Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Bennett & Ferotte to Dolphins

One of my mailing lists has reported rumors of a trade with Bennett & Ferotte going to Miami for a rd round pick and possible player- supposedly this was broadcast on ESPN radio today.
    Anyone heard this broadcast or any backing to this rumour at all ?
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

I've heard rumors through the grape vine a bit. Gus would have to be sign and trade though. I'd heard about them interested in him FA, and want to trade for Bennett and another player.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

It would suck to lose Frerotte because back up QBs are hard to come by, but if we could get their first rounder for the two of them that would be awesome!!! I don't think they would go for that but hey, you never know!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Blog Entries

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    It would suck to lose Frerotte because back up QBs are hard to come by, but if we could get their first rounder for the two of them that would be awesome!!! I don't think they would go for that but hey, you never know!!
    Some of the Dolphins sites seem to think Surtain could be the one on the block due to cap issues in Miami.

Would be hard to see Ferotte go but he's earnt his chance to get a starting job again - hey maybe we can get Brad Johnson back as backup to Pep

I guess we could trade them for Surtain and maybe a thrid/fourth round pick!! I don't really like Brad Johnson though as a back up, he just looks to antsy in the pocket, but I guess he did win a SB!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

Blog Entries

Just kidding about Brad but we do need a veteran backup just in case, now who is out there ?
    All I can think of possibles is Garcia, Fiedler -is Gannon signed with anyone ?

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I think I kind of like that deal, as long as we get Surtain.

We've got the RB's in Smith, Williams, and Moore, so we can afford to lose Bennett.

It would suck to lose Frerotte, but there's a lot of QB's available this year. I wouldn't be opposed to picking up Brad Johnson. I thought he was on his way to becoming a great player when he was with us before. There's also a good chance the Queerboys cut Testaverde. Garcia, Fiedler and Couch are still available. What about Shaun King? I think he'd be a half-decent backup. I think Quincy Carter's deal with the Jets was only one year, if that's true he'll be a free agent. We don't need a superstar, just someone that can step up for a few games if Daunte goes down. There seems to plenty of QB's available to have a good backup.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

I think I would take Fiedler back (I don't know why though). I heard that Garcia is going to Detroit, but I don't know if that was just speculation.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

I don't know if Gannon is signed, but I think he wants out of Oakland.

Hey, why doesn't Oakland just include him and Woodson for Bennett and our 6th rd pick.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Blog Entries

"JDogg926" wrote:
    I think I kind of like that deal, as long as we get Surtain.

We've got the RB's in Smith, Williams, and Moore, so we can afford to lose Bennett.

It would suck to lose Frerotte, but there's a lot of QB's available this year. I wouldn't be opposed to picking up Brad Johnson. I thought he was on his way to becoming a great player when he was with us before. There's also a good chance the Queerboys cut Testaverde. Garcia, Fiedler and Couch are still available. What about Shaun King? I think he'd be a half-decent backup. I think Quincy Carter's deal with the Jets was only one year, if that's true he'll be a free agent. We don't need a superstar, just someone that can step up for a few games if Daunte goes down. There seems to plenty of QB's available to have a good backup.
    Carter has too much potential baggage and have enough with Smith being one puff away from a longer suspension... must be someone better than him available

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast