purplehorn is offline Hall of Famer

Bennett a vike

Having a punter is great now if we could get a kicker we are close to a
    complete package.
    Green Bay police station toilet stolen.

Cops say they have nothing to go on.

Hawgski is offline Pro-Bowler

Bennett a vike

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by VikemanX84

lol, the kid isn't really injury prone.

What he did on the field speaks more volumes than I can say. The guy blocked our first Punt in how long? In '02 he had limited time, but when he was in there he made some nice hits, he made 2 awesome INTs off Favre.

As far as coaches Guaguing talent... How many times have we seen the likes of Jake Delhomme, a cast off from some other team, come in and be a star, lead his team to the Superbowl... things of the kind.

The kid had a tremendous upside, and he was a huge help on special teams to us. What did we have to lose to keep him on? His league minimum salary? Or The roster spot that will just be taken up by some guy who isn't half as talented as him, making the same ammount of money, and might as well be on IR because he doesn't do anything.

Too much is made of people being injury prone. had an injury stage not too long ago. I broke my finger, slinced my thumb open, I had a contusion in my right elbow, etc, etc, etc... But it was really only a phase. I'd assume the same thing happens in football. People get injured. Robert Smith was injured EVERY YEAR until 2000, and he made an excellent back. Fred Taylor is another example. The problem with players that get injured, especially young ones is that they give up. If he is willing to keep fighting, I don't see why we wouldn't keep someone who could help us out loads and has a tremendous upside and a bright future should he stay healthy, when he taking up a meaningless spot on the roster, and his salary is so low its not even counted against the cap...
    <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

You kill me man!!![] You call him "kid". He was playing with Lincoln Logs while you were still staining pampers!!! Ya know, you just make me laugh! You make a lot of good points, but there is a reason for everything, I am sure when the time is right, we will find out why he was released.

sig courtesy of PPE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123