Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    BigMoInAZ is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Ben Leber contract already set to be a Viking Monday!!

"aceclown" wrote:
    KFFL.com
    Vikings | Agent denies Leber report
    Sun, 5 Mar 2006 20:38:38 -0800

Mark Craig, of the Star Tribune, reports agent Vann McElroy denied reports that his client, free agent LB Ben Leber (Chargers), and the Minnesota Vikings have agreed in principle on a contract. "Not only haven't we agreed, we haven't even talked," McElroy said.
    Thank GOD! As a former Kansas native, I had the pleasure of being a K State Fan and when Leber was drafted in the third round, many of us felt that was very generous on the NFL's part. This guy is just an average player with no more skill, knowledge, or coverage ability than the next 4yr LB in the league. I would much rather see the Vikings make an effort to really solidify the positions with SOLID Veterans like Keith Newman or even an aging Jamie Sharper. If the Vikings sign this kid it will be for a league minimum, I do believe one source listed his probable salary at no more than $2.5 million so when you read an amount of $7 million for this type of player, you have to assume it's for the entire 4 year contract! At least that is more agreed upon for his performance to date. In his 4 year career with the Chargers he has a total of 174 tackles, which averages to 43.5 a year. He has 12 sacks, 4 passes defensed, not too much cover 2 going on there and 4 forced fumbles with 2 fumble recoveries. Those are not the numbers of a $7 million dollar bonus player, PERIOD! I would much rather see the Vikes overpay a LB like Lavar Arrington than see them waste it on a marginal player like LEBER! JUST SAY NO TO THIS DEAL! rant over with!

Lo there, do I see the line of my People...Back to the Beginning.
    Lo do They call to me...They bid me take my Place among Them...in the Halls of VALHALLA where t

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

THANK GOD! levar arrington come on in!!
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

Free agency has not even started yet, how could we have an agreement in principal when we are not even supposed to be talking to these players yet! If we were talking to these players, we would be guilty of tampering and that is punishable by league policy. The same with Bentley supposedly having an agreement with Philly, if that is the case the league should step in and cancel the deal!

If they were to get Leber I wouldn't mind but not at the price they are talking about, there are better players to be had at that price.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"whackthepack" wrote:
    Free agency has not even started yet, how could we have an agreement in principal when we are not even supposed to be talking to these players yet! If we were talking to these players, we would be guilty of tampering and that is punishable by league policy. The same with Bentley supposedly having an agreement with Philly, if that is the case the league should step in and cancel the deal!
    Don’t be naive. It probably happens all the time.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"happy camper" wrote:
    "whackthepack" wrote:
    Don’t be naive. It probably happens all the time.
    Probably does, but how does the media get wind of it if the Vikings are so private & hush-hush about their business?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

I'm guessing through a third party. Players, Agents..
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Hey...it's Wilf's team...he can sign whomever he wants! I just hope the guy contributes...if he does, then it's all good!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

SheyD11285 is offline Rookie

It's our team without us he makes no money!

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Let's get the CBA worked out first.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567