Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bench Daunte

DoubleDown11 is offline Pro-Bowler

Bench Daunte

.........after the Vikings are up by 48 points in the 3rd quarter at Indianapolis next Monday night!

I figured this thread would start something! I really think Daunte is an MVP this year (and last if he would have been healthy). Anybody who thinks Ferrote can do better than Culpepper is idiotic and an embarrassment to Vikings fans.

Seriously, if Daunte doesn't throw for 400 and 4 TD's next week at Indy, this thread might not be so sarcastic.
    something witty and comical... followed by genuine sarcasm.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Bench Daunte

Daunte is fantastic when he has a lead, no doubt! I dont think we are gonna be up by 48 points either, thats very unlikely. I think he needs moss back, it will help him get back to those 4 and 5 TD performances.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Bench Daunte

No but seriously, we all know Pepp is not going to get benched so lets talk about something more important like "who should start at RB vs the Colts"

King Eth1x is offline Waterboy

Bench Daunte

ontarrio smith baby! no messing around with bennet...he might get an ingrown toe-nail or something. smith attacks the line of scrimage like a freegin wildabeast! (or insert animal of choice)...GO VIKES!

Viking_Spirit is offline Star Spokesman

Bench Daunte

Let me say this-I will be pretty dissapointed with Daunte if he dosen't have at least 400yds and 4 TD's.

Guns don t kill people. Chuck Norris kills people.

CrazyAtMSU is offline Training Camp

Bench Daunte

I heard Terry Bradshaw and company talking about how much daunte NEEDS randy moss... I don't think that is necessarily true. It is true, obviously, that the vikings are better, that includes the whole team, when he is healthy and in the game. The problem is that daunte has to play a totally different game then he's used to when moss is on the field. Its a totally different game plan and process as a quarterback. Having a running game would have helped too

Jer
    Jer is offline Rookie

Bench Daunte

You guys are gonna have a lot of work to do this week. Indy just doesn't lose two weeks in a row unless something drastic happens. You guys could do it, but it will definately need a better effort than this week.

UkViking is offline Rookie

Bench Daunte

RB Gotta be Onterrio,Pepp will bounce back and the Vikes will still be challenging come season end.
    Fly the colour Purple,and fly it high!

snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired

Bench Daunte

"CrazyAtMSU" wrote:
    I heard Terry Bradshaw and company talking about how much daunte NEEDS randy moss... I don't think that is necessarily true. It is true, obviously, that the vikings are better, that includes the whole team, when he is healthy and in the game. The problem is that daunte has to play a totally different game then he's used to when moss is on the field. Its a totally different game plan and process as a quarterback. Having a running game would have helped too
    I totally agree, he doesn't need Moss. I think he can prove that be being a double threat. I think he needs to make 2 or 3 reads and Run if it is not there. Also, don't let the rcvrs clog up the middle and short yardage areas of the field. Run the WRs down field, taking defenders have a back release for a short dump taking up an LB then option of running.

I know he is getting a lot of credit for being the passer this year but it wouldn't hurt if he planned on Running a bit. It would throw teams of of their game plan. They wouldn't be expecting designed run or more of the Run. He might be able to get 15yds/carry against Indy.

Mossville is offline Starter

Bench Daunte

"snowinapril" wrote:
    "CrazyAtMSU" wrote:
    I totally agree, he doesn't need Moss. I think he can prove that be being a double threat. I think he needs to make 2 or 3 reads and Run if it is not there. Also, don't let the rcvrs clog up the middle and short yardage areas of the field. Run the WRs down field, taking defenders have a back release for a short dump taking up an LB then option of running.

I know he is getting a lot of credit for being the passer this year but it wouldn't hurt if he planned on Running a bit. It would throw teams of of their game plan. They wouldn't be expecting designed run or more of the Run. He might be able to get 15yds/carry against Indy.
    Actually he does need Moss out there. Look at the last 2 games. Our offense has looked darn near average. Against the Titans, Daunte didnt look as sharp and well against the Giants, it was awful. The numbers dont lie fellas

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast