Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    burger13 is offline Waterboy

Bennett & Ferotte to Dolphins

"pavement" wrote:
    miami gave up a 2nd rounder for a.j. feeley...'nough said
    That was the old regime............besides, we don't need to start talking about FO incompetance do we?? Maybe the best player in football for the 7th pick and N.Harris??

And btw, how much time does a team get to make their draft selection?? :wink:

burger13 is offline Waterboy

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    How old is Surtain?
    He's 29......I think he's 30 at the start of the season. Not the youngest player, but has made the last three Pro Bowls, so he's in his prime and perfect for a team that could contend next year. Even w/ the Moss trade, the Vikings have enough talent to do that.....especially in the NFC.

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

I am pretty Garcia is going to Detroit...but no matter what he wants to go somewhere and start. Couch would probably be a good fit, but I think we need someone senior to Pepp.....someone to help guide him and work with him still

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

"burger13" wrote:
    A Dolphin fan's perspective;

The Ferotte thing is irrelevent as far as a trade goes.....he's a FA and will sign with Miami shortly after march 2nd IMO. Sign and trades don't happen in the NFL due to salary cap ramifications.

As for Bennett, he's too prone to injury to carry a real high trade value. I would be upset if we were to send Surtain for Bennett straight up. Popular opinion is that Surtain should get us at least a 2nd round pick. I wouldn't give Bennett a second round value......maybe a 4th round value.

One trade that could work for both teams would be Surtain for Bennett and your 3rd and maybe a late pick this year or next.

However, even though this trade could present fair value IMO, I still wouldn't like it if it meant the they were counting on Bennett being their starter because I just don't trust that he can stay healthy.

Thoughts?

I heard miami said no to our offer of bennett and our #18 for surtain. I think that is a very even deal. We get rid of a RB we absolutely don't need and the 18th pick for a pro bowl CB. Think about it, we might end up picking a CB at 18 anyways and you know that Tice doesn't want a young CB, so this would make sense that he tries to get a good vet CB.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345