Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

Bennet Gonna Be Traded?

kidding ya sd, but yes, i do agree trading michael bennet would be very bad ... bennet has breakaway ability everytime he gets his hands on the ball and can consistently get you 5 yards a carry now that he has matured a few years

anyone remember that one stretch he had in which he had 3 consecutive games with 60 yd + runs? ... and he even broke an 80 yarder against tampa, the eventual super bowl champs

sdvikefan is offline Hall of Famer

Bennet Gonna Be Traded?

"pepper 0n moss" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:
    I agree, trading Michael Bennett would be one of the worst moves in Viking history.
    herschel walker ring a bell??

:?
    lol...yeah that would have to be first on the list of worst moves in viking history!

well if this board is any indication i think there would be plenty of outrage of the vikings ever did try to trade bennett. seems everyone pretty much agrees he shouldn't go anywhere else. i do remember that tampa bay game because we were watching the game at our favorite bar and when he broke away for that run, everybody was asking "damn who is that guy?" and so i explained he is the vikings new starting rb who ran the 40 in 4.25 or whatever it was.
    "Meet at the quarterback!" -Purple People Eaters

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Bennet Gonna Be Traded?

No trade imo unless they can get someone like ray lewis for example which will never happen. So i dont see no trade happening anytime soon. Like stated above, you can never have too many good rb's.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

RandyMoss8404 is offline Hall of Famer

Bennet Gonna Be Traded?

"sdvikefan" wrote:
    "pepper 0n moss" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:
    I agree, trading Michael Bennett would be one of the worst moves in Viking history.

lol...yeah that would have to be first on the list of worst moves in viking history!

well if this board is any indication i think there would be plenty of outrage of the vikings ever did try to trade bennett. seems everyone pretty much agrees he shouldn't go anywhere else. i do remember that tampa bay game because we were watching the game at our favorite bar and when he broke away for that run, everybody was asking "damn who is that guy?" and so i explained he is the vikings new starting rb who ran the 40 in 4.25 or whatever it was.
    Michael Bennett -never- ran a 4.25, he's a 4.3-4.4 guy. Mandy Ross ran a 4.25

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWgAayphx7Y
    "He s done it! Portugal is through!"

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Bennet Gonna Be Traded?

Don't trade either.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

Vikerliker76 is offline Training Camp

Bennet Gonna Be Traded?

I'm sorry, but Michael Bennett is the fastest person on our roster, hands down! Randy is very fast, but Bennett has world class sprinter speed. No trades will happen THIS year. BTW, can we sign another LB PLEASE!!! :argue:
    "Everything I lack, I make up in denial."

Bennet Gonna Be Traded?

glad to see so many people are backing bennett. as far as linebackers. if trotters still there in 2 weeks, i think you'll see the vikes make him an offer
    "ted nugent called. he wants his shirt back."-george clooney, ocean s eleven

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Bennet Gonna Be Traded?

"ArizonaVike" wrote:
    News: The St. Paul Pioneer Press reports the team might be interested in trading Michael Bennett if Onterrio Smith continues to improve.

if you ask me....its a good move...Onterrio has power and speed and shows be more than bennett has the whole time hes been with us....if we can get something good....maybe a DE or LB thats good...then i saw yah DO IT!
    Hey 'zona think about this just to change your mind: Perhaps one of THE very backs in the league Barry Sanders LOST more yards than he gained. So who knows what's to come for MB. Does anyone smell a pro-bowl for him? :rr:
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

vegasvike is offline Hall of Famer

Bennet Gonna Be Traded?

"RandyMoss8404" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:
    "pepper 0n moss" wrote:
    "sdvikefan" wrote:

Michael Bennett -never- ran a 4.25, he's a 4.3-4.4 guy. Mandy Ross ran a 4.25
    Dude you sure about that? I read reports sayin that he did run 4.25 If I'm mistaking it was on this site
    Thanks for the sig Pack93z

I love when you take breaks from plucking your unibrow and grunting/slapping to makes posts in this forum

purplepat is offline Hall of Famer

Bennet Gonna Be Traded?

The thing about trading Bennett (or Smith, for that matter) is you have to know when their contracts are up. You don't necessarily want to lose either of these guys to free agency with no compensation whatsoever. I think both have feature back skills, and some team will pay big bucks for one or the other. The assumption is that the Vikings will not have enough money to pay both of them feature back bucks. They'll have to pick one, and let the other go either as a restricted free agent (get some kind of draft pick compensation), unrestricted free agent (get no compensation), or trade them (more likely a draft pick than a player in all reality). Then again, sometimes these things work themselves out. A guy gets hurt and hasn't been productive enough to justify the big bucks, or they don't produce over the long haul like they did in a two game stint, etc. I'm certainly not hoping for either scenario, but it could happen.

I don't know when the contracts of either player are up. It certainly isn't an issue that needs to be dealt with before the end of this season. While Bennett has feature back talents, he's no Tomlinson, Portis, or Green. He's not going to bring a Ray Lewis here....probably won't even bring another Pro Bowler (although maybe a fringe Pro Bowl type).

Vikeman84, the Owens "trade" was barely a trade; certainly, the 49ers did not get equal value for him. It was either allow the court case to proceed (where the Niners faced the possibility of having Owens declared a free agent and get nothing), or come to the three way swap with the Eagles and Ravens (the Ravens received slight compensation for their trouble, and the Eagles gave up an average DL to the Niners). The Eli Manning deal was more a trade of draft picks, and the Chargers made out like bandits there.

Lastly, I like both backs for the different skills they bring to the table. Bennett is more the "home-run" back like Robert Smith was. He forces the defense to play differently to keep him from ever getting past the first wave of defenders and in the open. Whereas you can sometimes focus on stopping Bennett for little or no gain, Smith looks like the kind of guy who will get you two or three yards every time he gets the ball. He may not break a long one, but he can get the tough yards. I think you need both kinds of players on your team, and with Randy Moss, I think the threat Bennett provides will only serve to open up the offense more.
    SKOL VIKINGS!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast