Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bennett

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Bennett

Thank you sir. I aim to please. You guys clear of Ivan yet down there?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Bennett

"vikingstw" wrote:
    No No No No, do you see what is happening right know, Bennett is hurt Onterrio is feeling in, when Bennett is back Onterrio will go on his 4 game suspension, YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TO MANY GOOD BACKS. Keep both of them while we can this is a feature that most teams would love to have, Bennett has not been dependable so far in his career, we need both of them, if ontterio goes down and we didnt have bennett that would suck of course we got moe but he is aging. Mewelde is good but still very young, i dont really want to have to depend on him right now. I say just keep both of them till there contracts are up, for this year and next year we have that comfort level of knowing we have a more than capable backup and i dont know about you guys but i sure in the hell like that feeling. Whats the most we would get out of bennett draft pick wise anyway. Just keep them till there cotracts are up, then decide who we want, by that time Mewelde will be just fine as a back up, hell who knows Ned may still be around.

Their contracts are both up after next season, why would mewelde moore not be ready to be a backup next season(onterrio was), when we trade either bennett or onterrio? Why have 3 starting quality RB's on our team next year, and then loose one really good one to FA and get nothing in return? I mean we used a 4th on onterrio, I bet we could get a 2nd for him before next years draft and possibly a 1st, if he plays well this year and a team really needs a good RB. Bennett could also possibly get a 2nd or 1st for us as well, if he stays healthy and returns to his explosive self. That is good bussiness to get rid of one of them, and get draft picks in return, when you know that one of them is gonna leave after next season, to start somewhere else, no? I bet anything that this is the reason why we drafted mewelde moore in this years draft, knowing we would have to trade bennett or onterrio after this season. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me, to have 4 good RB's on our team, when we could trade one for a good draft pick, knowing he was gonna leave in a year anyways. We could also do the same thing that we have done in the last 2 drafts, draft a RB in the later rounds, to be our #4 RB, behind bennett or onterrio, moe, and mewelde moore.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Bennett

"snowinapril" wrote:
    I think the management and coaches are high on MO MOORE. They will play it by ear and they may think that MO MOORE will be the guy if not they will try to keep one of the back we have now, Bennett or Smith.

Once again, I love Bennett. But will he get anything on the open market. He is like R Smith in his running ability and his ability to get injured. So far he hasn't been totally like RS in the injuries but he is getting close. Now for the question.

Would RS commanded much on the FA market if he wouldn't have retired? Would you give up draft picks for a guy that has been hurt that often? That may be the same scenario Bennett is in a few years. So do you let him do his job this year and put him on the block.

I love Bennett but I would get what I could for him at the end of the season, assuming he finishes and that he does well.

Well, miami was offering a 2nd and a player for bennett this offseason, but Tice wanted a 1st and a player, so you never know what teams will do when desperate for a RB. I would think bennett would be worth more than lamar gordon in a trade, injury prone or not.

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Bennett

Lamar is doing crap. They got the raw end on that one.
    Knowing what the Dolphins know now, they would have probably given us that #1 pick and player.

Bennett isn't the kind of back for the Dolphins though. They would punnish Bennett into an early retirement.

CajunVike we are finally getting the rain from Ivan. It all went north of Houston yesterday and now it came back down our way today. Probably got 3-4 inches of rain this am.

pudgesoprano is offline Asst. Coach

Bennett

yeah but all the scouts say nobody could run behide the dolphins line that way ricky avg 3 yards per a carry last year and did not really get anybody besides carey who people said was a reach
    Here s the most important thing: You can NEVER lose your sense of humor. Without that, you ve got NOTHING. (Divinci) James Belushi

LosAngelis is offline Team Alumni

Bennett

So, let me know...iS HE PLAYING TOMORROW?

I'm trying to keep him stowed on my IR spot, and I keep hearing different stories.
    Have you ever seen a race of turtles, and they all go the wrong way instead of towards the finish line?

Welcome to the NFC North.

Bennett

The DOLL-phins abuse there RBs, no passing game, our former third stringer is there starter or was anyway. They also depend on the ballcontrol by using the RB.

No wonder why Ricky retired, I bet it had nothing to do with DOPE. HAH!

Ricky was that kind of back though but Bennett is a track guy. More durable than Smith but still on the frail side.

Bennett

NO BENNETT according to CBS-Sportsline

Michael Bennett, RB MIN

News: The Minnesota Vikings have ruled out Michael Bennett for Week 3, but a new exam on his injured knee showed he should return after the team's bye week. "You're talking about a running back that's saying he's feeling great, but there's still a little laxity and you just want to make sure everything is perfect," coach Mike Tice said. "I think it's smart to give him two more weeks to get his legs underneath him."

Analysis: Onterrio Smith and Moe Williams will share carries against the Chicago Bears.

Bennett

"pudgesoprano" wrote:
    yeah but all the scouts say nobody could run behide the dolphins line that way ricky avg 3 yards per a carry last year and did not really get anybody besides carey who people said was a reach

Yeah you are right, they really don't have a line, this year is probably not a good indication of Gordons true ability.

:salute:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234