Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bench Daunte

Kleinsasser40 is offline Coordinator

Bench Daunte

please do not title a thread like that. I was ready to come in here and rip you a new one...not cool...
    [img:2264cdc124]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v482/ultravikingfan/vikesklein.jpg[/img:2264cdc124]

triedandtruevikesfan is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Bench Daunte

"DoubleDown11" wrote:
    .........after the Vikings are up by 48 points in the 3rd quarter at Indianapolis next Monday night!

I figured this thread would start something! I really think Daunte is an MVP this year (and last if he would have been healthy). Anybody who thinks Ferrote can do better than Culpepper is idiotic and an embarrassment to Vikings fans.

Seriously, if Daunte doesn't throw for 400 and 4 TD's next week at Indy, this thread might not be so sarcastic.
    Damn it Double Down!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're gonna give me heart failure with the talk that this is gonna start! I'm gonna get overly pissed off and my poor heart just isn't going to be able to take it!!!

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

Bench Daunte

"Kleinsasser40" wrote:
    please do not title a thread like that. I was ready to come in here and rip you a new one...not cool...
    That is what I was thinking when I wrote it, too funny.

TNT- I will take care of your heart! If you know what I mean!
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.

diesavike is offline Rookie

Bench Daunte

RB, I'd still rather have MM get majority of carries. As far as Culpepper needing Moss, I think our other recievers need Moss more, when he's healthy, he gets so much attention the other recievers have a better shot at getting single coverage, and the opposing team can't have so many guys up stopping the run, so our running game is better. So I guess it's not that Daunte needs Moss, the entire team needs Moss.
    Sell crazy someplace else...we're all stocked up here.

skogs02 is offline Starter

Bench Daunte

"Jer" wrote:
    You guys are gonna have a lot of work to do this week. Indy just doesn't lose two weeks in a row unless something drastic happens. You guys could do it, but it will definately need a better effort than this week.
    sorry to tell ya but Indy lost last week at home vs. Jacksonville and they lost on sunday vs KC...im pretty sure that equals 2 weeks in a row! :lol:

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Bench Daunte

If Daunte does what he did last week for three more weeks i will be calling for help, but for now Daunte is the man at QB. He deserves to be where he is.

TheAnimal93 is offline Team Alumni

Bench Daunte

hello to everyone,
    i am a new member from ohio and very loyal vikes fan since the very first tv game that i saw when i was just a pup. super bowl 4. and have been to a couple of games close to cols, ohio. the robert smith running out of his shoe for a TD, and a 6-3 victory in pitts again with salisbury at QB. and since directvs' inception i have been in vikes heaven not missing a game since '95. well, depending on how you look at it of course(vikes heaven). that all being said, i have a few questions for anyone.
    does anyone share my disdain for scott linehan? i think that he is the main reason for the vikes not being a better football team. anyone can come up with a good gameplan against a mediocre team and look like a genius but every tough game if daunte doesnt improv and doesnt get too excited and try to do everything they dont have a chance. what is with the "cute plays" and not the smashmouth approach to football. RUN THE FOOTBALL. AND RUN IT. AND RUN IT. AND RUN IT. a stupid swing pass to the running back on the first play. I AM SICK OF IT. and they run that stupid play with moss too. in the past, how many times has that play netted more than 5 yds? take moss and run him down the field on the fly. of course not now, but when it was possible. and run the ball. and what happened to wiggens in the game. was he that covered ALL game? my cuz is a raiders fan and that is all he complained about was linehans play calling when he was at the raiders. in my opinion, he is the worst.

Purple D is offline Starter

Bench Daunte

I really think that if Moss is not playing against the Colts, Then The vikes should go with a two back set. They could rotate to keep fresh but start Onterio and Mewelde and then you never know who is going to get the ball and they are both there to block on passes. I would like to see the vikes try it.
    I also think that Onterio or mewelde would make great lead blockers for each other. :sunny:
    Four score and seven years ago, Brad Childress has brought upon this team, a west coast offense, conceived in San Francisco, and Dedicated to be a Kick jiggly butt offence. We are now engaged in an NFL season, testing weather that offense can get going or that our defense can long endure.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Bench Daunte

Welcome Vikes can do! I am a little disappointed too with Linehan's play calling. I think that in a lot of games we needed to go deep and really stretch the defense. In the Texan's game, I think we went away from the run when we had the lead, even though we dominated with the run in the first half. I am more disappointed with Cotrell's schemes though. Although, they have improved of late (if you can call last week an improvement).

Go Viks!

Big C is offline Coordinator

Bench Daunte

I don't think Dante is going to win the Colts game by himself. Without Moss on the field on Monday we can't match the explosiveness of the Colts offense. The Colts are hot at wide receiver right now. Without Moss our WRs are good (instead of excellent).

Our D has to step up and keep the game balanced. The game is between the #1 and #2 offenses. But without Moss we are more like a #5 or #6 offense. Our D has to balance that equation.

Also, I think we should start Moore at RB to see how things work out. He had a bad game (the run game was bad altogether) but that doesn't deserve a benching. I think we should make Bennet the backup simply because of his speed. Without Moss we need any explosiveness that we can get.

I think Smith should be the 3rd RB. Just like Bennet has to work himself in to the roster after an injury I think Smith should work himself in after a suspension. My two cents.
    Halo 4. Start another fight.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast