Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,232

    Re: Bennett-less Vikes

    "VikingsBabe" wrote:
    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    Are a better Vikes team. That goes for darren and Herschal tip-toe no lateral movement Michael Bennet. Sorry Mikey but I have never been a big fan of you. Go back to track or go be a Packer (where your badger-azz) wanted to be anyway.
    ok, so i may not be taken seriously yet at this point, but i have to defend bennett. so he had a bad game...everyone has a bad game. it's just good that it's preseason. he can learn from his mistakes! plus, enl, i'd be careful what you wish for, because Bennett going to the Pack could definitely backfire...on us.
    it's been more then 1 bad game, it's more like 32 .

    in his first season he ran for 682 yards in 13 games , 52.5 yards a game. over 16 games that's 840 yards over a season . 4.0 yards a carry . not exactly burning the barn .

    2nd season was great 1296 yards , 5.1 yards a carry , and 81 yards a game. but only 5 touchdowns. the exception for micheal bennett .

    3rd season , played half the season and rushed for a horrendous 447 yards . injury killed this season. and possibly his killer instinct .

    4th and worst year by far (2004) , 11 games , 276 yards , 25.1 yards a game . again injured , but upon returning bennett looks horrible when spelling smith and moore . never seems to hit the hole in time , to much indecision in the back field. i personally think that bennetts past injuries have gotten to his head.

    this preseason just looks like an extension of last years performance. i personally would like a short leash put on him . if he can perform great , but he better make it quick .

    http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

  2. #22
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Bennett-less Vikes

    I had taped the game, and just watched last night, and there were two things that really disturbed me. 1 - The penalties. I'm this already has another thread going, so I won't say any more here. 2 - Bennett always went down on first contact. No wait, I take that back. There was one play where the first guy to hit him didn't knock him down, he knocked the ball out. I know that there weren't any holes to run through, but Bennett never made it by the first guy to hit him with the ball. Moe did. So did Moore. Bennett couldn't. That's what worries me most about this guy. I've been in his camp all of the off season, saying he should get the chance to be the starter. Well, he's getting that chance to prove he's the starter right now, and the other guys are out playing him. If I don't see a remarkable improvement in his decisiveness and his elusiveness in the next preseason game, I think I may have to join the Start Moore camp.

  3. #23
    UTVikfan's Avatar
    UTVikfan is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    814

    Re: Bennett-less Vikes

    I wish all you people on this and the 20 other Bennett threads were the coach of another team, hopefully in our division. It is sad to see someone like Muchluv(the knowledgeable guy in the popularity poll) and the rest of you doing this preseason. In the offseason, your trading Bennett and a pick...now that its preseason he goes 8 attempts for 14 yards with a long of 6. Horrible, hang him out to dry. Could he be worse, start the guy rushing against the fourth string that will be cut on the other team.
    Please note, the rushing leader, last year, ummmmm who was in the same game, went 4 attempts for 6 yards, and a long of 3. He is sure to get beat out by C. Houston....whoever that is. Yah, Bennetts stats are slightly better than Curtis Martin's and ya'll are all over him. MY GOD! It is PRESEASON!

  4. #24
    VKG4LFE's Avatar
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Hartford, WI
    Posts
    15,991

    Re: Bennett-less Vikes

    "enlvikeman" wrote:
    Are a better Vikes team. That goes for darren and Herschal tip-toe no lateral movement Michael Bennet. Sorry Mikey but I have never been a big fan of you. Go back to track or go be a Packer (where your badger-azz) wanted to be anyway.

    I second that notion!

    I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

  5. #25
    BigEasyViking's Avatar
    BigEasyViking is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    709

    Re: Bennett-less Vikes

    I've been a big Bennett backer since he came into the league but lets face it. This guy doesn't deserve the start from what I've seen so far. Everybody is using the excuse that it's only pre-season but guess what, Preseason is what they use to come up with a depth chart. Mewelde has done everything right and bennett continues to get his -2 yards/ carry. To me Mewelde deserves this job unless Bennett steps up quickly. If he continues to do nothing while running the ball and continues to get the start then there is a serious problem here. Trust me we all hope that he will be the Bennett of old but I just don't see it. I really have no more patience for Bennett, and Mewelde looks like a much better back at this point. He can run between the tackles and can catch the ball out of the back field. This is what our offense needs.
    God Bless America, & the MINNESOTA VIKINGS!!!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,232

    Re: Bennett-less Vikes

    "UTVikfan" wrote:
    .
    Please note, the rushing leader, last year, ummmmm who was in the same game, went 4 attempts for 6 yards, and a long of 3. He is sure to get beat out by C. Houston....whoever that is. Yah, Bennetts stats are slightly better than Curtis Martin's and ya'll are all over him. MY GOD! It is PRESEASON!
    the leading rusher from last year was sitting at home smoking fat joints of pot.

    you must not have read my post , because it's not just the preseason , this is a reoccuring theme with bennett.

    he played 11 games last year for a grand total of 276 yards rushing. this preseason is just an extension of that .

    http://justlube.net/?page_id=44

  7. #27
    FuadFan's Avatar
    FuadFan is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,746

    Re: Bennett-less Vikes

    "fourdoorchevelle" wrote:
    "UTVikfan" wrote:
    .
    Please note, the rushing leader, last year, ummmmm who was in the same game, went 4 attempts for 6 yards, and a long of 3. He is sure to get beat out by C. Houston....whoever that is. Yah, Bennetts stats are slightly better than Curtis Martin's and ya'll are all over him. MY GOD! It is PRESEASON!
    the leading rusher from last year was sitting at home smoking fat joints of pot.

    you must not have read my post , because it's not just the preseason , this is a reoccuring theme with bennett.

    he played 11 games last year for a grand total of 276 yards rushing. this preseason is just an extension of that .
    He was talking about the NFL leading rusher Curtis Martin who our defense did great against and Bennett is the starter unless he gets hurt no matter what Moore does all he is right now is the starting kick/punt returner.
    Minnesota Vikings : Simply the best

  8. #28
    UTVikfan's Avatar
    UTVikfan is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    814

    Re: Bennett-less Vikes

    Fourdoor, perhaps you don't know who Curtis Martin is. Do you know who Priest Holmes is? I do hope so. He went 8 attempts for 16 yards this week. I am sure that the Chiefs have immediatly benched him, for their 3rd or 4th stringer who ran better. Oh shoot, Bennett's numbers are better than Holmes in preseason too. Like anyone cares.

  9. #29
    Del Rio Guest

    Re: Bennett-less Vikes

    "UTVikfan" wrote:
    I wish all you people on this and the 20 other Bennett threads were the coach of another team, hopefully in our division. It is sad to see someone like Muchluv(the knowledgeable guy in the popularity poll) and the rest of you doing this preseason. In the offseason, your trading Bennett and a pick...now that its preseason he goes 8 attempts for 14 yards with a long of 6. Horrible, hang him out to dry. Could he be worse, start the guy rushing against the fourth string that will be cut on the other team.
    Please note, the rushing leader, last year, ummmmm who was in the same game, went 4 attempts for 6 yards, and a long of 3. He is sure to get beat out by C. Houston....whoever that is. Yah, Bennetts stats are slightly better than Curtis Martin's and ya'll are all over him. MY GOD! It is PRESEASON!
    He did have a costly false start that hurt us and a fumble, but who's counting.

    I for one haven't written the guy off, I just think he plays for a team that doesn't care about the run game.

  10. #30
    CanadaViking is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    336

    Re: Bennett-less Vikes

    "UTVikfan" wrote:
    Fourdoor, perhaps you don't know who Curtis Martin is. Do you know who Priest Holmes is? I do hope so. He went 8 attempts for 16 yards this week. I am sure that the Chiefs have immediatly benched him, for their 3rd or 4th stringer who ran better. Oh shoot, Bennett's numbers are better than Holmes in preseason too. Like anyone cares.
    First of all putting Michael Bennet's name in the same class as C-Mart or Priest is absolutely ridiculuous!!!

    Priest and Martin both could arguably be in the Hall of fame!! Priest Holmes has had a better numbers in 1 season then bennet has had in his CAREER!! ( not exactly sure, but I would bet it is close).

    Priest and Martin have been producing consistently for years, what everyone is saying about Bennet is true, what have you done for me lately, and the answer is simple NOTHING!!

    So when you are done making ridiculuous comparisons to two of the best backs in the league then maybe we could have a discussion.

    Also why did the Titans bring in Travis Henry after the year Chris Brown had last year, Chris Brown had over 1000 yds. last season and there are no guarantees he is going to start this year, so why do we in Minnesota hand over a starting job to a guy that hasn't done a thing in 4 years!!

    I understand the sentiment of the guys on this site and it should be said that MB has not PERFORMED at all!!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Bye Bye Bennett!
    By snowinapril in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-18-2006, 04:25 AM
  2. Bennett...
    By javonwalker84 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-17-2003, 12:28 AM
  3. Bennett?
    By Webby in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-02-2003, 09:03 AM
  4. Bennett
    By pishko99 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-11-2003, 02:02 PM
  5. Bennett!
    By nzviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-31-2002, 04:13 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •