Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Berrian on “NFL Total Access” tonight (Thurs 6/25)

"singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    What about his MVP showing the first 3/4 of the season? Then the injury occured. Very easy for someone to be sold.
    ??? What MVP season?

You are the
    only one I have heard mention that he was having an MVP season.
    Plenty of on air talent have said this. Haters just choose to ignore.

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Is Brad Childress/Darel Bevel's play calling going to be improved at all?? Did he comment on that?
    Favre will take care of that. We finally have a QB that knows how to make changes at the line.
    I hope our QB's get some more leway to do things like that, this was a big concern going into last season and the QB's were asked about it. Both Jackson and Frerotte said you don't have to do that much in this offense, it's "built in". What that means? I'm still a bit confused, I want to call into KFAN some time and get that question off so Childress can explain.
    The WCO is meant to exploit a D in multiple ways on any play with combinations of short, medium, and deep routes.
    You don't have a change a passing play specifically to get one of those types of routes.
    What the QB needs to be able to do is understand which of those routes is likely to be effective based on the D he sees lined up and what he expects post snap and then understand which of his receivers will be running that route to deliver the ball to him, quickly.
    A WCO puts a lot of weapons on the field, a lot of options, but it takes a smart QB to take advantage of that.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Is Brad Childress/Darel Bevel's play calling going to be improved at all?? Did he comment on that?
    Favre will take care of that. We finally have a QB that knows how to make changes at the line.
    I hope our QB's get some more leway to do things like that, this was a big concern going into last season and the QB's were asked about it. Both Jackson and Frerotte said you don't have to do that much in this offense, it's "built in". What that means? I'm still a bit confused, I want to call into KFAN some time and get that question off so Childress can explain.
    The WCO is meant to exploit a D in multiple ways on any play with combinations of short, medium, and deep routes.
    You don't have a change a passing play specifically to get one of those types of routes.
    What the QB needs to be able to do is understand which of those routes is likely to be effective based on the D he sees lined up and what he expects post snap and then understand which of his receivers will be running that route to deliver the ball to him, quickly.
    A WCO puts a lot of weapons on the field, a lot of options, but it takes a smart QB to take advantage of that.
    Exactly P&G, and something that BF is very good at and has been doing for a very long time now.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Exactly P&G, and something that BF is very good at and has been doing for a very long time now.....
    +1. Very good explanation.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    A excellent post my friend.

Kindof knullifies all the "Our Offense is Vanilla" and "The Playcalling Sucks" stuff when, the team execuates ala the QB reads the defense (TJ struggles with that), a OL that makes the proper adjustments (we struggled with that) and have the WR's who can get off the line clean/in time (didn't happen much last year), now doesn't it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    A excellent post my friend.

Kindof knullifies all the "Our Offense is Vanilla" and "The Playcalling Sucks" stuff when, the team execuates ala the QB reads the defense (TJ struggles with that)
    Well, lucky for us we're getting a QB who's quite good at that.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "BleedinPandG" wrote:
    A excellent post My Sexy Little Pixie.

Kindof knullifies all the "Our Offense is Vanilla" and "The Playcalling Sucks" stuff when, the team execuates ala the QB reads the defense (TJ struggles with that)
    Well, lucky for us we're getting a QB who's quite good at that.
    But will his harm hold up the other end of the bargain?
    :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234