Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    TrojanVike28 is offline Starter

Re: Berrian on “NFL Total Access” tonight (Thurs 6/25)

That comment was a bad attempt of a joke. Meaning he throws multiple int's. Hence the DB's would love him to be under center. Nonetheless, I don't want T-Joke under center or Sage Blowsencopter as our QB... I'll be happy with Favre...

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I'll take Jackson all day... I just think Favre is better and Jackson can learn something from a master of the WCO. Sage... he kinda scares the sh*t out of me to be honest.

Favre does throw multiple INT's, I think the more pressure we can eliviate off of Favre with "team execution", the less INT's we will see. It's a fantastic surrounding cast as long as we stay healthy.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    I make predictions... I'm already sold on his ability, otherwise I wouldn't want him. But it is true, most will have to see it to believe it. Thats cool too.
    I don't understand how anybody can be "sold" on his ability when he's 40 years old and put up an absolutely horrendous showing the later part of last season.
    To each his own.
    I would agree that he probably gives us the best chance to win, but I won't be sold until I see it.

It will be interesting to see what Berrian has to say tonight.
    I'll have to have the wife record it for me so I can watch it when I get home from work.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    I make predictions... I'm already sold on his ability, otherwise I wouldn't want him. But it is true, most will have to see it to believe it. Thats cool too.
    I don't understand how anybody can be "sold" on his ability when he's 40 years old and put up an absolutely horrendous showing the later part of last season.
    To each his own.
    I would agree that he probably gives us the best chance to win, but I won't be sold until I see it.

I'll have to have the wife record it for me so I can watch it when I get home from work.
    What about his MVP showing the first 3/4 of the season? Then the injury occured. Very easy for someone to be sold.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"marstc09" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    To each his own.

What about his MVP showing the first 3/4 of the season? Then the injury occured. Very easy for someone to be sold.
    Another year older, he's stated he doesn't have it in him anymore - twice, and he is coming off of an injury and surgery.

3 decent reasons IMO - but probably better suited for discussion in the Favre thread.

Go Berrian!!!

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    To each his own.

I think you should recognize that he was injured, maybe that effected his production? I would think so, he got surgery to repair what was bothering him.

Favre is 40... but we're not talking a normal 40 year old guy. I sure as hell don't trust Gus Frerotte at 40 let alone 37 or 38. Favre is an old man, but Favre also does amazing things throughout his carear. Did anyone think he would do what he did after what he went through in that car accident? How about the way he played the week his father past?

Hell last night I pulled up an old thread about Favre, after his 29 INT season, most thought he was done... 2 years later he comes back and has a tremendous season, over 4,000 yards, one of highest completion % of his carear, ect.

The last thing I do is doubt Favre.

And yes... it will be intristing to see what he has to say, I got a prediction on it. He's going to say he would like to have Favre come in, that Favre is a great QB and can help us win games. Berrian is definitly down with situation.

Yfz01 is offline Asst. Coach

Did anyone watch this? Also, Berrian said Sidney Rice and T-Jack would be the most improved players on the team.
    He did say that is all depending on whether or not Favre joins it.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Is Brad Childress/Darel Bevel's play calling going to be improved at all?? Did he comment on that?

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"Yfz01" wrote:
    Did anyone watch this? Also, Berrian said Sidney Rice and T-Jack would be the most improved players on the team.
    He did say that is all depending on whether or not Favre joins it.
    Here is transcript for anyone wanting to read it:

http://chat.nfl.com/front/archived_chat/316

I thougt that was an intristing bit about Jackson, I myself am expecting bigger years out of both players, especially Rice, he's going to be #2. As far as Jackson goes I've always liked him, the evolution or manifestation of his carear is not over. Alot of people have a hard time understanding that. I think we know who Berrian believes will win the starting spot barring the addition of Favre. Evident IMO.

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Is Brad Childress/Darel Bevel's play calling going to be improved at all?? Did he comment on that?
    I think the playcalling improved last season from the year before. I would hope it does again, especailly when your QB is in his 4th season and the weapons are provided to have an explosive versitle offense.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast