Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

trading Bennett

I don't see them trading Bennett. Smith had some good work last year, sure, but there's no way the Vikes think he's ready to take on the load. Besides, Bennett is plenty rested from last year's layoff, and nobody (including Onterrio Smith) has the kind of speed Bennett has. I think the Vikes might consider it a few years down the road, but not now.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Bennett to Miami?

Since when is Ricky Williams retiring?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Re: Bennett to Miami?

"kramer9guy" wrote:
    Now that the rumor has surfaced that the Dolphins may be interested in a trade for Michael Bennett due to the retirement of Ricky Williams, what does the group think about this?

I know this is only speculation but...

Would he be worth trading for what what could possibly be a current player and a future No. 1 draft pick?

If this trade happened, do you think Onterrio/Moe/Mewelde could carry the load this year?

I personally think any trade would be a bad move.

According to VU, the dolfins are really scrambling right now, for a RB. They the vikes(bennett), Ravens(chester taylor), broncos(mike anderson), and FA james stewart in mind. Looking at those guys, it would look like they would really press hard for bennett. It sounds like they are willing to give up a player and a 1st round pick. Maybe that player could be ogunleye?? I say that if we could get ogunleye and a 1st, that would be a trade at least worth looking at. While I love bennett and want him to be our #1 RB, we did see last year that with him out, we can still run the ball extremely effectively with onterrio and Moe, plus we also have a very underrated mewelde moore. Ogunleye, Udeze, kevin williams, and hovan?? Man that would be an awesome d-line and would take some more pressure off of our young Lb's. Not saying I want this too happen or think it will, but it is definately worth looking into, especially with how desperate the dolfins are sounding right now.

wyviking is offline Rookie

Bennett to Miami?

i say trade him. yea bennett is good for are team with his speed since we play on turf, but we have o.smith,moe,and moore that can get the job done just fine. since the dolphins have such good players on there D we sould try to get a trade. here are some good trades that could help are D
    zach thomas and a first round pick
    jason taylor or adewale ogunleye and a first round pick
    jason taylor or ogunleye and zach thomas
    jason taylor or ogunleye and junior seau
    hell i would say even junior seau and 1st round picks for next two years would be worth looking into. but if it was up to me i would trade bennett for zach thomas and a first round pick,only we need a little help in the LB spot.
    theres no MOSS in wyoming just sagebrush

Bennett to Miami?

Ogunleye wants a huge contract. I don't think they can just trade him away to us.

It's not gonna happen, we already have everything we need on D, we are a yound talented squad that needs to develop together.

You guys will be saying otherwise when Michael Bennett breaks a long run for a TD!
    Skol!
    Go Vikings!

wyviking is offline Rookie

Bennett to Miami?

yea we have a good young d that will be a real good squad in the next few years and even this year but we could alway have one more big name d player on are team. yea we would be like good we didnt trade bennett when he is going down the field for a td, but then we'll be why didnt we trade him if he gets hurt again this year.
    theres no MOSS in wyoming just sagebrush

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Bennett to Miami?

Guys lets face it the most they would/ could ever give us is OG (who still wants a monster contract, yipee) or a 1st rounder, nothing more.

I don't want any of their linebackers especially not Seau, he is done. Zach thomas is good, but meh.

Now maybe id the gave us Patrick Surtain....

yah right.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

dart18 is offline Asst. Coach

Bennett to Miami?

Surtain would be a dream but obviously wont happen, i say trade Bennett or Moe to them for a first and maybe some mid level player. Ogulelkjl or whatever his name is wants more than we are willing to spend reasonably. By the way i was in Marshfeild, Wisconsin this weekend the "center of wisconsin" it was ok but i got a speeding ticket, damn wisconi folk.
    Sometimes I like to think there is more to life than being you know. . . really really good looking.
    -Derrick Zoolander

VIKE58 is offline Pro-Bowler

Bennett to Miami?

Please don't take this the wrong way but. What are you people NUTS :!: :!: Tradeing Bennett would be a big mistake :!: I think he has the stuff to become one of the best if not the best RB in the NFL :!: Besides I don't think they would be willing to ever give us what he is worth. I'm talking Hersal Walker type trade. I say keep him,keep him,KEEP HIM :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
    GO VIKINGS GO !!!! AND THE PACK STILL BLOWS !!!!!!

dan3ski is offline Coordinator

Bennett to Miami?

It is true Ricky Williams has decided to retire according to NFL.com. I stil do not see the Vikings trading Bennet as he is the only speed back they really have and I for one would not let him go this year unless he failed his physical.
    can we clone Bud Grant?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast