - in the D-line, he's the same sort of guy as KWill. The papers here, however, think they will find ways to get them both on the line at the same time. Kevin's done after 2013.

=Z=
    Yeah, I realize the position is the same... but still believe Floyd will start over Guion. I mean, they play Griffin at DT sometimes, so I'm not really too concerned about what position he's currently labeled as... you want to get your talent on the field.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Yeah, I realize the position is the same... but still believe Floyd will start over Guion. I mean, they play Griffin at DT sometimes, so I'm not really too concerned about what position he's currently labeled as... you want to get your talent on the field.
    I just think it's important for folks to realize which Williams he's more likely to be replacing. He's not a big butt in the middle like Phat Pat.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Yeah, I almost would have rather drafted Justin Hunter over Patterson... but I'm still thrilled.
    Forget Justin Hunter a.k.a. Sir Drops-a-lot! a.k.a. "Poor Man's Randy Moss".
    Cordarelle Patterson is slightly faster, more explosive, has better hands, is much more versatile, and is a MUCH better runner with the ball.
    Last edited by HEY; 04-26-2013 at 03:57 PM.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I just think it's important for folks to realize which Williams he's more likely to be replacing. He's not a big butt in the middle like Phat Pat.

=Z=
    This is absolutely correct. KW's contract is up after this year, and in all likelihood I can see him moving on if Floyd pans out as expected.

It is going to be fun/interesting to see them playing side by side for a while this year tho.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    It is going to be fun/interesting to see them playing side by side for a while this year tho.
    All the way to the fooking Super Bowl Homie.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

=Z=
    Exactly. He can play both sides as well as inside and outside. A little research suggests that he will see time along side Kevin.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries
    The notion that we got a top 5 player at 23 and a top 20 player at 25 and another top 20 player at 29 is ridiculous, first of all there is no way to tell how these players will pan out and secondly, in Floyds case 22 GM's passed on him. 24 in Rhodes case and 28 in Pattersons case.

And calling in the best draft ever before the draft is over is also a bit of a stretch.

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast