Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    I can only hope that Ogeltree falls to the Vikings or Teo is snatched up by the Bears.
    The cover 2 needs a MLB who can cover the middle of the field and run with the tight ends.
    I don't see Teo as an effective cover 2 linebacker.
    A beacon of hope. I love it.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    I can only hope that Ogeltree falls to the Vikings or Teo is snatched up by the Bears.
    The cover 2 needs a MLB who can cover the middle of the field and run with the tight ends.
    Ogletree appears to be the only elite ILB in this draft. I think his off the field issues...theft, failed drug test will determine whether he falls or not.

Te'o, even though he doesn't have great speed or good hip movement does seem to do very well in pass coverage. More instinctual I guess, but it is generally listed as a strength for him.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    #25 Manti T'eo

#52 Tyrann Mathieu

Really? Both of them have BUST written all over them. One is a criminal, got kicked out of his program after having the keys to the city handed to him and is undersized anyway for the NFL. I doubt he has the heart to do anything more than cash his first paycheck.

As to T'eo, I am absolutely not impressed with him at all. If they draft those two my guess is in a year the WR situation will be the last worry on your mind lol.

Mathieu may be on the smaller side, but so to was Winfield and look how that turned out? He also has paid his dues so to speak with his marijuana use, and has been tested repeatedly since then. IMO, he deserves a second chance like anyone of us do in life.

As for T'eo, I am going with the assumption that Ogeltree will not be there when we pick, and also going by need, and the fact that he has been tied to the Vikings for a while now. I don't think he would be the worse pick that the Vikings could make in the 1st rd at LB.

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Manti Teo is Not the Worst Pick in First Round

Read more at Manti Te'o: Minnesota Vikings Could Draft LB in NFL Draft
    My thoughts on him as well. I hated the you HAD to watch a fucking advertisement video BEFORE you could read the damn article though, that sucked. Anyways, T'eo is the type of player that has a lot of tools, a lot of skills, and could be a very good pick for us. In my view, its better to take a chance at T'eo at #25 of the 1st rd then it was taking Troy Williamson at #7 and even Ponder at #12.

Besides, nothing saying that T'eo would have to be the MLB, he could be put somewhere else and Greenway or Henderson could become the MLB. Not likely, but possibly a option.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    #25 Manti T'eo

#52 Tyrann Mathieu

Really? Both of them have BUST written all over them. One is a criminal, got kicked out of his program after having the keys to the city handed to him and is undersized anyway for the NFL. I doubt he has the heart to do anything more than cash his first paycheck.

Hmm.... Last I checked failing a school-administered drug test does not make you a criminal. So the guy did dope on college. A good amount do. He's an idiot who didn't have his priorities in line. There's no denying the fact that despite that, he was one of the best playmaking defenders in the NCAA up until that point. Worth the risk in the third round for first round talent.
    As to T'eo, I am absolutely not impressed with him at all. If they draft those two my guess is in a year the WR situation will be the last worry on your mind lol.
    I can agree with that. Teo just seems like a terrible fit for us.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    Mathieu may be on the smaller side, but so to was Winfield and look how that turned out?
    yeah, we had a coverage liability for 8 years but a great tackler if a RB ran right at him.

yeah, we had a coverage liability for 8 years but a great tackler if a RB ran right at him.
    All I can say is watch some highlights on the guy, and read some articles on him. He is a good cover CB that tackles very well and hits hard. The kind of guy I would like on my favorite team.

Mathieu that is....

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    A beacon of hope. I love it.
    But, but Ogletree is a criminal who has been arrested twice for theft & DUI. He has also been suspended twice, the latest being 4 games for a failed drug test.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Randy Moss is offline Pro-Bowler
    What in the world are you talking about?

He was one of the best tacklers in the league for over a decade, the best tackling corner ever to play the game, AND and very good cover corner.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Kiper: Te'o to the Bears -- but beware Vikings

ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. thinks the Bears should take Manti Teo with the 20th overall pick in the draft later this month. But he thinks they have to be wary of the NFC North rival Vikings jumping ahead of them to steal the Notre Dame linebacker, if he is the player they have targeted.
    Kiper: Te'o to the Bears -- but beware Vikings | DailyHerald.com Blogs

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast