Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Best battles brewing on the Vikings' depth chart

[size=13pt]Best battles brewing on the depth chart[/size]

Five Vikings position competitions to keep an eye on as training camp progresses.

By Judd Zulgad, Star Tribune

Last update: July 24, 2007 – 7:51 PM

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Best battles brewing on the Vikings' depth chart

Training camp should be interesting, to say the least.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Nickle Back: McCauley will win
    WR: TWill and Wade will start. Rice in on 3 WR sets, moving Wade to slot.
    RT: Cook wins
    LDE: Scott wins
    RDE: Edwards wins

Remember, you heard it here first.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

What about tjack/bollinger. I know tjack is the fan favorite but I thought the they were going to let them compete for the job.

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

I am going to be fired up if they don't let T-Will start. That was the whole point of NOT picking up a QB this offseason. I mean if he wasnt slated to start then why would we not have picked Brady Quinn?

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Vikestand" wrote:
    I am going to be fired up if they don't let T-Will start. That was the whole point of NOT picking up a QB this offseason. I mean if he wasnt slated to start then why would we not have picked Brady Quinn?
    Because we had the 7th overall and Quinn went 22nd overall. And because Peterson should have been a top5 pick. And because the coaching staff like tjack and bollinger. And because tjack even if not ready now should be ready in a couple of years. And because Brady Quinn sucks.

If our coaching staff likes Bollinger we are in trouble. Stop being in denial! I wasn't questioning our pick of AP. But if Bollinger starts I will have a huge problem. And hopefully everybody else has one also. I can see the potential in Tjack, but Bollinger is a 2nd or 3rd string QB at the most. If Brad comes out and says that Bollinger is our starter, we might as well start preparing for next year. I am just being realistic.

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

Also, I hate Notre Dame. But atleast Weiss has installed a NFL style offense there. The reason I think Quinn will be far more impressive that Russell is the fact is that he is more NFL ready. And you are selling him short for the fact that he should have gone top 3, but Browns had everything worked out perfectly. Just because he didnt go top 5 doesnt mean a thing, you can come up with pages of players taken in the top 5 that have gone on to sell cars.

By Pack93z

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Starting WRs: Williamson and Wade. Rice replaces Wade in the red zone. There's no mention of Allison in the article. Personally, I see us keeping Lowber on the squad, but I don't know what kind of playing time he'll get. This group of receivers really has potential. Burners in Williamson, Allison(who has burner speed but can do a lot more than just run, he'll be great in the underneath routes with his quickness), and Lowber. A good slasher type receiver (I compare him to Torry Holt) In Wade. And a big red zone guy who's gonna go up and get the ball in Rice.
    RT: Cook(hopefully Johnson at guard)
    Nickel CB: McCauley. I think he could make a run at the starting spot over Griffin honestly. He's extremely talented. Fast, athletic, tackles well, if he plays as good as he can he'll be a great corner.

The rest of the battles I'm not too concerned with, RDE and LDE, just because I don't think it will make a big difference if Udeze or Scott starts, although I would like to see Robison get some playing time. But when James returns he'll get the bulk of the plays.

"Vikestand" wrote:
    If our coaching staff likes Bollinger we are in trouble. Stop being in denial! I wasn't questioning our pick of AP. But if Bollinger starts I will have a huge problem. And hopefully everybody else has one also. I can see the potential in Tjack, but Bollinger is a 2nd or 3rd string QB at the most. If Brad comes out and says that Bollinger is our starter, we might as well start preparing for next year. I am just being realistic.
    I think week one against the falcons Bollinger probably gives us a better chance to win, because he has experience. Still the upside with Tjack is far higher. But lets remember too that Chilli likes Bollinger and that is why he went out and aquired him.

As far as getting Quinn maybe we should have drafted peterson and then traded our 2nd and 3rd picks to move up, but taking him at #7 would have been a mistake. I don't think Quinn or Russel will be that good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast