Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mac D View Post
    So, despite the article not being right... it's still correct that Winfield was the best run-stopping corner? Um, okay.

Being the 18th CB in the league is hardly the "shiniest turd in the toilet..." as you so eloquently put it. Considering there are 64 starting CBs in the league, not even including teams that start with nickel sets... that would still put Winfield in the top of the league.

And as much as I hate Bleacher Report, they are now the sports reporting website CNN uses instead of Sports Illustrated... so there's that.
    fyi, BR now also requires you to apply as a writer. Not just anybody can sign up anymore. Doesn't make it reputable, but gets rid of some of those oh-so-special writers

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Now that Marrdro is gone you've gone from board guru to average football mind. That's shocking !
    My concern with T'eo is his ability to cover the center of the field in the cover 2, and run sideline to sideline; something Brinkley couldn't quite do.

The Vikings need a MLB that is above average in the passing game when you consider they face Rodgers, Cutler, and Stafford, twice a year.

If the Vikings take T'eo, I will remain skeptical but support it. But I agree, moving up to take T'eo would seem foolish.
    I've always considered myself average at best, just like the rest of the rubes.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    So, despite the article not being right... it's still correct that Winfield was the best run-stopping corner? Um, okay.

Being the 18th CB in the league is hardly the "shiniest turd in the toilet..." as you so eloquently put it. Considering there are 64 starting CBs in the league, not even including teams that start with nickel sets... that would still put Winfield in the top of the league.

And as much as I hate Bleacher Report, they are now the sports reporting website CNN uses instead of Sports Illustrated... so there's that.
    This sums it up pretty well, from pretty much the best site for statistical analysis of the NFL, Pro Football Focus.

Antoine Winfield - PFF's No. 1 Cornerback?

smegmavike is online now Coordinator
    Marrdro is gone?
    Not literally, but he no longer is at PP.O daily, answering each post in every thread, and offering his evaluation of each post. Perhaps you hadn't noticed.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni
    Marrdro is gone?
    Pretty much. It looks like he has only posted once since early Feb and that was a month ago. It's too bad. Although I do not always agree with him I did enjoy marr's football talk. Hopefully he is back when the draft and training camp start.
    I am not on there often, but I have seen him get busy with Viking talk on facebook sometimes.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by smegmavike View Post
    Not literally, but he no longer is at PP.O daily, answering each post in every thread, and offering his evaluation of each post. Perhaps you hadn't noticed.
    I don't make it on PPO as much as I used to either.

Marr sometimes hits me up on Facebook, thought he was a PPO lifer though. A bit disappointed to be honest.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    That's not true at all. He lead all corners last year in tackles for a loss.... by a wide margin.

Sometimes I wonder where you guys come up with this stuff.
    Obviously you are a genius and picked up on something every other GM has missed since he is still on the unemployment line. One would think the best CB in the league would have been signed in the first 24 hours of hitting the market. Or at least a week. Yeah, he will get a job somewhere but it seems the front offices in the league may be closer to my evaluation than yours.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    Obviously you are a genius and picked up on something every other GM has missed since he is still on the unemployment line. One would think the best CB in the league would have been signed in the first 24 hours of hitting the market. Or at least a week. Yeah, he will get a job somewhere but it seems the front offices in the league may be closer to my evaluation than yours.
    This just in...tons of talented Cbs are unemployed. Also he doesn't have much of a future so teams will be holding on signing him

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Floyd View Post
    The numbers speak for themselves. Say whatever you want to make yourself feel better though.

However, you have the football IQ of a 7 year old.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

smegmavike is online now Coordinator
    Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    fyi, BR now also requires you to apply as a writer. Not just anybody can sign up anymore. Doesn't make it reputable, but gets rid of some of those oh-so-special writers
    Apply as a writer ? Those are sterling credentials. Guess they are legit. after all.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast