Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Bennett & Ferotte to Dolphins

I personally would rather see Fiedler than Couch, or spend bigger money on somebody else. Hopefully we can find someone for the veteran minimum and they just hold the clipboard and send in plays!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    NO COUCH!! That guy is horrible!! If he came to the vikes I would never hear the end of it after all the ribbing I gave packer fans for having him on their team for just the preseason!!
    I second that! I am in Cleveland and that guy is a lightning rod for misfortune!

RUSSELL27 is offline Rookie

I would like to get Testeverde as our QB, it's always good to have a veteran backup, but that's only if he's willing to take a low salary. I'd like to hope that we will only need to use our backups if we secure a playoff spot....

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:
    First off as far as QBs, in free agency you don't have much. You have Kelly Holcomb, Mike McMahon, Josh Tears of McCown, Jeff Blake to name a few. Of course you have Vinny, Fiedler and Carter. There are others but they are too horrible to think about. To be honest I think we should just take our chances with Shaun Hill and not spend any money. Holcomb is the only guy I would want to consider, and I'm not even sure about him. This is all assuming somebody is interested in Frerotte.

As for this trade it would be great to get a proven, Pro Bowl veteran like Surtain. I also wouldn't mind seeing Sammy Knight in a Vikings jersey. But I think secondary is all the Dolphins would be willing to trade from their defense. They are rebuilding and can't afford to give away their best playmakers like Thomas and Taylor.
    Holcomb with either re-sign w/ the Browns or with a team that wants him as their starter. McCown's got a lot of potential, and Blake would be a solid veteran. His career reminds me of Frerotte's actually. I've got a gut feeling we're going to get Fiedler, though. Don't know why, though.
    True, Holcomb does prefer to stay in Cleveland. So it would probably take more money than we'd like to spend to bring him here. Shaun Hill works for me. I do not want us to sign Fiedler.
    The only thing is that I'd rather see a vet on the sideline that can offer advice and backup to Pep, particularly when it comes to postseason. As good as Hill may be he doesn't cut it for me in that respect. I'd keep him as a #3 but not as main backup
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:
    "JDogg926" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:
    First off as far as QBs, in free agency you don't have much. You have Kelly Holcomb, Mike McMahon, Josh Tears of McCown, Jeff Blake to name a few. Of course you have Vinny, Fiedler and Carter. There are others but they are too horrible to think about. To be honest I think we should just take our chances with Shaun Hill and not spend any money. Holcomb is the only guy I would want to consider, and I'm not even sure about him. This is all assuming somebody is interested in Frerotte.

As for this trade it would be great to get a proven, Pro Bowl veteran like Surtain. I also wouldn't mind seeing Sammy Knight in a Vikings jersey. But I think secondary is all the Dolphins would be willing to trade from their defense. They are rebuilding and can't afford to give away their best playmakers like Thomas and Taylor.
    Holcomb with either re-sign w/ the Browns or with a team that wants him as their starter. McCown's got a lot of potential, and Blake would be a solid veteran. His career reminds me of Frerotte's actually. I've got a gut feeling we're going to get Fiedler, though. Don't know why, though.
    True, Holcomb does prefer to stay in Cleveland. So it would probably take more money than we'd like to spend to bring him here. Shaun Hill works for me. I do not want us to sign Fiedler.
    The only thing is that I'd rather see a vet on the sideline that can offer advice and backup to Pep, particularly when it comes to postseason. As good as Hill may be he doesn't cut it for me in that respect. I'd keep him as a #3 but not as main backup
    That is a good point, after all that is why Frerotte was brought on board...to help Daunte. But I think Daunte is at the point now where he doesn't need the coaching he did a couple years ago. And I would agree we need a QB that is more of a veteran than Hill, unless it's going to cost us an unreasonable amount of money. I am assuming that most of those free agents will want to be starters, but if we can find one willing to sit it out for less money, I am all for it.

I am a little concerned about Daunte, if only because he has to go through some major changes this year, losing Linehan and Moss. But he has shown us all what he can do and in the end I'm sure we'll be fine. He will still be one of the best if not the best in the NFC.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

Vinny is 95 years old.

DemonicViking is offline Ring of Fame

Tim Couch? I think I'd be ready to fall off mine if he hopped aboard.. [-( =; [-X [-o<

JTSnow is offline Pro-Bowler

I would rather trade bennett to the raiders for woodson.
    [img:4c22618921]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v470/vikingstw/Untitled-1.jpg[/img:4c22618921].

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

It will be bennett and our #18 for surtain if there is a deal with miami. Gus is a FA march 2nd, so they can just sign him if they want.

I did here that we offered bennett and the 18th for surtain and miami said no, so we might be done with them.

I really think we should find some team to package bennet and our 18th pick, maybe for a good safety, or at least a good D player.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

"jackyl" wrote:
    Vinny is 95 years old.
    damm, jackyl
    vinny aged 5 years in one day!!! :lol:

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast