Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 34
  1. #11
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Bernard Berrian and Greg Lewis switch numbers.

    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Who the hell would notice?
    Neither guy will be on the team next year.
    And this gives me the opportunity to rant about why this year's team is so different from last years.

    There are too many marginal NFL players starting for the Vikings this year.
    And there are a number of veterans who once were good, but are now just collecting paychecks.
    Good point doc. Problem is, all teams are loaded with "marginal" players, sprinkled with a few stars.

    If the stars live up to thier end, the marginal players live up to thier end, and the team plays like a team, its never noticed.

    Kindof funny when you think about it. I have been watching a bit of the Browns this year. Spend more time trying to figure out who thier "Marginal" players who are making plays than I do actually watching them play.

    In the end, no team can be comprised of just stars. Even Jerry Jones can't afford that team.
    Berrian is being paid like a star, that's the problem.

    And the Browns marginal players work because they a competent coaching staff.
    I hear ya on BB and agree.

    On the Browns players....Not so sure I agree. Again, those cats are putting out cause they need to. Our spoiled little brats know they will get a deal next year even if they sit out.

    Hell, look at what Dnabb got from the Deadskins. Only a crazy man/women would try to convince me that guys like Rice, Berrian etc won't have a job getting big bucks someplace next year if the game is still going on.

    In the end, it doesn't matter who thier coach is, IMHO. But rather, who thier agent is and if thier agent is telling them they need to play or if they don't need to play.

    My guess, looking around the league, there is alot of agents telling players not to play.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    952

    Re: Bernard Berrian and Greg Lewis switch numbers.

    They should switch contracts too!

  3. #13
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Bernard Berrian and Greg Lewis switch numbers.

    Wanna hear something funny about these two? Well I'm not sure if it's funny or sad, anyway - These two guys who have been with our team for a couple years now? This season in 8 games Berrian has 176 yards, in 9 games Greg Lewis has 140.

    In his first and only 4 games with us, Moss had 174, just as many as Berrian, more than Lewis or any other receiver on our roster besides Harvin.

    Maybe after they switch numbers they should just quit. They have half as many receptions as our RB who is allegedly a sub-par receiver. Big play Berrian? 9.8 yards per reception.

  4. #14
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Bernard Berrian and Greg Lewis switch numbers.

    Wanna hear something funny about these two? Well I'm not sure if it's funny or sad, anyway - These two guys who have been with our team for a couple years now? This season in 8 games Berrian has 176 yards, in 9 games Greg Lewis has 140.

    In his first and only 4 games with us, Moss had 174, just as many as Berrian, more than Lewis or any other receiver on our roster besides Harvin.

    Maybe after they switch numbers they should just quit. They have half as many receptions as our RB who is allegedly a sub-par receiver. Big play Berrian? 9.8 yards per reception.

  5. #15
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Bernard Berrian and Greg Lewis switch numbers.

    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Wanna hear something funny about these two? Well I'm not sure if it's funny or sad, anyway - These two guys who have been with our team for a couple years now? This season in 8 games Berrian has 176 yards, in 9 games Greg Lewis has 140.

    In his first and only 4 games with us, Moss had 174, just as many as Berrian, more than Lewis or any other receiver on our roster besides Harvin.

    Maybe after they switch numbers they should just quit. They have half as many receptions as our RB who is allegedly a sub-par receiver. Big play Berrian? 9.8 yards per reception.
    You know I can't help it so forgive me my friend.........

    I wonder how many yards PatsRandy would have had if he played on every down? :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #16
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Bernard Berrian and Greg Lewis switch numbers.

    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Wanna hear something funny about these two? Well I'm not sure if it's funny or sad, anyway - These two guys who have been with our team for a couple years now? This season in 8 games Berrian has 176 yards, in 9 games Greg Lewis has 140.

    In his first and only 4 games with us, Moss had 174, just as many as Berrian, more than Lewis or any other receiver on our roster besides Harvin.

    Maybe after they switch numbers they should just quit. They have half as many receptions as our RB who is allegedly a sub-par receiver. Big play Berrian? 9.8 yards per reception.
    You know I can't help it so forgive me my friend.........

