Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    shockzilla is offline PPO Ambassador
    Blog Entries

Re: Being Inovative Against Cowboys a Must

If ANYTHING, this game will prove that AP is the real deal. On that turf in Dallas - are you kidding? That's like putting a speedskater on a short track! He was MADE for that type of surface.

I just know it's gonna be a blast of a game to watch - another high-scoring affair like the Chicago game.
    PPO Ambassador, Defender of the Purple Faith and Guardian of the Gates of Valhalla

dmw14 is offline Training Camp

One thing I noticed was how the Safeties and Corners reacted when we handed off to AP. Now that we know he can catch, maybe we should see how he can pass when we're inside the 15, and Shank is dancing around alone in the back of the endzone.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"dmw14" wrote:
    One thing I noticed was how the Safeties and Corners reacted when we handed off to AP. Now that we know he can catch, maybe we should see how he can pass when we're inside the 15, and Shank is dancing around alone in the back of the endzone.
    That's a really good point. Let's see if he can throw for a TD as well.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"dmw14" wrote:
    SHHHHHHHHSSHHHHHHH

There are spies everywhere my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"shockzilla" wrote:
    If ANYTHING, this game will prove that AP is the real deal. On that turf in Dallas - are you kidding? That's like putting a speedskater on a short track! He was MADE for that type of surface.

I just know it's gonna be a blast of a game to watch - another high-scoring affair like the Chicago game.
    I'm pretty sure that Dallas has the same type of turf we do in the dome.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

x-ray jeff is offline Coordinator

"shockzilla" wrote:

I hope you are right Shock! I was thinking last night about how it seemed AP had more of an advantage running on a grass field vs. turf. I'm not sure if this is true or not, but it appeared to me that while defenders were slipping a bit, Peterson could cut and move with no problems at all. He runs so hard, he just seems to stick to the grass field better than anyone else. I suppose it could be researched (his yards gained on turf vs. grass), but I wouldn't know where to start.

FromDallas is offline Training Camp

I personally saw Peterson play a lot in college and I actually think he runs better on grass.

The turf in Dallas is exactly the same as it is in Minnesota and most other fields that use artificial turf in the NFL.

Frostbite is offline Coach

From a lot of the answers I read seems a lot of you folks think running against Dallas is the Key>I guess I have more respect for the Cowboys D coaching than some of you. I am full agreement that the Dallas defense will send a lot of heat at TJ. In return...they could over-pursue and a few good runs might come of it. Dallas defense is very fast as well.

I think it could be a heck a game....I am concerned that Childress might be willing break out of the run game plan if Dallas is prepared and we are not moving the ball with A.P.

Someone mentioned our defense stepping it up....Totally agree with this....I hope we keep some heat on Romo too. He's to good a pocket thrower to just sit back and allow coverage in the secondary.

Well...That's my 2 cents....Thanks for chimming in everyone....gave me a lot to think about....

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Storm is offline Pro-Bowler

This game is not about AP vs Cowboy run D, this game is about our pass D vs Romo and their receivers. If we can manage to shape up and get some pressure on the QB on pass rush, we have a good shot. If not, we will get torched.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Freya" wrote:
    I don't think Childress does innovative.
    Silly Freya.
    Childress pulls a trick play out of his ass every once in a while.
    Fake field goals, half back passes, etc.

I am looking for a half back pass on the opening play of the Dallas game.
    Throw them for a loop early, and they will never catch up.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast