Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60
  1. #51
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Is Berrian a No. 1 Wideout?

    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    Moss who??
    There was a Santana Moss
    Kate Moss..thats who you are thinking of
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK
    Posts
    1,147

    Re: Is Berrian a No. 1 Wideout?

    Is it o'kay to talk about BB here? just checking. I would hate to post in a
    T-jack/qb thread. :-\ The guy IS a number 1 wide-out. Wether some folks are "sold" or not. And it does not matter who is throwing the ball. The guy is far and away the best reciever on the team now. The 'Vikes have a couple of nice developing rookies, but Bernard is the best equipped to stretch the field and "catch" the ball. Gee, maybe some folks would like Billy mcwhatshisname or maybe fred whatever, more philly rejects to come play wideout. The guy is "gunna" have a breakout season. The team is real happy about BB. I think most fans are happy as well. It will work out.
    Tuco the world.....

  3. #53
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: Is Berrian a No. 1 Wideout?

    "Jereamiah" wrote:
    Is it o'kay to talk about BB here? just checking. I would hate to post in a
    T-jack/qb thread. :-\ The guy IS a number 1 wide-out. Wether some folks are "sold" or not. And it does not matter who is throwing the ball. The guy is far and away the best reciever on the team now. The 'Vikes have a couple of nice developing rookies, but Bernard is the best equipped to stretch the field and "catch" the ball. Gee, maybe some folks would like Billy mcwhatshisname or maybe fred whatever, more philly rejects to come play wideout. The guy is "gunna" have a breakout season. The team is real happy about BB. I think most fans are happy as well. It will work out.
    dont hate on fred=ex lmao

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  4. #54
    Braddock's Avatar
    Braddock is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Clermont, FL
    Posts
    1,630

    Re: Is Berrian a No. 1 Wideout?

    "Schutz" wrote:
    "BBQ" wrote:


    I trust our scouting department.
    Besides, by your logic, as a sixth-rounder, Tom Brady was a bigger "project" than Jackson was.
    Johnny Unitas was a NINTH-rounder. And Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, and Cade McNown were all first-rounders.

    The draft is a crapshoot.
    If they had enough faith in this Jackson project to move up to draft him in the second round, then I say he's as likely as a first-rounder to pan out.
    I'll have the same amount of patience with him as I would for a first-rounder, same as you.
    Unlike you, however, this doesn't mean "no patience at all."
    tom brady was picked under the assumption that the patriots would always have drew bledsoe as their quarterback..and i did acknowledge that those 'cant miss at the time' guys that you listed didnt always work out..my point was that if alot of those guys dont work out, how can you just assume if we pick up a project, hes gonna work, simply because he happens to be on our team?

    i have patience, but having patience in a cant miss top pick, and having patience in a 1-AA raw project that came into the league totally void of any football mental makeup is totally different..he should be learning behind somebody in that situation
    I'm not ASSUMING anything.
    I'm arguing that it will take time for ANYONE to develop, and that we need to show the same amount of patience for ANY prospect, precisely because EVERYONE starts out as a project (except for an exceptionally rare few).
    I think that he will work out judging from how well he played during the second-half winning streak last season.

    NO ONE - not a #1 pick OR a second-rounder out of a 1-AA school - is ready for the NFL.
    I don't care if they've played at Ohio State, USC, wherever - they're not ready for the radical shift in quality and difficulty that the NFL brings to the table.
    Infinity minus 2 is the same as infinity minus 1.
    I think Tarvaris has upside, and that's why I haven't abandoned ship yet.
    [/quote]

    Randy Moss what?
    [/quote]

    It's a lot different for a QB and a WR. give TJ a break. get on him after this year, but not now. What good is this bickering doing anyway? We went through last year with him, we might as well see how he comes around this year before we start throwing him away, or else all of last season was in vain. And it's not like everyone else was doing their job perfectly either. TWills drops, The line's early struggles, AD's poor pass blocking. Our whole offense still has things to learn, so does TJ. So don't blame all of our offensive woes on him.

    If I remember right, he actually kept us in the last game of the season. That should be a promising sign AND we should be pumped to see what this hard-working guy develops over the offseason instead of continuously drubbing his earlier mistakes.....
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

  5. #55
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Is Berrian a No. 1 Wideout?

    "Braddock" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "BBQ" wrote:


    I trust our scouting department.
    Besides, by your logic, as a sixth-rounder, Tom Brady was a bigger "project" than Jackson was.
    Johnny Unitas was a NINTH-rounder. And Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, and Cade McNown were all first-rounders.

    The draft is a crapshoot.
    If they had enough faith in this Jackson project to move up to draft him in the second round, then I say he's as likely as a first-rounder to pan out.
    I'll have the same amount of patience with him as I would for a first-rounder, same as you.
    Unlike you, however, this doesn't mean "no patience at all."
    tom brady was picked under the assumption that the patriots would always have drew bledsoe as their quarterback..and i did acknowledge that those 'cant miss at the time' guys that you listed didnt always work out..my point was that if alot of those guys dont work out, how can you just assume if we pick up a project, hes gonna work, simply because he happens to be on our team?

    i have patience, but having patience in a cant miss top pick, and having patience in a 1-AA raw project that came into the league totally void of any football mental makeup is totally different..he should be learning behind somebody in that situation
    I'm not ASSUMING anything.
    I'm arguing that it will take time for ANYONE to develop, and that we need to show the same amount of patience for ANY prospect, precisely because EVERYONE starts out as a project (except for an exceptionally rare few).
    I think that he will work out judging from how well he played during the second-half winning streak last season.

    NO ONE - not a #1 pick OR a second-rounder out of a 1-AA school - is ready for the NFL.
    I don't care if they've played at Ohio State, USC, wherever - they're not ready for the radical shift in quality and difficulty that the NFL brings to the table.
    Infinity minus 2 is the same as infinity minus 1.
    I think Tarvaris has upside, and that's why I haven't abandoned ship yet.
    Randy Moss what?
    [/quote]

    It's a lot different for a QB and a WR. give TJ a break. get on him after this year, but not now. What good is this bickering doing anyway? We went through last year with him, we might as well see how he comes around this year before we start throwing him away, or else all of last season was in vain. And it's not like everyone else was doing their job perfectly either. TWills drops, The line's early struggles, AD's poor pass blocking. Our whole offense still has things to learn, so does TJ. So don't blame all of our offensive woes on him.

    If I remember right, he actually kept us in the last game of the season. That should be a promising sign AND we should be pumped to see what this hard-working guy develops over the offseason instead of continuously drubbing his earlier mistakes.....
    [/quote]
    Braddock, not sure if that was supposed to be a rant, but it sure looks like one and a DAMN good one at that.

    If he shows any signs of improvement this year do you think they will extend his contract?

    Excellent post my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #56
    HEY's Avatar
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,193
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Berrian a No. 1 Wideout?

    Berrian is not even ranked in the top 30 in the NFL 2008: fantasy player rankings (04/28/2008 )
    >
    I guess the folks who made that list doesn't have much faith in Tarvaris Jackson getting him the ball.

    http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story?id=...o&confirm=true

    Oh.. by the way, AD is ranked as the second best runningback
    ;D

  7. #57
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,599
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Berrian a No. 1 Wideout?

    "HEY" wrote:
    Berrian is not even ranked in the top 30 in the NFL 2008: fantasy player rankings (04/28/2008 )
    >
    I guess the folks who made that list doesn't have much faith in Tarvaris Jackson getting him the ball.

    http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story?id=...o&confirm=true

    Oh.. by the way, AD is ranked as the second best runningback
    ;D
    Fantasy rankings are not the same as player rankings.
    Any WR on the Vikings will be ranked lower regardless of skill.
    Why?
    Because we have a run first offense and the league's best running back tandem.

    Hell, I think Berrian will have a great year and earn the money he is getting - but I still wouldn't draft him as my first or second fantasy QB.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #58
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Is Berrian a No. 1 Wideout?

    "HEY" wrote:
    Berrian is not even ranked in the top 30 in the NFL 2008: fantasy player rankings (04/28/2008 )

    >
    I guess the folks who made that list doesn't have much faith in Tarvaris Jackson getting him the ball.

    http://www.nfl.com/fantasy/story?id=...o&confirm=true

    Oh.. by the way, AD is ranked as the second best runningback

    ;D
    Fantasy rankings are based upon fantasy point potentials given a particular scoring system and should never be used as a point of discussion in real-world football threads.

    Whether or not Fantasy Scoring System A likes Bernard Berrien has no bearing on whether or not he will make the catches that a "#1" receiver needs to make.

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  9. #59
    StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,255

    Re: Is Berrian a No. 1 Wideout?

    I see Berrian as a very good deep-threat receiver. So yes, I would say he is a nr. 1 wideout.

  10. #60
    nailhead77 is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    281

    Re: Is Berrian a No. 1 Wideout?

    he,s the #1 on this team for now.
    i think he has a little chip on his shoulder since the bears wouldnt give him the money he wanted, that should play out in our favor.
    other teams will have to worry about the deep threat more now and that will open things a little more for the 2 headed monster.
    his stats may not be great but hopefully his impact will show in other areas.
    I put a sig on here before, but it expired?
    Now i have tried again but seem to be retarded.......oh well,

    Floop the bears!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Similar Threads

  1. Berrian isn't a 'No. 1'
    By marstc09 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 06:55 PM
  2. Berrian on NFLTA
    By snowinapril in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 03:34 PM
  3. A differant take on Berrian
    By tgorsegner in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 12:25 PM
  4. Vikings place hopes in hands of rookie wideout Rice
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 01:01 PM
  5. Bears get another decent wideout.
    By hawaiianvike21 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 03-26-2005, 07:58 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •