Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Bernard Berrian - Premium Performer

"marstc09" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    In a way, Berrian reminds of AD a little.
    You won't see him consistently picking up decent yardage throughout the game, or consistently making catches, but at somepoint during the game, he'll make some big plays.
    Huh???? Peterson led the league in rushing.
    Yes, but this season the majority of his yardage came off long runs.
    He probably averaged 2.5 yards per carry if you took away his runs over 20 yards.
    IMHO I liked the way he ran in his first season better, he hit the hole hard every time, whereas this year his seemed to dance around at the line looking for the big run too often.
    Peterson is no where near the home run type guy Berrian is. We need a big possession WR.
    Yup, we're a home run team, but what hurts us offensively is the time inbetween big plays- we don't seem to look good at all.
    I think a big possesion receiver would help this, a guy that can always be looked for constantly...even though I'm a fan of Bobby Wade, I think we may need something more.
    This is also why I think Chester is still a big part of this team, because Peterson can play bad between his big ones, Chester helps keep some consistency going when given the chance, I'd like to see more of him.

When I read articles on who some possible pick ups at the receiver position, a lot of times Devery Henderson comes up, which I don't agree with at all, the guy is a homerun deep threat guy, even though it's unlikely, I really think bringing in Housh or Boldin would be a brilliant move.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    You won't see him consistently picking up decent yardage throughout the game, or consistently making catches, but at somepoint during the game, he'll make some big plays.
    He probably averaged 2.5 yards per carry if you took away his runs over 20 yards.
    IMHO I liked the way he ran in his first season better, he hit the hole hard every time, whereas this year his seemed to dance around at the line looking for the big run too often.
    Peterson is no where near the home run type guy Berrian is. We need a big possession WR.
    Yup, we're a home run team, but what hurts us offensively is the time inbetween big plays- we don't seem to look good at all.
    I think a big possesion receiver would help this, a guy that can always be looked for constantly...even though I'm a fan of Bobby Wade, I think we may need something more.
    This is also why I think Chester is still a big part of this team, because Peterson can play bad between his big ones, Chester helps keep some consistency going when given the chance, I'd like to see more of him.

When I read articles on who some possible pick ups at the receiver position, a lot of times Devery Henderson comes up, which I don't agree with at all, the guy is a homerun deep threat guy, even though it's unlikely, I really think bringing in Housh or Boldin would be a brilliant move.
    I think having a QB who can stay calm and make routine 5-15 yard throws would go a long way in developing consistency on offense.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

KrackerJack is offline Hall of Famer

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "Å*nowbowler" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    [quote author=Å*nowbowler link=topic=50442.msg904706#msg904706 date=1233799210]

I think having a QB who can stay calm and make routine 5-15 yard throws would go a long way in developing consistency on offense.
    [/quote]

Yeah... that too, but all I'm saying is that a big possesion receiver would give a great boost as well.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer

Such was the case for the Vikings this past season. Although Minnesota ranked just 25th in passing yards, they moved all the way up to 11th in passing touchdowns and they led the league in touchdown passes of 20 or more yards with 13.
    That's because Childress has always been afraid to throw into the end zone when inside the Red Zone.

Then again, it isn't like the Vikings have a QB who can do that without high risk.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12