Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni

Re: Bennett=Totally healthy, fast!!!

Yea, he's fast, that's for sure. I just hope there's not a strong gust of wind in our games or he'll go down quick, fast, and in a hurry.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

If you look at my post of the past, I've always been a MB believer...

If you are in a fantasy league, you better grab this kid....

This is HIS year and the Vikes will become history......I truly believe......

Go Vikes.......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

man, now im excited about him... i want the year to start now!!! im happy for him though, he's had teh worst luck with injuries... hopefully he can make defenses get scared to play him like he used to..

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

"VikingNed" wrote:
    If you look at my post of the past, I've always been a MB believer...

If you are in a fantasy league, you better grab this kid....

This is HIS year and the Vikes will become history......I truly believe......

Go Vikes.......
    I get him almost every year in my fantasy leagues. The problem is that I usaully give up on him at about mid-season b/c h has been injered for so long.

I really support the guy and i have his jersey. I really hope that this is the year.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Speed kills.
    I was watching NFL Network(as I usually do) and the Seahag/Vikes game was on from last year. MB was tackled first contact quite a few times by Michael Boulware. If Bennett can get in the open he is gone. But he was going to the turf like he was broke. :lol:
    Alot of people over the past couple of years have tried to compare him to Robert Smith.I am not sure if he can match Roberts Smith's production.
    I hope he can. Anything to help the Vikes win it all.
    :grin:

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

MeMo starts by week 5.

Quote this. I hope I'm wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"TheAnimal93" wrote:
    Speed kills.
    I was watching NFL Network(as I usually do) and the Seahag/Vikes game was on from last year. MB was tackled first contact quite a few times by Michael Boulware. If Bennett can get in the open he is gone. But he was going to the turf like he was broke. :lol:
    Alot of people over the past couple of years have tried to compare him to Robert Smith.I am not sure if he can match Roberts Smith's production.
    I hope he can. Anything to help the Vikes win it all.
    :grin:
    I know Bennett's weaknesses is YAC but those Boulware plays are really bad examples. On those plays the Seahawks defense recognized the run immediately and played great run defense. They stayed with their gaps, allowing Boulware to be agressive and make the play. I remember two or three plays where Boulaware absoultey stuffed Bennett, and there was nothing MB could in those situations, even Stephen Davis would have gone down on those plays.

MB is my pick for Comeback Player of the year.
    Be happy purple ones! Our RB is looking the best he has since college.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Everyone seems to enjoy busting MB on the fact that he gets tackled behind the line of scrimmage a lot (though no one specifically mentioned it in this thread yet, I'm guessing someone is going to...). Need I remind folks that the same was said about Barry Sanders (and was true...he was a feast or famine kind of back). Let me clarify, I do not think MB is the next coming of Barry, who's close to the absolute best rb of all times...just image if he would've had Emmit-overrated-Smith's offensive line?...but I digress), but I do think that there is a certain kind of running that gives you the all or nothing kind of results...

Before MB's freak accident with the treadmill, he wasn't injured at Wisconsin or in high school at all, was he? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he wasn't injury prone before the majors.

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Nobody ever questioned his speed. It's getting by a front line and how fast is he with pads on? He has to get by the front line and use his speed

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Before MB's freak accident with the treadmill, he wasn't injured at Wisconsin or in high school at all, was he? I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he wasn't injury prone before the majors."

Yankee I don't think he played a whole lot of football in high school or college. If I remember correctly, he only played 1 year in college. I may be wrong but if it is the case, there would be no way to know how injury prone he was. That really doesn't matter anyway. What counts is what he does in the pros. Look at Brian Bosworth. He wasn't injury prone then look what happened when he made it to the pros.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast