Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Bernard Berrian could be quite a catch

    "gagarr" wrote:
    "I think the next week after, that's when we started," Berrian said. "It's been a while. No less than two days a week, and most of the time it was three. I'd say we were out there probably a good hour each day."

    2 to 3 hours a week???
    Is this normal?
    Dedication to me would be 2-3 hours a day.

    I'm hoping they get it together by reg season.

    As for all this talk about how HARD TJ throws the ball.
    It might be good to stop the defenders from making a break on the ball, but if the receivers can't catch it, it really doesn't matter.

    If the receivers can't adjust to catching his cannon balls, he needs to adjust his throws.
    His job is to make a completion, NOT to just get the ball to the receiver.
    It's the sign of a good QB.

    its the receivers jobs to catch the ball, if the QB gets the ball to them and it hits them in the hands then they better catch it no excuses

    Thanks josdin00

  2. #12
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Bernard Berrian could be quite a catch

    "tb04512" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "I think the next week after, that's when we started," Berrian said. "It's been a while. No less than two days a week, and most of the time it was three. I'd say we were out there probably a good hour each day."

    2 to 3 hours a week???
    Is this normal?
    Dedication to me would be 2-3 hours a day.

    I'm hoping they get it together by reg season.

    As for all this talk about how HARD TJ throws the ball.
    It might be good to stop the defenders from making a break on the ball, but if the receivers can't catch it, it really doesn't matter.

    If the receivers can't adjust to catching his cannon balls, he needs to adjust his throws.
    His job is to make a completion, NOT to just get the ball to the receiver.
    It's the sign of a good QB.

    its the receivers jobs to catch the ball, if the QB gets the ball to them and it hits them in the hands then they better catch it no excuses
    I agree for the most part, but would argue that the QB's velocity in the throw should be taken into account.
    So IMO, 20% of it falls back onto the QB for instances such as tossing a bullet when only a lob would be required, causing the WR to drop the pass on his slant route because he's expecting the QB's nice easy pass.
    If the QB does something the WR doesn't expect, the WR will be much more likely to drop the pass.

  3. #13
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Bernard Berrian could be quite a catch

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "I think the next week after, that's when we started," Berrian said. "It's been a while. No less than two days a week, and most of the time it was three. I'd say we were out there probably a good hour each day."

    2 to 3 hours a week???
    Is this normal?
    Dedication to me would be 2-3 hours a day.

    I'm hoping they get it together by reg season.

    As for all this talk about how HARD TJ throws the ball.
    It might be good to stop the defenders from making a break on the ball, but if the receivers can't catch it, it really doesn't matter.

    If the receivers can't adjust to catching his cannon balls, he needs to adjust his throws.
    His job is to make a completion, NOT to just get the ball to the receiver.
    It's the sign of a good QB.

    its the receivers jobs to catch the ball, if the QB gets the ball to them and it hits them in the hands then they better catch it no excuses
    I agree for the most part, but would argue that the QB's velocity in the throw should be taken into account.
    So IMO, 20% of it falls back onto the QB for instances such as tossing a bullet when only a lob would be required, causing the WR to drop the pass on his slant route because he's expecting the QB's nice easy pass.
    If the QB does something the WR doesn't expect, the WR will be much more likely to drop the pass.
    IMO thats what practice is for, to know what is going to happen in the game, if hes throwing bullets in practice then he needs to bring it over to the game, however the receiver should be able to adjust to any ball thats thrown to them

    Thanks josdin00

  4. #14
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Bernard Berrian could be quite a catch

    "tb04512" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "I think the next week after, that's when we started," Berrian said. "It's been a while. No less than two days a week, and most of the time it was three. I'd say we were out there probably a good hour each day."

    2 to 3 hours a week???
    Is this normal?
    Dedication to me would be 2-3 hours a day.

    I'm hoping they get it together by reg season.

    As for all this talk about how HARD TJ throws the ball.
    It might be good to stop the defenders from making a break on the ball, but if the receivers can't catch it, it really doesn't matter.

