HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Helmut Behind The Scenes: Vikings 2013 Draft

Vikings build through draft under Rick Spielman, Leslie Frazier

I love to get a peak behind the scenes and look at how the Vikings organization works and if you're similar to me then I definitely recommend clicking on the article above. What I like even more than taking a look behind the scenes is that I like what I see. I really like how the Vikings' organization, from players, to medical staff, to scouts, to head chief Spielman, seem to be more and more on the right path after the horrendous post-Childress season.

Here's A Video Of Inside The War Room For The Vikings Draft Night Trade

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries
    I have to say, the one thing that was always bothering me about the team for years was that it seemed to lack a focus and a blueprint for the kind of team we were going to build and the kind of players we were going to bring in to the team and I laid that blame right at the top where there was decades of uncertainty with ownership, a seemingly endless stadium push that started in the 70's and really only had about a 7-10 year window that it wasn't brought up and a constant shuffle of coaches.

I was not sold on the idea of promoting Spielman mainly because I felt he was just getting a promotion in name only and it appeared on the outside looking in that they just bumped the staff up a rung on the ladder without changing anything.

But after watching the last few drafts and seeing how they are building the team as well as how the team has responded to diversity I am very happy with the way the staff is doing things and for the first time in decades I am proud of the job they are doing with the team.

That was an awesome video and print story of how they are working the draft and it should serve notice to any of those who thought they got caught with their pants down or thought they didn't know what they were doing.

This is a very good core of players they are putting together and I really feel we are going to see the best, most consistent team we have seen for a long time develop over the next few years and I am so glad they are finally at the point where they have a blueprint and that they are looking for specific traits in their players in order to build the team. It makes it so easy to be a company yes man when they do things like this.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Wow. That was awesome!! I was already pretty fucking stoked on how this team was coming together, but to actually hear them confirm their team-built vision, from the extra time and effort they spent working together to really define what they want/need from both points of view, to how the players are buying into how they are improving personally and the team plan, is really, totally freaking exciting! It feels like a family environment, and they really seemed to go out of their way to let the draft picks know that they were excited to welcome them in and you can feel the team-first & top-notch work-ethic from the GM and scouts through the coaching staff, their face-of-the-franchise and hardest working man in the NFL, Adrian Peterson, right down through the backups and small role players around them! I see a, If you win, I win, let's go win together attitude here, and I LOVE IT!! Freaking Awesome!!

Even better: Now everyone is invested in the organization and its future. Spielman proudly says that six 2013 Viking free agents, including linebacker Erin Henderson, fullback Jerome Felton and offensive tackle Phil Loadholt, cancelled visits with other clubs and re-signed because they couldn't imagine not seeing through what's being built in Minnesota.

"Those guys talk amongst themselves," Frazier said. "And in Jerome's case, he's been at other teams, so he knows what those environments are like. Our guys know that we have a unique situation here in Minnesota. And the ones who buy into our philosophy, they know that they're gonna benefit not only now, but long after their careers are over. Every guy that's a part of what we're doing, they're gonna be a better person when they leave our football team. And we're gonna win in doing it."
    Not to mention, its starting to feel a long, long ways from the land of 10,000 controversies too!?!!

SKOL VIKINGS!!! The future looks bright through my purple shades!!!

BAAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Damn firewall.....Can't see the vid.

I was surprised to see that the Vikes were one of the teams that had a "War Room Cam" hosted by NFLN during the draft. Didn't get as much play as the other teams, but it was there none the less.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mountainviking View Post
    Wow. That was awesome!! I was already pretty fucking stoked on how this team was coming together, but to actually hear them confirm their team-built vision, from the extra time and effort they spent working together to really define what they want/need from both points of view, to how the players are buying into how they are improving personally and the team plan, is really, totally freaking exciting! It feels like a family environment, and they really seemed to go out of their way to let the draft picks know that they were excited to welcome them in and you can feel the team-first & top-notch work-ethic from the GM and scouts through the coaching staff, their face-of-the-franchise and hardest working man in the NFL, Adrian Peterson, right down through the backups and small role players around them! I see a, If you win, I win, let's go win together attitude here, and I LOVE IT!! Freaking Awesome!!

SKOL VIKINGS!!! The future looks bright through my purple shades!!!

BAAAAAHWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
    It's great to see my excitement through the eyes of a fellow fan. It is the best read I've found in a long time.

Minniman is offline Hall of Famer
    Nice video.

I have my doubts about certain elements of the team, but I like the atmosphere around the Vikings war room. One almost expects His Honor, Allen Page to walk in and say, "You can play football in many places in the NFL, but this is Minnesota, and we are the Vikings."