    I wonder how many yards PatsRandy would have had if he played on every down? :P
    I wonder the same thing. And I realize how much more pathetic that makes Berrian and Lewis look.

    Also, regarding Moss' effort, I read an interview of Jason Sehorn recently. Not the best player ever, but he was decent for a while.
    You think if any other player jogged as much as Moss on the field they’d get cut on the spot?

    If you watch wide receivers, and as a corner I can tell you, when they know they’re not the option or if it’s a running play away from them a lot of times they don’t come off the ball the same way; they can’t. They can’t explode and run up the field to try and block you every play because they might come back to the huddle and the next play is a go route. They want to be fresh. As to the mentality of the receiver position, for the most part they play like that. You’ll find some guys that can go all the time but for the more elite ones they have to conserve so when they’re called upon they can explode and go get the ball.
    http://outofbounds.nbcsports.com/2010/11/10/oob-interview-jason-sehorn-on-kick-returning-mike-shanahan-and-jogging-with-randy-moss/

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Bernard Berrian and Greg Lewis switch numbers.

    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Wanna hear something funny about these two? Well I'm not sure if it's funny or sad, anyway - These two guys who have been with our team for a couple years now? This season in 8 games Berrian has 176 yards, in 9 games Greg Lewis has 140.

    In his first and only 4 games with us, Moss had 174, just as many as Berrian, more than Lewis or any other receiver on our roster besides Harvin.

    Maybe after they switch numbers they should just quit. They have half as many receptions as our RB who is allegedly a sub-par receiver. Big play Berrian? 9.8 yards per reception.
    You know I can't help it so forgive me my friend.........

    I wonder how many yards PatsRandy would have had if he played on every down? :P
    I wonder the same thing. And I realize how much more pathetic that makes Berrian and Lewis look.

    Also, regarding Moss' effort, I read an interview of Jason Sehorn recently. Not the best player ever, but he was decent for a while.
    You think if any other player jogged as much as Moss on the field they’d get cut on the spot?

    If you watch wide receivers, and as a corner I can tell you, when they know they’re not the option or if it’s a running play away from them a lot of times they don’t come off the ball the same way; they can’t. They can’t explode and run up the field to try and block you every play because they might come back to the huddle and the next play is a go route. They want to be fresh. As to the mentality of the receiver position, for the most part they play like that. You’ll find some guys that can go all the time but for the more elite ones they have to conserve so when they’re called upon they can explode and go get the ball.
    http://outofbounds.nbcsports.com/2010/11/10/oob-interview-jason-sehorn-on-kick-returning-mike-shanahan-and-jogging-with-randy-moss/
    Excellent article/point.

    Look, I know that skilled players take plays off, even when they are on the field. Thats why most of those positions have a rotation.

    Problem for me is that he does it more times than not.

    Again, I was overjoyed when we got him this time. For me to now consider him with the likes of Cris Carter (actually have a higher opinion of CC that Randy), should speak volumes to how let disappointed I am with his effort.

    Told you before and I will probably tell you again, I honestly believe he mailed it in the whole game cause he wanted to be a Pat more than he wanted to be a Viking. (Sad, crying emoticon)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Bernard Berrian and Greg Lewis switch numbers.

    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Who the hell would notice?
    Neither guy will be on the team next year.
    And this gives me the opportunity to rant about why this year's team is so different from last years.

    There are too many marginal NFL players starting for the Vikings this year.
    And there are a number of veterans who once were good, but are now just collecting paychecks.
    Good point doc. Problem is, all teams are loaded with "marginal" players, sprinkled with a few stars.

    If the stars live up to thier end, the marginal players live up to thier end, and the team plays like a team, its never noticed.

    Kindof funny when you think about it. I have been watching a bit of the Browns this year. Spend more time trying to figure out who thier "Marginal" players who are making plays than I do actually watching them play.

    In the end, no team can be comprised of just stars. Even Jerry Jones can't afford that team.
    OK, let me just clear this up a little bit.

    Not sure how you are looking at it, but my opinion is, the quality of your marginal or back up players is what often times makes your team. You never win if you aren't a team.

    The quality of your 'marginal' or backup players is directly related to what you pay your stars.And that is evident in how our special teams play.

    For example, the guy you call Bryzcheapski was just that under the McCombs years.McCombs wouldn't let him spend any money.
    But Zygi has opened up the checkbook. Since then he has grossly overpaid Hutchinson,McKinnie,Berrian,Allen,and Favre.
    Who among them are earning their paycheck this year?

    Because of that you end up with players like Tahi,Asher Allen,Shepherd,Farwell,Lewis,Baskett,Williams, Johnson and just about most of the special teams players in a non-skilled position.
    Upgrade the quality of these players by not overpaying your stars, and you may end up with a Patriots like organization.

    Let this year be a lesson to the Vikings organization.
    Wake the frig up and change coarse.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  9. #19
    soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    357

    Re: Bernard Berrian and Greg Lewis switch numbers.

    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Marrdro wrote:
    jargomcfargo wrote:
    Who the hell would notice?
    Neither guy will be on the team next year.
    And this gives me the opportunity to rant about why this year's team is so different from last years.

    There are too many marginal NFL players starting for the Vikings this year.
    And there are a number of veterans who once were good, but are now just collecting paychecks.
    Good point doc. Problem is, all teams are loaded with "marginal" players, sprinkled with a few stars.

    If the stars live up to thier end, the marginal players live up to thier end, and the team plays like a team, its never noticed.

    Kindof funny when you think about it. I have been watching a bit of the Browns this year. Spend more time trying to figure out who thier "Marginal" players who are making plays than I do actually watching them play.

    In the end, no team can be comprised of just stars. Even Jerry Jones can't afford that team.
    OK, let me just clear this up a little bit.

    Not sure how you are looking at it, but my opinion is, the quality of your marginal or back up players is what often times makes your team. You never win if you aren't a team.

    The quality of your 'marginal' or backup players is directly related to what you pay your stars.And that is evident in how our special teams play.

    For example, the guy you call Bryzcheapski was just that under the McCombs years.McCombs wouldn't let him spend any money.
    But Zygi has opened up the checkbook. Since then he has grossly overpaid Hutchinson,McKinnie,Berrian,Allen,and Favre.
    Who among them are earning their paycheck this year?

    Because of that you end up with players like Tahi,Asher Allen,Shepherd,Farwell,Lewis,Baskett,Williams, Johnson and just about most of the special teams players in a non-skilled position.
    Upgrade the quality of these players by not overpaying your stars, and you may end up with a Patriots like organization.

    Let this year be a lesson to the Vikings organization.
    Wake the frig up and change coarse.
    So does that mean next year we get to see AD run for a team that can actually run block

  10. #20
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Bernard Berrian and Greg Lewis switch numbers.

    Marrdro wrote:
    Mr Anderson wrote:
    Wanna hear something funny about these two? Well I'm not sure if it's funny or sad, anyway - These two guys who have been with our team for a couple years now? This season in 8 games Berrian has 176 yards, in 9 games Greg Lewis has 140.

    In his first and only 4 games with us, Moss had 174, just as many as Berrian, more than Lewis or any other receiver on our roster besides Harvin.

    Maybe after they switch numbers they should just quit. They have half as many receptions as our RB who is allegedly a sub-par receiver. Big play Berrian? 9.8 yards per reception.
    You know I can't help it so forgive me my friend.........

    I wonder how many yards PatsRandy would have had if he played on every down? :P
    The answer- More than anyone else on the team including harvin. Too bad the coach is a dumbass who can't figure out how to use the talent.

    If he was still here, how many reverse passes would we have tried on the opening play of the game by now?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. bernard berrian on tv!
    By purplengold in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 07:40 PM
  2. Greg Lewis situation
    By Bubba Jed in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 01:52 PM
  3. Greg Lewis Impact Player
    By oaklandzoo24 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 09-29-2009, 02:13 PM
  4. Bernard Berrian
    By ktarinze in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 02:10 AM
  5. Bernard Berrian Talks
    By C Mac D in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 10:25 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •