Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bennett-wuh?!

Prophet Guest

Re: Bennett-wuh?!

Denny picked him in the #1 slot, so he still may be willing to give a reasonable trade offer.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

No way are we getting Lamont Jordan or Alexander for Bennett at this time.

But if we could get a safety or corner I would do it.

What do you think we could get from the Jets for Brad Johnson! Pennington is done for the year, if not for his career. Feidler is out for along time if not for the year. We could fleece them and rake in a huge price. I know that leaves us short for a backup at QB, but we could pickup somebody and pray that we do not have to use them.

I think we could get safety, or offensive line help, or a 1st and 2nd round pick. What would make it worth taking that risk?
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Prophet Guest

"whackthepack" wrote:
    No way are we getting Lamont Jordan or Alexander for Bennett at this time.

But if we could get a safety or corner I would do it.

What do you think we could get from the Jets for Brad Johnson! Pennington is done for the year, if not for his career. Feidler is out for along time if not for the year. We could fleece them and rake in a huge price. I know that leaves us short for a backup at QB, but we could pickup somebody and pray that we do not have to use them.

I think we could get safety, or offensive line help, or a 1st and 2nd round pick. What would make it worth taking that risk?
    The Jets are definitely circling the drain. Pennington's career is headed to the CFL and Fiedler is done for a while. It looks like they'll be calling up Vinny Inercepteverde soon. I agree that we should look into kicking them when they're down....problem is who are they going to give us? Blaylock is out of the question and Martin is father time. I still think that Denny will give the best bargain because he believes in Bennett. Will be interesting to see what pans out.

Del Rio Guest

I heard on Mike and Mike in the morning today that they heard the Pack was entertaining the idea of a Favre trade. The teams mentioned were the Ravens, the Jets, and the Dolphins. Rumors obviously. I think Favre would retire before he was traded.

The Pack seem to be concerned with the Future and Favre isn't part of that picture.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Del Rio" wrote:
    I heard on Mike and Mike in the morning today that they heard the Pack was entertaining the idea of a Favre trade. The teams mentioned were the Ravens, the Jets, and the Dolphins. Rumors obviously. I think Favre would retire before he was traded.

The Pack seem to be concerned with the Future and Favre isn't part of that picture.
    The Pack would rather play Favre, suck, and lose a ton of games than trade him to another team; which is exactly what they are doing! 0-3! :razz:

Jviking is offline Pro-Bowler

Ultra is right, no way will they trade favre.
    I don't think bennett is going anywhere either, at least not until the season is over.
    I BLEED PURPLE!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Prophet" wrote:
    Pennington's career is headed to the CFL and Fiedler is done for a while. It looks like they'll be calling up Vinny Inercepteverde soon. I agree that we should look into kicking them when they're down....problem is who are they going to give us? Blaylock is out of the question and Martin is father time. I still think that Denny will give the best bargain because he believes in Bennett. Will be interesting to see what pans out.
    Yes they will & yes they did. They agreed to terms with Vinny today.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Prophet Guest

KFFL
    Vikings | Bennett was Supposed to be No. 2 Running Back Week 3
    Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:35:42 -0700

The Star Tribune reports Minnesota Vikings RB Michael Bennett was expected to be the team's No. 2 running back for their Week 3 game. The Vikings planned to use Bennett more than the two plays he actually saw action on. RB Moe Williams mistakenly was used as starting RB Mewelde Moore's primary backup. Williams carried four times for 2 yards, while Bennett carried twice for 4 yards. "I was not pleased with that," head coach Mike Tice said. "No finger pointing at anybody. We were trying to win a game, and you get caught up in offensive schemes and adjustments and trying to fix protection problems and substitutions at times get lost in all of that."

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

"Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL
    Vikings | Bennett was Supposed to be No. 2 Running Back Week 3
    Tue, 27 Sep 2005 20:35:42 -0700

The Star Tribune reports Minnesota Vikings RB Michael Bennett was expected to be the team's No. 2 running back for their Week 3 game. The Vikings planned to use Bennett more than the two plays he actually saw action on. RB Moe Williams mistakenly was used as starting RB Mewelde Moore's primary backup. Williams carried four times for 2 yards, while Bennett carried twice for 4 yards. "I was not pleased with that," head coach Mike Tice said. "No finger pointing at anybody. We were trying to win a game, and you get caught up in offensive schemes and adjustments and trying to fix protection problems and substitutions at times get lost in all of that."
    this is the dumbest thing i ever read from Tice... God save us from this idiot.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456