Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Bennett won't miss opener

ah...ah...ahhhhh...chewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

i just tackled bennett with a sneeze and he injured his shoulder. MM will win he starting spot and bennett will cry.

Freya is offline Team Alumni

Start Moe. :thumbright:

Personally, I don't think there is intelligent life on other planets. Why should other planets be any different from this one?

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

Looks like Maurice Claret will be available soon. ukeright:

With the injury problems of the Vikes running backs, it could very well be Moe as the starter. I hope MB or MeMo can stay healthy and be productive (whoever is the starter), but I don't see a full season with either one of them getting a lot of carries. Sure wouldn't pick one for a fantasy team. With Birk out, their job just got that much harder.

wonder if tice wavers from his stance if moore kills? what if in 8 carries moore gets around 50 yards ? is bennett still the starter? what if in the 3 games bennett will be out ( san diego , seattle , and tampa) he rushes for 200 yards ? does he still stick with bennett?

i know this may be being a little 2 far fetched to expect .

i don't know how he can be stead fast in his reasurance in bennett . not to mention the injury , the lack of production , and the un-forgetable past .

if moore makes a killing and bennett comes back and starts , i'll be pissed . if moore kills and bennett starts and is ineffective , i will throw stuff . if moore sucks and bennett starts and performs well , then good for him (not very likely) .

http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    KFFL
    Vikings | M. Bennett Reaffirmed as Regular Season Starter
    Thu, 25 Aug 2005 12:43:33 -0700

St. Paul Pioneer Press' Sean Jensen reports Minnesota Vikings RB Michael Bennett (neck) will remain the starting running back of the Minnesota Vikings according to HC Mike Tice. Some confusion arose after Tice named Mewelde Moore the starter for the Vikings' exhibition game Friday, Aug. 26 due to Bennett's injury. "We are absolutely on the same page," Tice said. "Mike Bennett is a proven player and he is our starter, and the injury won't stop him from being the starter. I'm not playing any mind games or anything. But I have to have another plan if he can't play." Bennett said he was satisfied after a meeting with Tice and insists he will be ready for the regular season opener. "I don't know what the whole big hoopla was about," Bennett said. "My neck is a whole lot better."
    Tice has to start him the first game back or he is the idiot. After that you all can make your cases for Moore. Tice scares me more than any deficiency at RB

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Man I do not understand why Moore isn't in the mix to atleast win the job.. I am/was a Bennett guy but Mewelde has only shown great things and it sucks Tice doesn't recognize

ShanePurpleBlood is offline Coordinator

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    Man I do not understand why Moore isn't in the mix to atleast win the job.. I am/was a Bennett guy but Mewelde has only shown great things and it sucks Tice doesn't recognize
    Maybe by week 3 Tice will have it figured out. If Bennet can't produce in week two Tice better go with MeMo! Where is E-Town Viking4Life?

Another great sig by PPE!
    SKOL VIKINGS!!!
    Vikings #1
    Raiders #2
    Hawkeyes #1
    Longhorns #2

"tastywaves" wrote:
    Looks like Maurice Claret will be available soon. ukeright:

With the injury problems of the Vikes running backs, it could very well be Moe as the starter. I hope MB or MeMo can stay healthy and be productive (whoever is the starter), but I don't see a full season with either one of them getting a lot of carries. Sure wouldn't pick one for a fantasy team. With Birk out, their job just got that much harder.
    I think as long as we spell MeMo a little he will be good for the whole season. If I remember correctly durring his 3 game stretch as the starter he was the only back that steped on the field, I think he carried the ball 15-20 times each game and caught 27 passes. I also think he was still playing special teams, some might consider that being a little overworked.

magicci is offline Jersey Retired

Bennett will be fine. by week 3 if he looks like garbage thats when u can him.

"magicci" wrote:
    Bennett will be fine. by week 3 if he looks like garbage thats when u can him.
    Why wait to find out whats already been proven?
    Bennett=ineffective
    Moore=productive

A year and a preseason has proven this, why wait 3weeks and possibly drop 2 games?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast