Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Bennett: 'I won't be coming back'

Another first round pick bites the dust! :sad:

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Gee, what a shame. :boohoo:

It stinks that it didn't work out for him, and for us for that matter, but I won't miss him.

SheyD11285 is offline Rookie

Hurrah! Bye Bye Bennett!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"mnjamie" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    Posted on Tue, Feb. 21, 2006

[size=18px]Bennett: 'I won't be coming back'[/size]

BY SEAN JENSEN
    Pioneer Press

Michael Bennett said Monday his tenure with the Vikings is over.

"They told my agent they're going in another direction, so I won't be coming back," Bennett said in a phone interview. "It's disappointing, because you felt you established yourself there and you wanted to be one of those guys who stayed with a team throughout his whole career. But it didn't work out for me."

Bennett's agent, Pat Dye Jr., did not return calls left at his office.
    With the expected departure of Bennett, the Vikings have just three running backs under contract: Mewelde Moore, Ciatrick Fason and Adimchinobe Echemandu. Onterrio Smith is fulfilling a suspension and could be reinstated before training camp. Veteran Moe Williams is an unrestricted free agent.

With a glut of elite running backs potentially available in free agency this offseason and several solid prospects in the NFL draft, the Vikings are expected to address their need aggressively at the position.

The conclusion seems fitting for Bennett, though, given his 2005 season with the Vikings. Entering training camp, coach Mike Tice projected Bennett to have a monstrous season as the full-time starter. But Bennett suffered an injury before the season, and he played sparingly at the start of the season. He didn't get his first meaningful start until Nov. 6, when he ran the ball 18 times for 106 yards.

"You get promised all this stuff all offseason, then you work hard, but it seemed like it was all for nothing," Bennett said. "But I'm just going to continue to work hard."

Bennett isn't bitter, leaving the Vikings as their eighth-leading rusher all time with 3,174 yards in five seasons.

"Once I move on, I will always know where my roots are and where everything started," said Bennett, who plans to keep his home in the Twin Cities.

Bennett said he has been working out diligently, "just in case I need to go audition somewhere."

His preferences are Green Bay, which is closer to his hometown of Milwaukee, and Arizona, which is coached by Dennis Green, who drafted Bennett for the Vikings.

"I don't know where I could end up; anywhere, really," Bennett said. "But those would be two great places.

"I want to earn a job and take it from there."

Sean Jensen can be reached at [email protected]

Bennett: I won't be coming back

After I see this one singer, I have a prediction. We will not draft a rb in rounds #1 or #2 and we sign E.James. There it is, lets wait for it to come true.
    I agree. With this coming to fruitation, I feel it forces the Vikings hand to sign an established RB.

There's no word out on Onterrio yet & Memo still has injury issues every year, so I believe they'll sign somebody.

I'm not saying it'll be Edge, but he does provide more bang for the buck over Sean.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

I really liked Bennett as a person, he always impressed me with his interviews and seems like a good guy with a good head on his shoulders. Unfortunately, I havent had a Vikings player fursturate me as much as he did in a very long time. I wish him the best but am happy to see him go.

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "mnjamie" wrote:
    After I see this one singer, I have a prediction. We will not draft a rb in rounds #1 or #2 and we sign E.James. There it is, lets wait for it to come true.
    I agree. With this coming to fruitation, I feel it forces the Vikings hand to sign an established RB.

There's no word out on Onterrio yet & Memo still has injury issues every year, so I believe they'll sign somebody.

I'm not saying it'll be Edge, but he does provide more bang for the buck over Sean.
    IMO(gut feeling):
    S.A. is going to be a Seahawk next year. They will meet somewhere in the middle, maybe a little closer to S.A's desired $, and he will finish his career in Sea.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

It's simple...Bennett has NO VISION...so he will NEVER be an elite NFL RB...sad but true...time for us to move on and get a back with the vision to find the holes and get the four or five YPC that our offense needs from its ground game...if we want big plays, we need to get them via the passing game...and that will be set up by the every down RB that can get us the four or five YPC each time he touches the ball!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Word Cajun. Agree 100%

BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni

Good. I was hoping he wouldn't. His tendency to get injured made him a liability even in an offense that suited him, and this offense does not suit him without Randy Moss in it to keep eight men out of the box.

"This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, we cant lose bennet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yah right..

farewelll michael, you aint gotta go home, BUT U GOTTA GET THE HELL UP OUT OF MINNESOTA PEACEEEEEEEEEE

* i say green bay signs him, and we shoot his leg, and let him fall off a treadmill again* wat a joke, i still dont believe that happened to him

SharperImage42

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast