Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Salzy is offline Rookie

Behind Enemy Lines....in Philly

Hey Purple Brethren (and Sistren???),

I live 30 minutes from the Linc and I get to see the Eagles play two or three times a year. I was at the Monday Night game this year and at the Pack-Eagles playoff game last year. Let me tell you some fun facts about Eagles fans. If the Vikes go up on the Eagles like they did against the pack last week, Eagles fans will start leaving in the first quarter. They like to show up and rant and rave but if they are losing they bail. Quickly. People were leaving last year while the Eagles were driving. The group next to me actually said "They'll screw it up" and started to walk down the steps. The stadium was emptying as the Eagles were about to win the game. Wow they suck. :rr: Mossified Iggles Vikes 35 Eagles 17[/b]
    The Cheat is grounded!

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Welcome aboard salzy! Man I thought it was scary for me being in Wisconny, but man it must be a tough life living out there in the war zone of Philly!!

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

A fast start is a major key to the game. And by the way welcome to the board!

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Welcome Salzy! You can pull recon for us! Keep you head down though.

PhillyGirl is offline Starter

Re: Behind Enemy Lines....in Philly

"Salzy" wrote:
    Hey Purple Brethren (and Sistren???),

I live 30 minutes from the Linc and I get to see the Eagles play two or three times a year. I was at the Monday Night game this year and at the Pack-Eagles playoff game last year. Let me tell you some fun facts about Eagles fans. If the Vikes go up on the Eagles like they did against the pack last week, Eagles fans will start leaving in the first quarter. They like to show up and rant and rave but if they are losing they bail. Quickly. People were leaving last year while the Eagles were driving. The group next to me actually said "They'll screw it up" and started to walk down the steps. The stadium was emptying as the Eagles were about to win the game. Wow they suck. :rr: Mossified Iggles Vikes 35 Eagles 17[/b]
    As a lifetime season ticket holder, I can tell you that this is a CROCK. Nice try though. :roll:

Salzy is offline Rookie

I always wear my colors at Eagles games, even if the Vikes aren't playing. I wore my jersey at the MNF game and had Vikes fans walking up to me in plain clothes whispering go Vikes. They have a jail in the basement of the Linc. It is not that bad anymore.
    The Cheat is grounded!

PhillyGirl is offline Starter

Educate yourself.

The jail and court at the Linc was built into it when it was built. However, after 3 games last year, they closed it and its been closed since. They didn't need it. There has been such a difference in behavior in the new stadium, its not necessary to have anymore.

The Houston Texans have a court/jail in Reliant Stadium (was built in there also). That one has been active since it opened and remains open.

Salzy is offline Rookie

Ok so I wasn't at that game and the fans next to me didn't say that. OK I'm a huge liar!!!! The fact is that me and my brother were still in our seats on the 4th down play and our Eagle counterparts were walking down the steps. I'm in the CIA I'm actually trying to start a conspiracy. Get over yourself! Skol Vikes!
    The Cheat is grounded!

Salzy is offline Rookie

Did I not say that it is not that bad anymore???? I think I did.
    The Cheat is grounded!

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"PhillyGirl" wrote:
    Educate yourself.

The jail and court at the Linc was built into it when it was built. However, after 3 games last year, they closed it and its been closed since. They didn't need it. There has been such a difference in behavior in the new stadium, its not necessary to have anymore.

The Houston Texans have a court/jail in Reliant Stadium (was built in there also). That one has been active since it opened and remains open.
    Now you know, PhillyGirl, what it's like to be a Randy Moss supporter.

No matter what Randy does POSITIVELY, we get all the old stuff tossed in our faces.

Much like your jail in the Linc.

Sure, you don't USE it, but you HAVE it...and that's all we need to use it as ammo. And, it's only been out of use for almost 2 seasons.

Get used to it. You can no more win that fight than can we Randy supporters stop the horde of "haters" who like to bring up everything Randy did in his deep past.

Of course, the fact reemains that you still HAVE a jail. And I believe you were the first to GET a jail. Not something we - or any other Anti-Eagles crowd - are likely to let slip by quietly.

Caine

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast