Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

Bennett & Ferotte to Dolphins

I'm just throwing names out there, Aglo.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Anglo, sorry.

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"JDogg926" wrote:
    Anglo, sorry.
    No probs, I think Couch or Garcia are two names worth considering and would relish being involved in a Minny offensive scheme
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

First off as far as QBs, in free agency you don't have much. You have Kelly Holcomb, Jeff Garcia, Mike McMahon, Josh Tears of McCown, Jeff Blake to name a few. Of course you have Vinny, Fiedler and Carter. There are others but they are too horrible to think about. To be honest I think we should just take our chances with Shaun Hill and not spend any money. Holcomb is the only guy I would want to consider, and I'm not even sure about him. This is all assuming somebody is interested in Frerotte.

As for this trade it would be great to get a proven, Pro Bowl veteran like Surtain. I also wouldn't mind seeing Sammy Knight in a Vikings jersey. But I think secondary is all the Dolphins would be willing to trade from their defense. They are rebuilding and can't afford to give away their best playmakers like Thomas and Taylor.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

NO COUCH!! That guy is horrible!! If he came to the vikes I would never hear the end of it after all the ribbing I gave packer fans for having him on their team for just the preseason!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

I think Couch is more of a possibility, as I see Garcia getting a shot at a starting job somewhere, probably Detroit.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

I don't want to see Couch anywhere near the vikes! Just my preference though!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    First off as far as QBs, in free agency you don't have much. You have Kelly Holcomb, Mike McMahon, Josh Tears of McCown, Jeff Blake to name a few. Of course you have Vinny, Fiedler and Carter. There are others but they are too horrible to think about. To be honest I think we should just take our chances with Shaun Hill and not spend any money. Holcomb is the only guy I would want to consider, and I'm not even sure about him. This is all assuming somebody is interested in Frerotte.

As for this trade it would be great to get a proven, Pro Bowl veteran like Surtain. I also wouldn't mind seeing Sammy Knight in a Vikings jersey. But I think secondary is all the Dolphins would be willing to trade from their defense. They are rebuilding and can't afford to give away their best playmakers like Thomas and Taylor.
    Holcomb with either re-sign w/ the Browns or with a team that wants him as their starter. McCown's got a lot of potential, and Blake would be a solid veteran. His career reminds me of Frerotte's actually. I've got a gut feeling we're going to get Fiedler, though. Don't know why, though.

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    I don't want to see Couch anywhere near the vikes! Just my preference though!
    Couch has talent, he just doesn't know how to use it. I agree with you, I don't think we should go after Couch, but I don't think he'd make a terrible backup either.

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

"JDogg926" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:
    First off as far as QBs, in free agency you don't have much. You have Kelly Holcomb, Mike McMahon, Josh Tears of McCown, Jeff Blake to name a few. Of course you have Vinny, Fiedler and Carter. There are others but they are too horrible to think about. To be honest I think we should just take our chances with Shaun Hill and not spend any money. Holcomb is the only guy I would want to consider, and I'm not even sure about him. This is all assuming somebody is interested in Frerotte.

Holcomb with either re-sign w/ the Browns or with a team that wants him as their starter. McCown's got a lot of potential, and Blake would be a solid veteran. His career reminds me of Frerotte's actually. I've got a gut feeling we're going to get Fiedler, though. Don't know why, though.
    True, Holcomb does prefer to stay in Cleveland. So it would probably take more money than we'd like to spend to bring him here. Shaun Hill works for me. I do not want us to sign Fiedler.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast