Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Bennett to Miami?

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    Weren't we a top-10 defense over teh final 4 games of last season?

We DON'T need Ogunleye to put us over the top. Darion Scott, Mixon and Udeze will be awesome. We shouldn't trade Bennett for players we don't absolutely need!

Here is the problem with the logic of how good our running game was last year without Bennett. It was all due to Moe Williams. How many of us think that Moe can keep up playing as good as he did for another 2 seasons as the feature back? Or even one? I love Moe Williams. I don't think we can have the success we had last year again this year without Bennett.

And even if we did rank in the top 5 rushing again next year without him. You're offense loses a lot not having that game breaker at running back.

Yeah, and we had a good D to start the year as well, but that all means crap. Truth is our d sucked last year and was 23rd for the whole year. Didn't the pack go on a win streak to end last year too? Yes, but we as vikes fans are quick to point out there opponents for those games. Every teams D will play good for a 3 or 4 game stretch, even the crappy KC D did last year.

And although onterrio isn't the game breaker that bennet is, he still has some of that as well. Again, I think our offense without benett is still the best in the league or close to it. Our d with ogunleye would be great, but without him I see a D that will be ranked around 15 or so, which might very well be good enough if our offense is #1 again. But with say a #5 offense and a #5 d, we would have a better shot at the super bowl, than with the #1 offense and the #15 D IMO.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Bennett to Miami?

Texpac it looks like you had a leg up on this (it pains me to say), I can only pray that it is not a trade for Ogunleye! :cry:

7/26/04 Monday Texpack wrote

GREEN BAY - The Miami Dolphins have called the Green Bay Packers to inquire about trading for backup running back Najeh Davenport, two NFL sources said Monday.

But the Dolphins, who are scrambling to find a starting halfback in the wake of Ricky Williams' stunning retirement, might have a hard time prying Davenport away. The Packers would want a high-round draft pick that would escalate even higher if Davenport reaches certain productivity levels.

In 18 games last season, Davenport, 25, rushed for 483 yards and two touchdowns on 93 carries. He also emerged as the team's No. 1 kickoff returner late in the season, averaging 31.6 yards on 16 returns.

A fourth-round draft pick out of Miami (Fla.) in 2002, Davenport grew up in the Miami area and makes his offseason home there. He will be a restricted free agent after the 2004 season.

Even though the Packers have three-time Pro Bowl halfback Ahman Green as their starter, they would be reluctant to trade Davenport because of his role in the offense and on special teams.

In 2002, when Davenport suffered a season-ending eye injury, Green wore down late in the season. But last year, with Davenport and Tony Fisher spelling him, Green rushed for a franchise-record 1,883 yards and 15 TDs during the regular season.

Packers coach and general manager Mike Sherman was not available for comment Monday, but Sherman has admitted to fielding - and turning down - trade offers for Davenport in the past, so the Dolphins' interest is hardly a surprise.

While the Packers would prefer to get a high-round draft pick for Davenport, they would also be interested in Dolphins defensive end Adewale Ogunleye, one source said. But a trade including the unsigned restricted free-agent seems unlikely, even though the Packers would love to have another accomplished pass rusher to complement Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila.

Ogunleye, who led the AFC with 15 sacks last season, wants a long-term contract worth more than the seven-year, $37.3 million contract Gbaja-Biamila received in April 2003.

Two of the Packers' NFC North Division rivals, the Chicago Bears and Minnesota Vikings, expressed interest in Ogunleye during free agency, and each team has a surplus of halfbacks.

The Bears, who signed free agent Thomas Jones to be their starter, could offer Anthony Thomas to the Dolphins, while the Vikings have Onterrio Smith, Moe Williams and rookie Mewelde Moore behind starter Michael Bennett.

But Davenport, at 6-foot-1 and 250 pounds, runs with a physical style similar to Williams (5-10, 225) and fits the Dolphins' idea of what a running back should be.

According to the Miami Herald, the Dolphins also have contacted the Oakland Raiders, who have Amos Zereoue, J.R. Redmond, Troy Hambrick, Justin Fargas and Chris Hetherington behind starter Tyrone Wheatley.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Bennett to Miami?

Hey let's stop lookin at the "what if" and give our d-line the chance they deserve. We're playin the 3-4 right then Hov.Will, and Ude might be all we need to get the job done. If not the 3-4 then the -43 we still Mix in there. If Ogun didn't come out and say that he wants to be a Viking let him stay where he is. Oh yeah Vikegirl welcome
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

Bennett to Miami?

Here is a trade possibilty that me and some friends (all viking fans) thought made since, as a viking fan I hope it does not come true.

Greenbay trades to the Fins Davenport and Mckenzie for Ogunleye and the Fins 1st round pick 2005 or 2nd round Pick 2005 and 3rd 2006.

It helps both teams, Fins get running back help and defensive help, pack get something for Mckenzie.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Bennett to Miami?

That would be stupid for the fins to do!! Davenport has never had even 100 carries in the NFL (in one season) and Mckenzie wouldn't even start. The fins would lose too much!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Bennett to Miami?

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Here is a trade possibilty that me and some friends (all viking fans) thought made since, as a viking fan I hope it does not come true.

Greenbay trades to the Fins Davenport and Mckenzie for Ogunleye and the Fins 1st round pick 2005 or 2nd round Pick 2005 and 3rd 2006.

It helps both teams, Fins get running back help and defensive help, pack get something for Mckenzie.

The dolphins are most strongest on d at CB, so they won't want Mckenzie, unless they trade madison to the pack. Also the dolphins gave up their 2nd for the AJ feely trade with the eagles, I believe. 3rd the dolphins aren't even offering Ogunleye. With ricky gone, they now have plenty of cap room to work on a contract with wale. With ricky gone, the dolphins need to absolutely keep all their d players together. they are gonna have to rely on their D more than ever this year, so don't expect ogunleye to be anywhere but miami next season.

Bennett to Miami?

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    That would be stupid for the fins to do!! Davenport has never had even 100 carries in the NFL (in one season) and Mckenzie wouldn't even start. The fins would lose too much!!
    I stand corrected, it sounded good with out checking out any of the facts, I beg your forgiveness. ops:

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Bennett to Miami?

Not a big deal!! I know he was close to 100 carries (maybe 93 or 83 or something) but still, put the load of 250-300 carries + a season and see what he does. I would be skeptical!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011