Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Bennett Bitter about lack of play

Just read in the pioneer press today that Bennett is pretty mad about his starting job being in jeopardy. The truth is though, that Moore has done much better so far this year than Bennett ever has for us. I don't know about you guys, but I say keep Moore in.

Here's the article.

http://www.twincities.com/mld/twincities/sports/10014706.htm?1c
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

This was expected...I say start MM, have Bennett in there on selected plays and see how it goes and take it from there. Someones not going to be happy, but thats the name of the game I guess.

Sig Created by MinnesotaFury

Del Rio Guest

Some of you guys called it early on this year and said that we should trade Bennett. I have to agree now, I forsee this becoming a problem between all the backs. Bennett especially. A good competition for starting time is healthy between a few people but the situation we are in could get hairy.

We could potentially get some goods for Bennett. Not now obviously with the trade deadline, but in the future I think we need to eliminate this situation.

cheesefree is offline Starter

So what if Bennett is the fastest RB in the NFL, big deal. He's also very injury prone and has only had one 1000+ yard season. The Vikings probably would have traded him before the deadline if they could have gotten anything in return.
    [b:6191debc1d]it ain t easy being cheesy[/b:6191debc1d]
    [img:6191debc1d]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid137/p834fa46b07efd9e3efdcb7cb577f214e/f73f7170.jpg[/img:6191debc1d]

UTVikfan is offline Coordinator

MM has had ZERO 1,000 yard seasons. Robert Smith was "injury prone". MM is great, love the guy, and if you haven't voted for him for "Rookie of the week" on NFL.com, do so. Just imo, yes, Bennett needs to earn his way back. But I bet he does in around 3 games. Trading him? Not wise. Get rid of Onterrio? Possibly. Bennett plain flat scares me returning kickoffs. He should make Kelly Campbell look like he was standing still, and that is something. Kinda like back to the Missile days.

Del Rio Guest

UT I used to agree that trading bennett would be unwise, but I recant those statements in light of the rapid growth of the young ones and the insane ammount of injuries off the field and in practice MB has had. I think teams may salivate at his potential when he is healthy and we could get something decent out of him. I think Mo Will knows his role but Bennett if sat for too long has potential to become a distraction. And the record with him healthy as oppossed to him healthy is amazing in that is shows we do way better without him then we do with him.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I think that we should keep both the "MB"Z and the B"MM"W in the garage, and get rid of the "Ontarrio"-mobile (the engine is smoking anyway). Also keep the good old Moe-wagon around for when you want to take a spin in something cheap but reliable. Ultimately, the team is what is most important, so each player needs to stick to his role...ideally MB earns his starting role back and MM is the third down back, with Ontarrio as the primary backup and change of pace back. Moe is very valuable on special teams and is a good spot starter in case of injuries and for short yardage.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Del Rio Guest

I just don't see MB as being willing to share snaps that's my reasoning.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

IMO Bennett is a great runner, but not a great running back. MM and O are the 2 guys that the Vikes need to keep. And O needs to keep off the SOD in order to be an effective part of the equation.

Big C is offline Coordinator

I don't blame Bennet for being dissapointed. No one should. He had a very good pre-season and was primed for the season and then got injured. He's been looking forward to return to prove himself but doesn't get a chance. Which is fine cos MM is doing a hell of a job. I just feel bad for the guy.

Raonall Smith was injured for two years straight and is now stepping up when healthy. I don't see why some of us don't want to give Bennet that chance...
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast