Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Besides WR.... What do you want in the first two rounds.

Almost everyone wants a WR in the first 2 rounds, however, I have my eye on a real gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljabRfKOFrI
    DJ Flucker #76 RIght tackle.

Monster of a man. I would love to move him inside, where he has played in college and either put him on the left side to help Khalil or put him at RG and move Fusco to left to battle Johnson for a starting spot. Some of these driving blocks makes me envision him creating holes for AD. Lets not forget he is doing this vs some of the best talent in the NCAA. In the run game he is flat out dominant and while he is good in pass blocking being inside will hide some of his flaws (still grades better than Load) This guy is in credible and I have wanted him since last season.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Almost everyone wants a WR in the first 2 rounds, however, I have my eye on a real gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljabRfKOFrI
    DJ Flucker #76 RIght tackle.

Monster of a man. I would love to move him inside, where he has played in college and either put him on the left side to help Khalil or put him at RG and move Fusco to left to battle Johnson for a starting spot. Some of these driving blocks makes me envision him creating holes for AD. Lets not forget he is doing this vs some of the best talent in the NCAA. In the run game he is flat out dominant and while he is good in pass blocking being inside will hide some of his flaws (still grades better than Load) This guy is in credible and I have wanted him since last season.
    Why would you draft a RT & force him to play a position he might not excel at? If you want a G, draft a G.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    I want a Winfield replacement and a 3 down MLB who will kick ass for us for 10+ years!

I'm kinda hoping it's Keenan Allen and Desmond Trufant in the first, then, maybe, Manti Te'o or Jon Bostic in the 2nd, and then a DT if a worthy one falls to the 3rd. I'd also like to see us go back to the WR well in the 3rd or 4th...Ryan Swope, Stedman Bailey are smaller, faster guys, or perhaps, Chris Harper, a big, strong possession guy who is an excellent outside, downfield blocker with decent hands.

I still think we should look into moving one of our firsts back. JAX, PHI, ARI, BUF & Jets could all be looking for a QB at the top of the 2nd...one of them might want to jump the rest to get their guy ahead of the pack, and we could turn pick no.25 into a top ten pick of the 2nd And 3rd rounds. With the depth of this draft, that 2nd could be like a 1st anyway, and we'd have another, early 3rd to spend on that 2nd WR or to get better DT or CB depth.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    Why would you draft a RT & force him to play a position he might not excel at? If you want a G, draft a G.
    Some players are capble of playing more than one position. Especially on the line. He projects to play Guard or RT in the pros. BTW. If moved inside he would be the best G prospect in this draft...including Chance W.

Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    I want a Winfield replacement and a 3 down MLB who will kick ass for us for 10+ years!

I'm kinda hoping it's Keenan Allen and Desmond Trufant in the first, then, maybe, Manti Te'o or Jon Bostic in the 2nd, and then a DT if a worthy one falls to the 3rd. I'd also like to see us go back to the WR well in the 3rd or 4th...Ryan Swope, Stedman Bailey are smaller, faster guys, or perhaps, Chris Harper, a big, strong possession guy who is an excellent outside, downfield blocker with decent hands.

I still think we should look into moving one of our firsts back. JAX, PHI, ARI, BUF & Jets could all be looking for a QB at the top of the 2nd...one of them might want to jump the rest to get their guy ahead of the pack, and we could turn pick no.25 into a top ten pick of the 2nd And 3rd rounds. With the depth of this draft, that 2nd could be like a 1st anyway, and we'd have another, early 3rd to spend on that 2nd WR or to get better DT or CB depth.
    Completelty agree. I'm not sure a team that picks a WR at 25 overall gains much over the guy picking one at the top of the 3rd. I say that because no one knows for sure where Hunter is as far as WR pecking order. Same for Woods, Allen etc. The 3rd best WR is likely to be the 8th best for someone else.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I'm honestly not too familiar with the prospects, but any competition at Guard is good, both of ours leave alot to be desired. Drafting a guard that high seems like a waste, it better be a damn good guard to burn a first or second pick on a Guard. We still need a Stud MLB, a corner, and some safety depth. If the right DT is there, I wouldn't hate it, but it's not my preference.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevoncox View Post
    Completelty agree. I'm not sure a team that picks a WR at 25 overall gains much over the guy picking one at the top of the 3rd. I say that because no one knows for sure where Hunter is as far as WR pecking order. Same for Woods, Allen etc. The 3rd best WR is likely to be the 8th best for someone else.
    Yup, I honestly see drafting a WR early as more of a risk than drafting a QB. WR seems like one of the most hit or miss positions with Corner and QB. Some guys who are great in college, just don't work out. Mike Williams and Dwayne Jarrett immediately come to mind. in 2005 and 2007 when we were needing a WR, those were some of the biggest wants around here. Mike was an immediate bust, and Jarrett who is now retired from football for non-injury reasons. Like any other positions, there are can't miss talents, but all the other guys who SHOULD turn into a stud, often don't.

IMO, you're safer with a guy who is a speedster, but played in a pro-style offense than a possession guy who won because he's just bigger and stronger than everyone. (Jarrett, Williams, Blackmon, etc.)

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by singersp View Post
    It worked out well when we drafted Ryan Cook and moved him from C to RT.What makes you think lightning couldn't strike twice?

Quote Originally Posted by i_bleed_purple View Post
    Yup, I honestly see drafting a WR early as more of a risk than drafting a QB. WR seems like one of the most hit or miss positions with Corner and QB. Some guys who are great in college, just don't work out.
    Yet some of those same fans would rather not have us pay money for a proven WR available in FA, but rather get our WR's in the draft.
    Last edited by singersp; 03-25-2013 at 07:22 AM.

2013 Vikings Draft: Matching Players To The Biggest Needs Of The Vikings

2013 Vikings Draft: Matching Players To The Biggest Needs Of The Vikings - Daily Norseman

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast