Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    organgrinder is offline Waterboy

Re: The Beginnings of a Fan

Hi -

I'm the guy who wrote this - I thought I'd let you know a little about where I'm coming from.
    First of all, the reason it's on a Seahawks website is simple - they're turning the seahawks huddle into a national 'Huddlenetwork' site soon and wanted to try out a few writers from other teams.
    I thought it would be a challenge to write it from the 'trying to be a fan' angle.
    It'll either work or I'll fall flat on my face - time will tell.
    The most important reason is that I really do want to learn about this stuff.
    I don't have any kids yet, but when I do, as their mother will is Minnesotan, I'll do my damndest to raise them half Irish, half Minnesotan.
    I can't raise them Minnesotan without knowing about the Vikings.
    Plain and simple.
    I do a lot of writing over here in Ireland, but have never tried writing about any sports - it's a challenge.
    If you like what I write, great.
    If not, don't worry about it.
    Seán

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"organgrinder" wrote:
    Hi -

I'm the guy who wrote this - I thought I'd let you know a little about where I'm coming from.
    First of all, the reason it's on a Seahawks website is simple - they're turning the seahawks huddle into a national 'Huddlenetwork' site soon and wanted to try out a few writers from other teams.
    I thought it would be a challenge to write it from the 'trying to be a fan' angle.
    I don't have any kids yet, but when I do, as their mother will is Minnesotan, I'll do my damndest to raise them half Irish, half Minnesotan.
    Plain and simple.
    I do a lot of writing over here in Ireland, but have never tried writing about any sports - it's a challenge.
    Seán
    Thanks for the explanation

welcome to the site and SKOL!!

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"organgrinder" wrote:
    Hi -

Plain and simple.
    Seán
    Thanx Sean & welcome to the best Vikings fan site on the net!

Of course I like what you write, that's why I've been posting them as they come out.

I plan on posting them all here, so when a new one comes out, send me a PM.

Also, you might enjoy hanging around this site. It's always up-to-date with the latest Vikings news & plenty can be learned here.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the site mate, If you want to suss out the game and learn about the Vikes you have come to the right place!

NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni

Welcome aboard.......

Anguish is offline Waterboy

"organgrinder" wrote:
    Hi -

Plain and simple.
    Seán
    Just to clarify, Seahawks Huddle isn't 'turning in to' Huddle Networks, it's just where we're housing writers and their stories until we finish development.
    We were supposed to have launched LONG ago, but ran into some serious scaling issues with PHP driven websites. . .
    Anyway, that's another story.

Just wanted to thank singersp for linking to the full article rather than snagging it.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"organgrinder" wrote:
    Hi -

Plain and simple.
    Seán
    Skol and Welcome. I am looking forward to reading more of your articles as they become available.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

"organgrinder" wrote:
    Hi -

Plain and simple.
    Seán
    As singersp said, you'd probably enjoy hanging around here for all the latest on the Vikings. Also it's really the best place to be if you want to be a Vikings fan.

Welcome aboard anyway.

Skål

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Anguish" wrote:
    "organgrinder" wrote:
    Hi -

Plain and simple.

Seán
    Just to clarify, Seahawks Huddle isn't 'turning in to' Huddle Networks, it's just where we're housing writers and their stories until we finish development.
    We were supposed to have launched LONG ago, but ran into some serious scaling issues with PHP driven websites. . .
    Anyway, that's another story.

Just wanted to thank singersp for linking to the full article rather than snagging it.
    Your welcome Anguish. Rarely ever do I "snag" & post a whole story now with copywrites & intellectual property rights being what they are.

In the rare cases that I do, I always credit the writer & provide the link to the source.

Thanx for having Vikings articles on your site that I can share with my fellow Vikings fans here.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"organgrinder" wrote:
    Hi -

Plain and simple.
    Seán
    Welcome, Sean!
    Glad you found our little slice of "heaven" here on the Internet.
    As you might have discovered already, we have Danish, English, Scottish, Greek, Dutch and Swedish (that I know of) representation in our hard-core membership, along with the thousands of Minnesotans and other Americans who love the Vikings.

Looking forward already to the next installment of your series, and, as well, to any future contributions you want to make here!

Valkommen and SKOL!

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12