Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    The numbers speak for themselves. Say whatever you want to make yourself feel better though.

However, you have the football IQ of a 7 year old.
    When my son was 7 he could identify defensive sets on sight. Now that he's 9 he probably has a higher football IQ than me...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by NodakPaul View Post
    When my son was 7 he could identify defensive sets on sight. Now that he's 9 he probably has a higher football IQ than me...
    Perhaps he could teach Ponder?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    So, despite the article not being right... it's still correct that Winfield was the best run-stopping corner? Um, okay.

Being the 18th CB in the league is hardly the "shiniest turd in the toilet..." as you so eloquently put it. Considering there are 64 starting CBs in the league, not even including teams that start with nickel sets... that would still put Winfield in the top of the league.

And as much as I hate Bleacher Report, they are now the sports reporting website CNN uses instead of Sports Illustrated... so there's that.
    +1

I'd also like to add;

He didn't give up a touchdown all year and deterred teams from throwing in his direction.

The Darrelle Revis effect was indeed present all year with Winfield. Quarterbacks had a 74.0 rating when throwing at him, ninth in the league.

He didn't allow big plays as receivers only averaged 9.4 yards a catch against him, fourth best among corners.
    I wonder how many TD's those 17 ahead of him on the "The Shutdown Crew" list gave up?

4th best CB in the league out of way more than 64 CB's in not allowing big plays for big yards is nowhere near being a shiny turd.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Obviously you are a genius and picked up on something every other GM has missed since he is still on the unemployment line. One would think the best CB in the league would have been signed in the first 24 hours of hitting the market. Or at least a week. Yeah, he will get a job somewhere but it seems the front offices in the league may be closer to my evaluation than yours.
    The numbers speak for themselves. Say whatever you want to make yourself feel better though.

However, you have the football IQ of a 7 year old.
    Then it should match your overall IQ nicely.

You can make numbers say all sorts of things but in the end they may not end up equalling squat.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011