Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Bennett to Miami?

Bad idea...Bennett is poised for a big year and we need to keep him with us. I doubt the Dolphins are prepared to make us an offer worth trading him.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Bennett to Miami?

sorry accidentally hit the quote button.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

ndakvikefan is offline Starter

Bennett to Miami?

Let me get this right, alot of you want to trade Bennett and keep who? Moe a very dependable, but slow and old back, or a back with potential and 1/2 a NFL season under his belt, or a rookie who was a lower draft pick who has never seen a NFL game???????? Or trade one of them and keep a back with blazing speed, made the pro-bowl and led the NFC in rushing, and is now in the prime of career. Seems pretty simple to me, keep Bennett, trade Smith or Moore for a future 1st round draft choice, that is if there is a deal to be made at all, I would rather they just tell Miami to suck it up, the Vikings had thier headcase with Underwood, now Miami has a headcase of thier own.
    8f72d7a2bfbfd6a931c3ea8edbece812

Vikerliker76 is offline Training Camp

Bennett to Miami?

It's too late in the game to even consider a trade at this point. If it was 2 weeks, or even 1 week earlier for that matter, I think it woulda been done! How could you possibly not trade for a top notch defender (don't forget those fin CB's either,) AND a first round draft pick!! Hell, I'm from Madison, WI, watched Bennett here, was estatic when we signed him, LOVE his speed, but football sense is football sense. And no matter what was said earlier, we are NOT set on defense!!! Please do not forget last year, we were being praised for our vastly improved D until.............I know it's a different coordinator and a different line up, but hey, does someone need to remind us just HOW championships are won again????? Nuff said.
    "Everything I lack, I make up in denial."

superior230bartime is offline Pro-Bowler

Bennett to Miami?

"dart18" wrote:
    Surtain would be a dream but obviously wont happen, i say trade Bennett or Moe to them for a first and maybe some mid level player. Ogulelkjl or whatever his name is wants more than we are willing to spend reasonably. By the way i was in Marshfeild, Wisconsin this weekend the "center of wisconsin" it was ok but i got a speeding ticket, damn wisconi folk.
    What were you doing in my home town? That is where I am from originally.
    purplepride.org: Home of Disillusioned Vikings Fans World-wide

Bennett to Miami?

If any running back should be traded it is Onterrio, Bennett has already made a Pro Bowl, but Onterrio still isn't really much proven. I'd trade Onterrio if the deal was right, but seeing we wouldn't get a big time player for him most likely, I would rather see no trade.

TEXPACK is offline Pro-Bowler

Bennett to Miami?

Bennett and Chambers reunited. :cheers:
    Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will all be judged by only one thing - the result." --Vince Lombardi

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Bennett to Miami?

If I was the coach for the Vikings Moe would be the only RB I would be willing to trade and only if I got a good player for him!
    can we clone Bud Grant?

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Bennett to Miami?

Zach Thomas and a 1st rounder would be a tempting trade. Keep in mind that none of our young linebackers have started an NFL game. We need the most help at that position. Yes the Dolphin's have a couple of nice DL, but we have a nice mix of veterans and youth already at that position. Would they give up Zach Thomas and a 1st rounder for Bennett? I wouldn't..., unless I was desperate.

O. Smith can carry the running back load, and Moe's still got some gas left in him. Mewelde Moore's an intriguing 3rd down back. It's possible the offense could drop off from say 1st to 3rd, but the defense with Zach Thomas could move within the top ten.

I also have a great deal of confidence in Studwell and his draft crew. I'd love to see what they could do with two first rounders. Just my thoughts.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Bennett to Miami?

Tempting as it might be to trade Bennett I have to say no. We're coming up to a season where playing in the NFCC game is a possibility and where we, as fans, are looking for a division title and postseason as a bare minimum. Taking Bennett away from the offense would only damage that prospect - even with Smith, Williams and Moore there to fill the void.
    I'd rather we keep Bennett as the starter and then have the others there as backup in case he suffers any injury or breakdown. These days in the NFL the difference between the winners and losers is more in terms of depth than who has the best starter - and I just don't think that Miami can offer enough to make the trade beneficial to us
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast