Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vikesls is offline Rookie

Bengal Whupping strategy

Okay, so I'm Loney trying to come up with the right strategy to get Dante back on track and beat the Bengals and produce for the fan faithful. I think I go to a quick, short passing game. Is this the right strategy to put Dante's confidence back? Or do I expect my O line to perform better against the Bengals D after only a week?

I personally think this game is damn important after losing at home last week. Two in a row this early could be devastating for moral.

Go Vikes!

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Bengal Whupping strategy

Pound the ball, Short passing game, and then once we get that on track, do what we do best....GO DEEP! 3 deep that is (reed, cc, moss!)

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

mnvikes61 is offline Team Alumni

score more points that the other team :lol: j/k
    no in all seriousiness, i totally agree with what you said vikesls, if you read that post titled "gil brandt" or something along those lines, that is exactly what he said as well. that we need to use Burleson in the shorter game, he's good at running short routes and running after the catch. Robinson is a deep threat, he's not good at running shorter routes. i can't remeber what else he said about the other receievers but he made good points on each receiver. we NEED to run the ball and dominate the T.O.P, if our D is well rested throughout the game the bengals will have a hard time moving the ball i believe.

Thanks Josdin

mnjamie is offline Ring of Fame

I say go no huddle right or use a "Sugar" huddle right out of the gate, using the short passing game and quick hitting run traps up the middle. Been reading all week from Pep, Tice, Looney, etc. that we are a rhythm offense. I see no better way in doing so, get that early touchdown and the monkey off our backs. Then let the "D" do their thing and put the pressure on them... IMO

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Strategy? Score more points than the Bengals.

This always seems to work!

:lol:

Del Rio Guest

If I am Loney........................

I start the game off in the I formation. I move Kleinsasser back to FB with Bennett in the HB position. First play from scrimmage would be a run right up the gut. I would make it a point to line up in the I formation during the first quarter almost every time I ran the ball. I would mix the gaps that the FB hit and I would mix in a pulling tackle.

In the second part of the game I would show I formation and motion the FB to the TE position, I would begin working the play action pass........for the deeper passes.

I would run a more lateral offense all game long. Move the pocket let it drift a bit. I would encourage Daunte to scramble if he feels he needs to. I would run at least two QB draws during the game.

I would abandon the HB draw altogether.

vikesls is offline Rookie

I like it mnjamie. I think that's the extreme to the short passing game and you're certainly right about needing to get that early TD. I think alot of our success in years past has come from early scores....especially on the road. I'm concerned after hearing they're starting Bennet that they may try to run too much. I think running is the wrong strategy.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I wouldn't mind seeing the no huddle.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Big C is offline Coordinator

First play of the game is a screen to Bennet.
    Second play of the game is a bomb to Williamson for a TD.

Wishful thinking but would be cool if it happens .

Seriously though, I like the no huddle idea. We should run the ball a little (not on every 1st down though) and work the short passing game. Get all the receievers and TEs involved. Once we get the first TD, we can start going deep without hurting Dante's confidence too much.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

RK.
    RK. is offline Ring of Fame Rally Cross II Champion

I think we need to spread their rush out a bit with some screens and reverse plays. Also we need to remove Bennett immediately if he isn't getting the job done.

WWBGD

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast