Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Berrian was WIDE OPEN

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Same old story huh?
    I was going to comment but what is the point.
    Why are you guys still talking about a game that happened and isn't going to get replayed?

Lets move on and talk about getting ready for next year.
    It very well could get replayed next year. They need to learn from this. Lets hope we never see 12 men on the field. My guess is we won't with Weaver.
    No way in hell this staff pays Weaver what he is worth. My guess is Philly won't let him leave anyways.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Same old story huh?
    Why are you guys still talking about a game that happened and isn't going to get replayed?

It very well could get replayed next year. They need to learn from this. Lets hope we never see 12 men on the field. My guess is we won't with Weaver.
    No way in hell this staff pays Weaver what he is worth. My guess is Philly won't let him leave anyways.
    No way in hell? I here that comment out of you often and the staff does the opposite. Tahi is garbage. Weaver is a stud. This owner has been known to spend. FB is a weakness. Not too many holes. Weaver will be on their minds.

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Same old story huh?

No way in hell? I here that comment out of you often and the staff does the opposite. Tahi is garbage. Weaver is a stud. This owner has been known to spend. FB is a weakness. Not too many holes. Weaver will be on their minds.
    I am sure he will be on their minds. Problem is, so will the funds in the bank vs the fact that they don't use the FB as a weapon.

Am I gonna be wrong on this? Probably, however, I'm still going to say, "No way in hell".

Finding a way to fix our OL woes won't include signing a high priced FB that will only see the field on 1/3 of the plays.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Same old story huh?

I am sure he will be on their minds. Problem is, so will the funds in the bank vs the fact that they don't use the FB as a weapon.

Am I gonna be wrong on this? Probably, however, I'm still going to say, "No way in hell".

Finding a way to fix our OL woes won't include signing a high priced FB that will only see the field on 1/3 of the plays.
    What? He is more than a runner and catcher. He is a good run and pass blocker. He would be great to fill in for Peterson if we let Taylor go.

How soon you forget we had interest in him last year. Now we know Tahi sucked and so did Tapeh. Now they realize they need to pay up.

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Same old story huh?

What? He is more than a runner and catcher. He is a good run and pass blocker. He would be great to fill in for Peterson if we let Taylor go.

How soon you forget we had interest in him last year. Now we know Tahi sucked and so did Tapeh. Now they realize they need to pay up.

Two things.....

1. I haven't forgot we had interest in him last year. Truth be told, it is one of the keys that I am using as proof we won't get him. Again, we offered him a contract last year, he obviously thought it was to low and opted for the Iggles. Why do you think we will offer him more this year?

2. I am in no way detracting from his skill set. I think he is a remarkable player. I am only saying that this scheme we are running doesn't use the FB in that role. Again, why pay a guy if you aren't going to use him?

In the end, I would love to see us employ the FB the way you are supposed to in this scheme, but we don't and because we don't, I don't think this staff will spend alot in this area especially when you look at our issues at MLB, CB and possibly LT. My guess is they will use the money they have this year on one, two or all three of those areas.

Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Same old story huh?

Two things.....

1. I haven't forgot we had interest in him last year. Truth be told, it is one of the keys that I am using as proof we won't get him. Again, we offered him a contract last year, he obviously thought it was to low and opted for the Iggles. Why do you think we will offer him more this year?

2. I am in no way detracting from his skill set. I think he is a remarkable player. I am only saying that this scheme we are running doesn't use the FB in that role. Again, why pay a guy if you aren't going to use him?

In the end, I would love to see us employ the FB the way you are supposed to in this scheme, but we don't and because we don't, I don't think this staff will spend alot in this area especially when you look at our issues at MLB, CB and possibly LT. My guess is they will use the money they have this year on one, two or all three of those areas.
    1. I already answered that.
    2. He will be used. I would use him as the 2nd RB as well as the FB.

FA: CB and FB
    Draft: QB and DT

marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    marstc09 wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Same old story huh?

Two things.....

1. I already answered that.
    2. He will be used. I would use him as the 2nd RB as well as the FB.

FA: CB and FB
    Draft: QB and DT
    1. So you think cause he was productive this year we should offer him more? Kindof aludes to a discussion point that maybe our staff thought he was only a blocker last year and didn't know he would/could be used as a offensive weapon.

Again, we offered him a contract which he didn't take. Historically this staff tends to offer a bit more for a guy they really want. Why do you think they will offer him more this year?

Nope, they offered him a contract commensurate with his skill level which he turned down. No way they make him another offer higher than that this year.

2. So would I. Problem is, we aren't Bevell and the Chiller. Who the hell knows how they would use him.

FA: Mid Level MLB to back up Jasper if EJ isn't going to be ready.
    Draft: QB, DT, OT, OG, H-back and a FRICKEN KICKER that can kick it into the end zone.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

gregair13 wrote:
    Favre trusts Rice more than anyone and will throw to him even when he is obviously covered.
    TRUTH.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Tad7 wrote:
    it's similar to how he threw it to the only well-covered guy in the 2007 NFC Championship Game OT for an interception. It's like he gets 100% set in what he wants to do on big plays like that or something...I'm not sure.

The play was similar. I suspect Favre did not go to Berrian because the results of that play against the Giants was on his mind. He thought he should go to the crossing pattern this time.

In this case, the sideline pass away from the defender was the best choice, but we also know that Berrian has dropped those bullet sideline passes from Favre this season, so it may not have been a completion in any case.

Favre could have run the ball, and it would have been great to see a field goal made after that, because the Saints tried to put Favre down with cheap shots and illegal hits.

Bullet is offline Waterboy

First off you cant blame the man who carried the team all year and all game. After watching longwell kick off I doubt he would have made that kick anyway. Chances of making a kick in that moment from that distance have got to be pretty low.

I honestly believe favre made the right call. If Rice comes back 1-2 yards to that ball its a catch and a chip shot field goal. Rice has made those plays all year and fought hard for the ball, but sat still on this one.

Instead of posting BS video like this you should be trying to explain how you can fumble 6 times in a dome with no rain/sleet/snow or cold or send 12 men into a huddle after a timeout.
    None

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast