Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,993

    The best Cris Carter catch I can recall.

    He had so many it is difficult to choose one.
    But, my favorite was at Mile High Stadium in 99.
    The Vikings were down big early and came back and won thanks to some big plays.
    Carter made a grab on the sideline.
    The same grab he made numerous times.
    But this one was in my eyes, unbelievable.
    Falling out of bounds and keeping both feet in bounds.

    My favorite play in that game was Leroy Hoard's big run on a draw play.
    The Vikings were backed up to their own goal line and facing a 3rd and 43, if my memory saves me correct.
    The Denver fans were going wild.
    I was catching crap from every direction.
    Then they hand off to Hoard on a draw and he runs all the way to the 48 yard line.
    That was the way the Viking comeback started.

  2. #2
    MaxVike's Avatar
    MaxVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,550

    Re: The best Cris Carter catch I can recall.

    Hands down (no pun intended) the best catch was near the goal line, diving, one-handed snag, against Atlanta in Atlanta...probably late 90's.
    Couldn't find it on YouTube.

    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

  3. #3
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: The best Cris Carter catch I can recall.

    "vikingivan" wrote:
    He had so many it is difficult to choose one.
    But, my favorite was at Mile High Stadium in 99.
    The Vikings were down big early and came back and won thanks to some big plays.
    Carter made a grab on the sideline.
    The same grab he made numerous times.
    But this one was in my eyes, unbelievable.
    Falling out of bounds and keeping both feet in bounds.

    My favorite play in that game was Leroy Hoard's big run on a draw play.
    The Vikings were backed up to their own goal line and facing a 3rd and 43, if my memory saves me correct.
    The Denver fans were going wild.
    I was catching crap from every direction.
    Then they hand off to Hoard on a draw and he runs all the way to the 48 yard line.
    That was the way the Viking comeback started.
    That game was on Holloween, because I was at the game.
    Denver fans were expecting great things after winning the SB in 98, even after Elway retired.
    They were totally pissed they lost the game.

    CC always extended the field a couple yards.

    My favorite CC catch and I can't remember when and against who, was when Moon threw a bad pass in the end zone straight at a defender and CC went over the defenders back and snatched the ball away.
    CC NEVER gave up, his determination to get the ball was fanatical.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,206

    Re: The best Cris Carter catch I can recall.

    "gagarr" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    He had so many it is difficult to choose one.
    But, my favorite was at Mile High Stadium in 99.
    The Vikings were down big early and came back and won thanks to some big plays.
    Carter made a grab on the sideline.
    The same grab he made numerous times.
    But this one was in my eyes, unbelievable.
    Falling out of bounds and keeping both feet in bounds.

    My favorite play in that game was Leroy Hoard's big run on a draw play.
    The Vikings were backed up to their own goal line and facing a 3rd and 43, if my memory saves me correct.
    The Denver fans were going wild.
    I was catching crap from every direction.
    Then they hand off to Hoard on a draw and he runs all the way to the 48 yard line.
    That was the way the Viking comeback started.
    That game was on Holloween, because I was at the game.
    Denver fans were expecting great things after winning the SB in 98, even after Elway retired.
    They were totally pissed they lost the game.

    CC always extended the field a couple yards.

    My favorite CC catch and I can't remember when and against who, was when Moon threw a bad pass in the end zone straight at a defender and CC went over the defenders back and snatched the ball away.
    CC NEVER gave up, his determination to get the ball was fanatical.
    That was also my favorite catch.
    It was against Miami in week 4 of 1994.
    My memory is that the Vikes had been up big in the first half before Marino led the Dolphins back.
    I think the Dolphins were ahead 35-31 in the fourth quarter, and that catch by Carter won the game 38-35.
    I could be misremembering things though.

    Looked like it was going to be an easy interception and he just reached over and stole it away.
    Awesome.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

  5. #5
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The best Cris Carter catch I can recall.

    This one. ;D

    [youtube=425,350]PNQHGAWV4Vw[/youtube]
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  6. #6
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: The best Cris Carter catch I can recall.

    "Overlord" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "vikingivan" wrote:
    He had so many it is difficult to choose one.
    But, my favorite was at Mile High Stadium in 99.
    The Vikings were down big early and came back and won thanks to some big plays.
    Carter made a grab on the sideline.
    The same grab he made numerous times.
    But this one was in my eyes, unbelievable.
    Falling out of bounds and keeping both feet in bounds.

    My favorite play in that game was Leroy Hoard's big run on a draw play.
    The Vikings were backed up to their own goal line and facing a 3rd and 43, if my memory saves me correct.
    The Denver fans were going wild.
    I was catching crap from every direction.
    Then they hand off to Hoard on a draw and he runs all the way to the 48 yard line.
    That was the way the Viking comeback started.
    That game was on Holloween, because I was at the game.
    Denver fans were expecting great things after winning the SB in 98, even after Elway retired.
    They were totally pissed they lost the game.

    CC always extended the field a couple yards.

    My favorite CC catch and I can't remember when and against who, was when Moon threw a bad pass in the end zone straight at a defender and CC went over the defenders back and snatched the ball away.
    CC NEVER gave up, his determination to get the ball was fanatical.
    That was also my favorite catch.
    It was against Miami in week 4 of 1994.
    My memory is that the Vikes had been up big in the first half before Marino led the Dolphins back.
    I think the Dolphins were ahead 35-31 in the fourth quarter, and that catch by Carter won the game 38-35.
    I could be misremembering things though.

    Looked like it was going to be an easy interception and he just reached over and stole it away.
    Awesome.
    Thanks Overlord for the verification... I was starting to wonder if it was just a "wet" dream
    ;D
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  7. #7
    The_Loa is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    12

    Re: The best Cris Carter catch I can recall.

    I seem to remember a one-handed catch down the sidelines against Miami. I was too young to remember that well...does anyone remember this?

  8. #8
    Formo's Avatar
    Formo is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,664

    Re: The best Cris Carter catch I can recall.

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    This one. ;D

    -=insert awesome YouTube video of Carter catching an OT TD=-
    That was great.
    I don't recall ever watching that game live.. But any time the Vikes win in OT with a big TD versus a division rival is sweet.
    I love it.

    Although, that wasn't my all time favorite.

    My favorite was when my dad, brother and I went to Winter Part for Warren Moon's foundation (I can't remember what it was called) because my brother is handicapped.
    I remember meeting many Vikings..
    Jake Reed, Quadry Ismail, Brad Johnson, Warren Moon, Robert Griffith, Scottie Graham, and of course, Cris Carter.
    I remember watching him play catch with his son (who was around 5-6 years old at the time, if my memory serves me correctly).
    Watching those two catch in person, less than 5 yards from me, was something that rocked me.
    I don't know if it was because his boy was catching EVERYTHING he threw, or the fact that THE legendary Cris Carter was playing catch within arms reach.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

  9. #9
    digital420's Avatar
    digital420 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Ancient Korinthia
    Posts
    2,541

    Re: The best Cris Carter catch I can recall.

    #1000

    [youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MPvt680K9l4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

    DiGiTaL

    "We tried to stick with it, but there was a point where we were beating our head against a wall," Seattle Coach Mora talking about running at the Williams Wall

  10. #10
    purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    490

    Re: The best Cris Carter catch I can recall.

    I know this is a little goofy sounding but getting a TD with his 1000th catch.....was one of my favorites....I cannot remember
    my total favorite.
    CC was always my favorite WR of all time not only because of him being a Viking, but because he and I talked alot about life around football because we stopped using alcohol the same year. So When I seen him at MOA he and I would talk about life and sobriety vs football and I sat right behind where he signed autographs. I also remember how he was with his fans.....throughout his CAREER he was intouch with his fans. I remember my daughter was the only girl one year when he was in a hurry to get into meetings was already at the door at training camp and he came back signed hers and went back in. I believe there were about 250 or more people there and I dont remember any other girls there hollaring for him! So it was very neat for her! Infact she ended up on the news that night! CC was the best @ knowing where he was on the field dropping his toes
    as he fell out of bounds.

    I also remember one game he was in bounds and there was a newer ref and the ref called him out and CC slammed the ball into the ground and it went into the refs face and he got a 15 yard penalty for it saying that he did it on purpose.
    So there was too many to list. CC "The Great" Carter Never be another like him.
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

Similar Threads

  1. Ask Cris Carter 10/03/07
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-04-2007, 05:00 AM
  2. Cris Carter sig
    By VikesFan787 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 01:08 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-02-2007, 05:47 AM
  4. Cris Carter
    By vikings minnesoulija in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-22-2004, 08:46 PM
  5. Cris Carter
    By hawaiianvike21 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-02-2003, 07:02 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •