Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bennett

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Bennett

I love Bennett, I like him because he reminds me of R.Smith. I love the style. But I don't have a problem with him being traded if we can get the young guy off the dope. That is crap. O.Smith, you are an athlete, stay off the dope and play football. If we don't have someone like smith to replace Bennett, I don't want Bennett traded. O.Smith looks more durable than Bennett.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Bennett

Just as long as Smith doesn't have a Ricky poster on his wall, I think that the Vikes will be able to convince him that his career is more important. The Vikes will lose one of them to FA or trade at some point. All we can do is see which one best suits the Vikings O and start whoever is best. I think that Bennett is more durable than some think. His injuries were kinda freakish, and remember that R. Smith was injured alot early in his career. But Rob built himself into a mass of muscle without losing any of his speed and became the great RB that he was (even if only for a very short time).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Bennett

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    first of all, you would be nuts to trade bennett who is a home-run threat to take it all the way whenever he gets the ball. And as for Onterio, His weed smokin' ass got us in a predicament and if it were'nt for the NFL not addressing his case (which I by the way think they should have ruled on by now) We would be up shi'ts creek! Plus Onterio is a good back but I'm not sold he is a full-time starter. Did you see the Philly game? He has good vision and is elusive and strong but he doesn't hit the whole fast and at full speed like he needs to to be and elite back. He's just not fast enough. So NO we shouldn't trade Bennett. Plus what are you going to get for a guy that has been hurt the past couple years......??? Not a first round pick or anything what he's worth.

Bennett won't play against Chicago.
    I strongly strongly disagree with what you said about onterrio hitting the whole. That guy hits the whole with massive exeleration, the problem was in the Iggles game they didnt run that much because the lack of wholes to run through. He follows his blocks like a 6 year vet give him bennetts speed and somebitch you would have the best RB in the league. I think we should just keep both of them till there contracts are up then decide what to do. For right now we have to great young backs lets keep them. I think onterrios off the field problems are coming to an end he knows better than that, and what i have seen from him i really like his personality he seems like a cool dude. Just gotta keep his head straight, he'll be fine.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Bennett

"vikingstw" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    first of all, you would be nuts to trade bennett who is a home-run threat to take it all the way whenever he gets the ball. And as for Onterio, His weed smokin' ass got us in a predicament and if it were'nt for the NFL not addressing his case (which I by the way think they should have ruled on by now) We would be up shi'ts creek! Plus Onterio is a good back but I'm not sold he is a full-time starter. Did you see the Philly game? He has good vision and is elusive and strong but he doesn't hit the whole fast and at full speed like he needs to to be and elite back. He's just not fast enough. So NO we shouldn't trade Bennett. Plus what are you going to get for a guy that has been hurt the past couple years......??? Not a first round pick or anything what he's worth.

Bennett won't play against Chicago.

I strongly strongly disagree with what you said about onterrio hitting the whole. That guy hits the whole with massive exeleration, the problem was in the Iggles game they didnt run that much because the lack of wholes to run through. He follows his blocks like a 6 year vet give him bennetts speed and somebitch you would have the best RB in the league. I think we should just keep both of them till there contracts are up then decide what to do. For right now we have to great young backs lets keep them. I think onterrios off the field problems are coming to an end he knows better than that, and what i have seen from him i really like his personality he seems like a cool dude. Just gotta keep his head straight, he'll be fine.

Keep them both until their contracts are up???? Then get nothing in return for the one that leaves??? We are gonna have to decide which one to keep next offseason and get what we can for the other guy in a trade, that is good business. We can't just let one of them leave and get nothing in return, they are both too good for that. Also remember we have another very good young RB, in mewelde moore, that will make it much easier to trade one of them. But, we will have to get rid of one of them this offseason, for a 1st or possibly a 2nd, it would be stupid to let one of them go and get nothing in return.

Also, it is easy to say we won't get a 1st or 2nd for bennett now, that he has been out and injured for the first few weeks, but that could easily change when he comes back and preforms at the high level we expect him to.

Hey, I would love to have both RB's on this team forever, but the reality is, we are gonna have to pick one guy to be our guy and the other will want to start somewhere else. So seeing that, we will need to trade one of them, so we don't loose him for nothing.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Bennett

No No No No, do you see what is happening right know, Bennett is hurt Onterrio is feeling in, when Bennett is back Onterrio will go on his 4 game suspension, YOU CAN NEVER HAVE TO MANY GOOD BACKS. Keep both of them while we can this is a feature that most teams would love to have, Bennett has not been dependable so far in his career, we need both of them, if ontterio goes down and we didnt have bennett that would suck of course we got moe but he is aging. Mewelde is good but still very young, i dont really want to have to depend on him right now. I say just keep both of them till there contracts are up, for this year and next year we have that comfort level of knowing we have a more than capable backup and i dont know about you guys but i sure in the hell like that feeling. Whats the most we would get out of bennett draft pick wise anyway. Just keep them till there cotracts are up, then decide who we want, by that time Mewelde will be just fine as a back up, hell who knows Ned may still be around.

Bennett

I think the management and coaches are high on MO MOORE. They will play it by ear and they may think that MO MOORE will be the guy if not they will try to keep one of the back we have now, Bennett or Smith.

Once again, I love Bennett. But will he get anything on the open market. He is like R Smith in his running ability and his ability to get injured. So far he hasn't been totally like RS in the injuries but he is getting close. Now for the question.

Would RS commanded much on the FA market if he wouldn't have retired? Would you give up draft picks for a guy that has been hurt that often? That may be the same scenario Bennett is in a few years. So do you let him do his job this year and put him on the block.

I love Bennett but I would get what I could for him at the end of the season, assuming he finishes and that he does well.

Bennett

The other thing that I didn't consider is could two great backs co-exist in the same backfield knowing they are on the same level. Could we keep them both?

I think not. All players (maybe not all, special teamers know their role) want the chance to prove themselves as the best. Smith has tasted the spotlight and there is no turning back. If Smith doesn't get that chance, he will want to leave.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Bennett

Both Moore and Onterrio were fourth round draft choices, proof that you can find great picks deep into the draft. The Vikes obviously need to maximize their return on all of their players, either via trade for other players at positions of need or by maximizing their output in relation to their contracts. As in any business, value is more important than anything else. The Vikes cannot afford to overpay for any of their talent, so they will have to evaluate which one of the two give them the most for their money (including intangibles). Only when the long term value is determined will they be able to move one of them. Of course, finding another team that is desperately in need of what you have in abundance is the best situation, as they will always overpay (usually in terms of draft choices or current players). The Vikes are in a good position right now because they aren't desperate to fill any position on the team with a stopgap free agent type player. And with the salary cap situation in their favor, they can be very picky as to whom they want should they decide to resign any of their FAs in the next couple of years. I like the makeup of this team for the next several years, young and talented with the potential to be in the same situation as the Pats have been for the last few years. Mix in a few more role players and stay away from the big ticket, low relative value FAs that pop up every year and we may be looking at one or two championships in the very near future.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Bennett

Good comments CajunVike.

Yes, one can't just say trade so and so.

There are too many factors.

I would love to keep Bennett as someone earlier referred to him a our Home Run Hitter.

Smith has a couple of HR under his belt too.

It's all Good

Bennett

By the way the latest for this week end is that Bennett will not play. Not a down. That is what I heard on Friday.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast