Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Bennett's goals for 2004

According to an interview with Bennett in VU these are his goals for the season:

1. Win a Super Bowl.
    2. Get 1,500 yards rushing.
    3. Score 10 touchdowns.
    4. Win 14 games — "that’s 14 regular-season games," he said.

Bennett also said he has lost a little weight in the offseason and has run some 40's and been timed at 4.21 which is only .02 slower than his college speed.

About the Vikings in practice this year: "There’s something this year about our team. You can really, really feel it," Bennett said after a June developmental camp workout. "People will say, ‘Well, you say that every year.’ Yeah, we say it, but you can just tell when things are really clicking. The passion and the fire in our head coach, we bring that energy that he gives to us out on the field for every practice. So imagine if we just take that into each and every game, that would just be so great."

Just some more stuff to get everybody fired up...this could be our year people!
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Bennett's goals for 2004

oh yeah thats great stuff i wanted to read that article but dont have the insider registration. Bennett should have stats similair to those ones and we should be really good, just as long as injuries dont get in out way.

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Bennett's goals for 2004

Bennett losing weight is NOT a good thing, he already can't go up the middle .

And if he's running a 4.21 and Moss is still running a 4.23, look out NFC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Bennett's goals for 2004

Bennett was never a fickle back, as far as his build is concerned, he is just short. If the weight he lost was fat, then all weight loss is good.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

wyviking is offline Rookie

Bennett's goals for 2004

bennett stays healthy for this year and many years to come he will be the running back every one is talking about not faulk and lewis (which are both good). bennett should easyly get 1500 yards if he plays all year, and with bennett and o.smith we should have a good 1 2 punch for running backs. who cares if he lost some weight he probly be faster then ever. with bennett and moss we should have one of the fasttest O. in the nfl.
    theres no MOSS in wyoming just sagebrush

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Bennett's goals for 2004

I wouldn't worry RandyMoss8404, according to the article Bennett said he lost 5 pounds...probably just a little fat.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Bennett's goals for 2004

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Bennett was never a fickle back, as far as his build is concerned, he is just short. If the weight he lost was fat, then all weight loss is good.
    Folks I am here to tell you when Bennett talks about the feeling :sunny: let me tell you all not just because of this Board which I have had the honor to hang out with for about five years :?: and stay informed about the greatest fans and team in the world :salute: BUT the feeling reached out and touched even me on the other side ale: , If I was a preaching man which I am FAR from sorry :twisted: I would say in our 44-45 season WE will be CHAMPS :cheers: and for Bennett to have lost weight MAN he will FLY hitting those holes and Gaps like a cannon Ball from a cannon,

DAMM I can't wait This is going to be A GREAT YEAR "you can't hide from the PRUPLE PRIDE"
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Bennett's goals for 2004

I like those goals.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Big Daddy is offline Starter

Bennett's goals for 2004

Sounds awesome to me :cheers: But the only way he will score 10tds is if he scores them all from about 20 yards out or longer. I bet O. Smith will have double digit tds. The Viks have always taken out the #1 tailback in goal line situations.
    Happiness is like peeing your pants. Everyone can see it but only you can feel it s warmth!

Bennett's goals for 2004

"Big Daddy" wrote:
    Sounds awesome to me :cheers: But the only way he will score 10tds is if he scores them all from about 20 yards out or longer. I bet O. Smith will have double digit tds. The Viks have always taken out the #1 tailback in goal line situations.
    maybe we are in for some fresh thinking or plays this year :scratch: maybe bennet knows something we don't but O.smith I agree will do some big damage to the other teams defensive lines and score many time this year.
    Yesterday is History
    Tomorrow a Mystery
    TODAY is a GIFT that is why WE
    call it the "PRESENT"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast