Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by VikesfaninWis View Post
    That really isn't saying much. Robinson was a rookie and Jefferson was a castoff from Arizona. Unless Robinson makes huge strides between now and the start of the season, it would be a mistake going in with any 3 as the starters. I would have to say that we have probably the worst CB crew in the NFL at this point.
    IDK, I actually think the combo or Cook and Robinson could be decent. Cook is definitely a starter in this league, and Robinson has potential. That being said, it is still an area of weakness, and I am not sure that keeping Winfield would have changed that much (especially at $7+ million).
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by marshallvike View Post
    I'm not thinking of the first two rounds here, but don't we have a need for a premier return man in this draft also? Who will be available in the later rounds that can fit that bill?
    ... again, Tyrann Mathieu. Round 3. End of story.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    IDK, I actually think the combo or Cook and Robinson could be decent. Cook is definitely a starter in this league, and Robinson has potential. That being said, it is still an area of weakness, and I am not sure that keeping Winfield would have changed that much (especially at $7+ million).

I'm not high on Cook at all. He is decent, but nowhere near a shutdown CB in this league, plus he either can't stay healthy, or stay out of trouble.

Robinson remains to be seen, I really hope he turns out to be good for us. Jefferson they can't stick out on the curb for the trash man, and he probably wouldn't get picked up. He is Mr. Pass Interference, and everytime he is running with a WR, he always looks back to swat the ball away after its in the WR's hands. That guy is just horrible to me.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Besides WR.... What do you want in the first two rounds.

Drafting a few WRs will fix the CB problems lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Drafting a few WRs will fix the CB problems lol.
    It would help if we had a good QB.

I am thinking the Vikes go

#23 Keenan Allen

#25 Manti T'eo

#52 Tyrann Mathieu

or maybe they go DeAndre Hopkins with that #23 pick. Then we go DT in the 3rd, or maybe they even package some picks and move up into the 2nd rd again to get another stud player. If we ended up with those 3 in the first 2 rounds, I would call that a success. I would prefer to have Alec Ogeltree at LB instead of T'eo, but I am sure Ogeltree will be gone by the time we pick in the 1st.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    #25 Manti T'eo

#52 Tyrann Mathieu

Really? Both of them have BUST written all over them. One is a criminal, got kicked out of his program after having the keys to the city handed to him and is undersized anyway for the NFL. I doubt he has the heart to do anything more than cash his first paycheck.

As to T'eo, I am absolutely not impressed with him at all. If they draft those two my guess is in a year the WR situation will be the last worry on your mind lol.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Manti Te’o is Not the Worst Pick in First Round

Whether Minnesota Vikings‘ fans like it or not, there’s a good chance the team will select Manti Te’o in this year’s NFL Draft. They’ve been interested in the linebacker from the start of the offseason, and now with two first round picks, the likelihood is greater than ever that Te’o dons the purple and gold next season.

Read more at Manti Te'o: Minnesota Vikings Could Draft LB in NFL Draft
    Last edited by singersp; 04-03-2013 at 06:30 AM.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Manti Te’o is Not the Worst Pick in First Round

Read more at Manti Te'o: Minnesota Vikings Could Draft LB in NFL Draft
    Poor Manti Te'o he never got a kiss
    Poor Manti Te'o he don't know what he missed
    Is it any wonder, his face is so red
    Manti Te'o you poor ol' wooden head

I don't know if I could ever get that song out of my head, if we end up signing him.

smegmavike is offline Coach
    I can only hope that Ogeltree falls to the Vikings or Teo is snatched up by the Bears.
    The cover 2 needs a MLB who can cover the middle of the field and run with the tight ends.
    I don't see Teo as an effective cover 2 linebacker.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast