Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Re: Bennett Hurt Again!!!!!!!!!!!

Could be an excuse for Tice to replace Bennett with Moore. I hope Bennett does well and I know it is only preseason but he has been less than impressive so far. Let's see how Moore does with the first unit.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

mark is offline Asst. Coach

MM could rush for 200yds and bennett will still start and have a great season
    <!--
    sig -->

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"BBQ Platypus" wrote:
    When he gets better, I suggest making a thread entitled: "Holy Crap!!!!!!! Bennett Actually Healthy!!!!!!!!!!" :shock:
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

bennett is the starter right now, but i am questioning why....he is a shoulders forward straight speedy RB, not a juker which the team needs right now cause our Oline is lacking... a lot of people say in preseason Rb's don't do as well, but i can think of a bunch of other RB's on other teams that have been impressive or at least good.

PAvikesfan is offline Star Spokesman

"mark" wrote:
    MM could rush for 200yds and bennett will still start and have a great season
    this is definately true...but i don't know about bennett having a great year though.

Del Rio Guest

They don't use the run to move the chains. They want it to be an explosive threat at all times. Tice doesn't care Bennett gets 2 yards per carry because he knows at anytime he could take one 60+ to the house. That's all the attention they give to the run game, it's not meant to be a serious workhorse to pride yourself on, he wants it to be a scary can break loose at anytime.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Bennett-less Vikes

I don't think people are trashing Bennett because he is doing bad in the preseason. I think they're trashing him because of his injury history, how little he's done the past 2 years, the decline he seems to be on, and yet we keep hearing how he's the man and he's going to do this and that. Yet, even though it's just preseason we haven't even seen a flash of what the coaches and everyone say he's capable of and going to do.

If he had been healthy and somewhat consistent over the past two years, then people probably wouldn't care about what he's doing in the preseason. But after seeing what Moore and Smith were able to do, and how well Fason does against back-ups, people are frustrated that Bennett still hasn't shown them anything to be excited about yet.

I'm not against Bennett, but I understand where people are coming from when they prefer Moore over Bennett.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

UkViking is offline Rookie

Bennett and MeMo both bring a different style of attack so i can see them sharing game time depending on what is required for a particular game.
    Fly the colour Purple,and fly it high!

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

They don't use the run to move the chains. They want it to be an explosive threat at all times. Tice doesn't care Bennett gets 2 yards per carry because he knows at anytime he could take one 60+ to the house. That's all the attention they give to the run game, it's not meant to be a serious workhorse to pride yourself on, he wants it to be a scary can break loose at anytime.
    Yup. He's gambling that Bennett will break a couple long ones and be another big play guy on the field. He's not as concerned about 4 yds per carry because of his confidence in Daunte and the passing game. However, this could also be due to Tice's inability to actually implement a running game so they continue to focus on a passing first offense.

MeMo may be a better every down back then Bennett, more likely Fason would be better than both in this role, but none will be successfull in the Vikings offense unless they change their philosophy. If you had Daunte and 4 good receivers would you want to be a run first offense?

Del Rio Guest

My only concern is it isn't useful at critical times.

Say we are up by 10, it would be great if they just kept on attacking, but Tice (AND YOU ALL KNOW THIS) tries to manage the clock by running the ball. The problem is we have no running game, we have an all or nothing game. So you see if Tice can stick to attacking and passing great, but he wont because if the pass is incomplete the clock stops.

It's nice to have a run game, even if you don't use it. An interesting point is if you have a good run game for your defense to practice against it makes your D better against the run.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345