    If the receivers can't adjust to catching his cannon balls, he needs to adjust his throws.
    His job is to make a completion, NOT to just get the ball to the receiver.
    It's the sign of a good QB.

    its the receivers jobs to catch the ball, if the QB gets the ball to them and it hits them in the hands then they better catch it no excuses
    I agree for the most part, but would argue that the QB's velocity in the throw should be taken into account.
    So IMO, 20% of it falls back onto the QB for instances such as tossing a bullet when only a lob would be required, causing the WR to drop the pass on his slant route because he's expecting the QB's nice easy pass.
    If the QB does something the WR doesn't expect, the WR will be much more likely to drop the pass.
    IMO thats what practice is for, to know what is going to happen in the game, if hes throwing bullets in practice then he needs to bring it over to the game, however the receiver should be able to adjust to any ball thats thrown to them
    Correct...assuming he is getting consistancy from the QB.

  5. #15
    gagarr's Avatar
    gagarr is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,411

    Re: Bernard Berrian could be quite a catch

    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "I think the next week after, that's when we started," Berrian said. "It's been a while. No less than two days a week, and most of the time it was three. I'd say we were out there probably a good hour each day."

    2 to 3 hours a week???
    Is this normal?
    Dedication to me would be 2-3 hours a day.

    I'm hoping they get it together by reg season.

    As for all this talk about how HARD TJ throws the ball.
    It might be good to stop the defenders from making a break on the ball, but if the receivers can't catch it, it really doesn't matter.

    If the receivers can't adjust to catching his cannon balls, he needs to adjust his throws.
    His job is to make a completion, NOT to just get the ball to the receiver.
    It's the sign of a good QB.

    its the receivers jobs to catch the ball, if the QB gets the ball to them and it hits them in the hands then they better catch it no excuses
    I agree for the most part, but would argue that the QB's velocity in the throw should be taken into account.
    So IMO, 20% of it falls back onto the QB for instances such as tossing a bullet when only a lob would be required, causing the WR to drop the pass on his slant route because he's expecting the QB's nice easy pass.
    If the QB does something the WR doesn't expect, the WR will be much more likely to drop the pass.
    IMO thats what practice is for, to know what is going to happen in the game, if hes throwing bullets in practice then he needs to bring it over to the game, however the receiver should be able to adjust to any ball thats thrown to them
    Correct...assuming he is getting consistancy from the QB.
    "the receiver should be able to adjust to any ball thats thrown to them"

    So by all this logic, if the receivers aren't good enough to catch a hard ball.
    TJ shouldn't care if they catch it as long as he gets it there, as if the receiver drops it and the Vikes have to punt, at least we can't say it's TJ's fault.


    I think a good QB needs to know how to adjust his speed, not only for the situation (screen), but also who he's throwing too.
    The goal is the catch.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

  6. #16
    cajunvike's Avatar
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    32,063

    Re: Bernard Berrian could be quite a catch

    "gagarr" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    [quote author=gagarr link=topic=45338.msg786009#msg786009 date=1212079768]
    "I think the next week after, that's when we started," Berrian said. "It's been a while. No less than two days a week, and most of the time it was three. I'd say we were out there probably a good hour each day."

    2 to 3 hours a week???
    Is this normal?
    Dedication to me would be 2-3 hours a day.

    I'm hoping they get it together by reg season.

    As for all this talk about how HARD TJ throws the ball.
    It might be good to stop the defenders from making a break on the ball, but if the receivers can't catch it, it really doesn't matter.

    If the receivers can't adjust to catching his cannon balls, he needs to adjust his throws.
    His job is to make a completion, NOT to just get the ball to the receiver.
    It's the sign of a good QB.

    its the receivers jobs to catch the ball, if the QB gets the ball to them and it hits them in the hands then they better catch it no excuses
    I agree for the most part, but would argue that the QB's velocity in the throw should be taken into account.
    So IMO, 20% of it falls back onto the QB for instances such as tossing a bullet when only a lob would be required, causing the WR to drop the pass on his slant route because he's expecting the QB's nice easy pass.
    If the QB does something the WR doesn't expect, the WR will be much more likely to drop the pass.
    IMO thats what practice is for, to know what is going to happen in the game, if hes throwing bullets in practice then he needs to bring it over to the game, however the receiver should be able to adjust to any ball thats thrown to them
    Correct...assuming he is getting consistancy from the QB.
    "the receiver should be able to adjust to any ball thats thrown to them"

    So by all this logic, if the receivers aren't good enough to catch a hard ball.
    TJ shouldn't care if they catch it as long as he gets it there, as if the receiver drops it and the Vikes have to punt, at least we can't say it's TJ's fault.


    I think a good QB needs to know how to adjust his speed, not only for the situation (screen), but also who he's throwing too.
    The goal is the catch.
    [/quote]

    Favre's WRs never complained about the velocity of his throws...neither should TJack's.
    It's only pussies like TWill who couldn't catch the balls that TJack was throwing.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

  7. #17
    BloodyHorns82's Avatar
    BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    9,691

    Re: Bernard Berrian could be quite a catch

    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "gagarr" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    [quote author=tb04512 link=topic=45338.msg786018#msg786018 date=1212080242]
    [quote author=gagarr link=topic=45338.msg786009#msg786009 date=1212079768]
    "I think the next week after, that's when we started," Berrian said. "It's been a while. No less than two days a week, and most of the time it was three. I'd say we were out there probably a good hour each day."

    2 to 3 hours a week???
    Is this normal?
    Dedication to me would be 2-3 hours a day.

    I'm hoping they get it together by reg season.

    As for all this talk about how HARD TJ throws the ball.
    It might be good to stop the defenders from making a break on the ball, but if the receivers can't catch it, it really doesn't matter.

    If the receivers can't adjust to catching his cannon balls, he needs to adjust his throws.
    His job is to make a completion, NOT to just get the ball to the receiver.
    It's the sign of a good QB.

    its the receivers jobs to catch the ball, if the QB gets the ball to them and it hits them in the hands then they better catch it no excuses
    I agree for the most part, but would argue that the QB's velocity in the throw should be taken into account.
    So IMO, 20% of it falls back onto the QB for instances such as tossing a bullet when only a lob would be required, causing the WR to drop the pass on his slant route because he's expecting the QB's nice easy pass.
    If the QB does something the WR doesn't expect, the WR will be much more likely to drop the pass.
    IMO thats what practice is for, to know what is going to happen in the game, if hes throwing bullets in practice then he needs to bring it over to the game, however the receiver should be able to adjust to any ball thats thrown to them
    Correct...assuming he is getting consistancy from the QB.
    "the receiver should be able to adjust to any ball thats thrown to them"

    So by all this logic, if the receivers aren't good enough to catch a hard ball.
    TJ shouldn't care if they catch it as long as he gets it there, as if the receiver drops it and the Vikes have to punt, at least we can't say it's TJ's fault.


    I think a good QB needs to know how to adjust his speed, not only for the situation (screen), but also who he's throwing too.
    The goal is the catch.
    [/quote]

    Favre's WRs never complained about the velocity of his throws...neither should TJack's.
    It's only pussies like TWill who couldn't catch the balls that TJack was throwing.
    [/quote]

    Williamson also struggled to catch balls thrown by "noodle-arm" Brad Johnson.

  8. #18
    dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    3,051

    Re: Bernard Berrian could be quite a catch

    ha....quite a CATCH, and his job is to CATCH....ha.....not funny

    Pissing on the Pack since 08'

  9. #19
    seaniemck7's Avatar
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Bernard Berrian could be quite a catch

    "gagarr" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    [quote author=gagarr link=topic=45338.msg786009#msg786009 date=1212079768]
    "I think the next week after, that's when we started," Berrian said. "It's been a while. No less than two days a week, and most of the time it was three. I'd say we were out there probably a good hour each day."

    2 to 3 hours a week???
    Is this normal?
    Dedication to me would be 2-3 hours a day.

    I'm hoping they get it together by reg season.

    As for all this talk about how HARD TJ throws the ball.
    It might be good to stop the defenders from making a break on the ball, but if the receivers can't catch it, it really doesn't matter.

    If the receivers can't adjust to catching his cannon balls, he needs to adjust his throws.
    His job is to make a completion, NOT to just get the ball to the receiver.
    It's the sign of a good QB.

    its the receivers jobs to catch the ball, if the QB gets the ball to them and it hits them in the hands then they better catch it no excuses
    I agree for the most part, but would argue that the QB's velocity in the throw should be taken into account.
    So IMO, 20% of it falls back onto the QB for instances such as tossing a bullet when only a lob would be required, causing the WR to drop the pass on his slant route because he's expecting the QB's nice easy pass.
    If the QB does something the WR doesn't expect, the WR will be much more likely to drop the pass.
    IMO thats what practice is for, to know what is going to happen in the game, if hes throwing bullets in practice then he needs to bring it over to the game, however the receiver should be able to adjust to any ball thats thrown to them
    Correct...assuming he is getting consistancy from the QB.
    "the receiver should be able to adjust to any ball thats thrown to them"

    So by all this logic, if the receivers aren't good enough to catch a hard ball.
    TJ shouldn't care if they catch it as long as he gets it there, as if the receiver drops it and the Vikes have to punt, at least we can't say it's TJ's fault.

    I think a good QB needs to know how to adjust his speed, not only for the situation (screen), but also who he's throwing too.
    The goal is the catch.
    [/quote]

    I have no idea what that says or your point there, but the bottom line is TJ can't catch a pass for a anyone.
    Sure every pass shouldn't be a bullet, but there are times when every may need to be a bullet.
    If it hits you in the hands, you should catch it.
    No excuses.

  10. #20
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: Bernard Berrian could be quite a catch

    "gagarr" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    "BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "tb04512" wrote:
    [quote author=gagarr link=topic=45338.msg786009#msg786009 date=1212079768]
    "I think the next week after, that's when we started," Berrian said. "It's been a while. No less than two days a week, and most of the time it was three. I'd say we were out there probably a good hour each day."

    2 to 3 hours a week???
    Is this normal?
    Dedication to me would be 2-3 hours a day.

    I'm hoping they get it together by reg season.

    As for all this talk about how HARD TJ throws the ball.
    It might be good to stop the defenders from making a break on the ball, but if the receivers can't catch it, it really doesn't matter.

    If the receivers can't adjust to catching his cannon balls, he needs to adjust his throws.
    His job is to make a completion, NOT to just get the ball to the receiver.
    It's the sign of a good QB.

    its the receivers jobs to catch the ball, if the QB gets the ball to them and it hits them in the hands then they better catch it no excuses
    I agree for the most part, but would argue that the QB's velocity in the throw should be taken into account.
    So IMO, 20% of it falls back onto the QB for instances such as tossing a bullet when only a lob would be required, causing the WR to drop the pass on his slant route because he's expecting the QB's nice easy pass.
    If the QB does something the WR doesn't expect, the WR will be much more likely to drop the pass.
    IMO thats what practice is for, to know what is going to happen in the game, if hes throwing bullets in practice then he needs to bring it over to the game, however the receiver should be able to adjust to any ball thats thrown to them
    Correct...assuming he is getting consistancy from the QB.
    "the receiver should be able to adjust to any ball thats thrown to them"

    So by all this logic, if the receivers aren't good enough to catch a hard ball.
    TJ shouldn't care if they catch it as long as he gets it there, as if the receiver drops it and the Vikes have to punt, at least we can't say it's TJ's fault.


    I think a good QB needs to know how to adjust his speed, not only for the situation (screen), but also who he's throwing too.
    The goal is the catch.
    [/quote]

    Receivers get paid to catch the ball, its in the job description, so when a ball comes to you you catch it, if its a soft lob catch it, if its a stream line bullet catch it.

    If Tjack gets the ball there and it hits the WR in the hands and they drop it i will blame the WR, if a ball hits you in the hands and you cant catch it, especially with the sticky gloves they use, then you dont deserve to be paid millions of dollars

    Thanks josdin00

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bernard Berrian defends himself
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 184
    Last Post: 11-19-2010, 09:23 AM
  2. bernard berrian on tv!
    By purplengold in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 07:40 PM
  3. Bernard Berrian
    By ktarinze in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 02:10 AM
  4. Bernard Berrian is slow
    By singersp in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-17-2008, 05:07 AM
  5. Bernard Berrian Talks
    By C Mac D in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-17-2008, 10:25 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •