Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20
  1. #11
    organgrinder is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1

    Re: The Beginnings of a Fan

    Hi -

    I'm the guy who wrote this - I thought I'd let you know a little about where I'm coming from.
    First of all, the reason it's on a Seahawks website is simple - they're turning the seahawks huddle into a national 'Huddlenetwork' site soon and wanted to try out a few writers from other teams.
    I thought it would be a challenge to write it from the 'trying to be a fan' angle.
    It'll either work or I'll fall flat on my face - time will tell.
    The most important reason is that I really do want to learn about this stuff.
    I don't have any kids yet, but when I do, as their mother will is Minnesotan, I'll do my damndest to raise them half Irish, half Minnesotan.
    I can't raise them Minnesotan without knowing about the Vikings.
    Plain and simple.
    I do a lot of writing over here in Ireland, but have never tried writing about any sports - it's a challenge.
    If you like what I write, great.
    If not, don't worry about it.
    Seán

  2. #12
    BadlandsVikings's Avatar
    BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    26,564

    Re: The Beginnings of a Fan

    "organgrinder" wrote:
    Hi -

    I'm the guy who wrote this - I thought I'd let you know a little about where I'm coming from.
    First of all, the reason it's on a Seahawks website is simple - they're turning the seahawks huddle into a national 'Huddlenetwork' site soon and wanted to try out a few writers from other teams.
    I thought it would be a challenge to write it from the 'trying to be a fan' angle.
    It'll either work or I'll fall flat on my face - time will tell.
    The most important reason is that I really do want to learn about this stuff.
    I don't have any kids yet, but when I do, as their mother will is Minnesotan, I'll do my damndest to raise them half Irish, half Minnesotan.
    I can't raise them Minnesotan without knowing about the Vikings.
    Plain and simple.
    I do a lot of writing over here in Ireland, but have never tried writing about any sports - it's a challenge.
    If you like what I write, great.
    If not, don't worry about it.
    Seán
    Thanks for the explanation

    welcome to the site and SKOL!!

  3. #13
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219

    Re: The Beginnings of a Fan

    "organgrinder" wrote:
    Hi -

    I'm the guy who wrote this - I thought I'd let you know a little about where I'm coming from.
    First of all, the reason it's on a Seahawks website is simple - they're turning the seahawks huddle into a national 'Huddlenetwork' site soon and wanted to try out a few writers from other teams.
    I thought it would be a challenge to write it from the 'trying to be a fan' angle.
    It'll either work or I'll fall flat on my face - time will tell.
    The most important reason is that I really do want to learn about this stuff.
    I don't have any kids yet, but when I do, as their mother will is Minnesotan, I'll do my damndest to raise them half Irish, half Minnesotan.
    I can't raise them Minnesotan without knowing about the Vikings.
    Plain and simple.
    I do a lot of writing over here in Ireland, but have never tried writing about any sports - it's a challenge.
    If you like what I write, great.
    If not, don't worry about it.
    Seán
    Thanx Sean & welcome to the best Vikings fan site on the net!

    Of course I like what you write, that's why I've been posting them as they come out.

    I plan on posting them all here, so when a new one comes out, send me a PM.

    Also, you might enjoy hanging around this site. It's always up-to-date with the latest Vikings news & plenty can be learned here.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  4. #14
    scottishvike's Avatar
    scottishvike is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Dunfermline
    Posts
    1,701
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: The Beginnings of a Fan

    Welcome to the site mate, If you want to suss out the game and learn about the Vikes you have come to the right place!

  5. #15
    NDVikingFan66's Avatar
    NDVikingFan66 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,831

    Re: The Beginnings of a Fan

    Welcome aboard.......

  6. #16
    Anguish is offline Waterboy
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1

    Re: The Beginnings of a Fan

    "organgrinder" wrote:
    Hi -

    I'm the guy who wrote this - I thought I'd let you know a little about where I'm coming from.
    First of all, the reason it's on a Seahawks website is simple - they're turning the seahawks huddle into a national 'Huddlenetwork' site soon and wanted to try out a few writers from other teams.
    I thought it would be a challenge to write it from the 'trying to be a fan' angle.
    It'll either work or I'll fall flat on my face - time will tell.
    The most important reason is that I really do want to learn about this stuff.
    I don't have any kids yet, but when I do, as their mother will is Minnesotan, I'll do my damndest to raise them half Irish, half Minnesotan.
    I can't raise them Minnesotan without knowing about the Vikings.
    Plain and simple.
    I do a lot of writing over here in Ireland, but have never tried writing about any sports - it's a challenge.
    If you like what I write, great.
    If not, don't worry about it.
    Seán
    Just to clarify, Seahawks Huddle isn't 'turning in to' Huddle Networks, it's just where we're housing writers and their stories until we finish development.
    We were supposed to have launched LONG ago, but ran into some serious scaling issues with PHP driven websites. . .
    Anyway, that's another story.

    Just wanted to thank singersp for linking to the full article rather than snagging it.

  7. #17
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The Beginnings of a Fan

    "organgrinder" wrote:
    Hi -

    I'm the guy who wrote this - I thought I'd let you know a little about where I'm coming from.
    First of all, the reason it's on a Seahawks website is simple - they're turning the seahawks huddle into a national 'Huddlenetwork' site soon and wanted to try out a few writers from other teams.
    I thought it would be a challenge to write it from the 'trying to be a fan' angle.
    It'll either work or I'll fall flat on my face - time will tell.
    The most important reason is that I really do want to learn about this stuff.
    I don't have any kids yet, but when I do, as their mother will is Minnesotan, I'll do my damndest to raise them half Irish, half Minnesotan.
    I can't raise them Minnesotan without knowing about the Vikings.
    Plain and simple.
    I do a lot of writing over here in Ireland, but have never tried writing about any sports - it's a challenge.
    If you like what I write, great.
    If not, don't worry about it.
    Seán
    Skol and Welcome. I am looking forward to reading more of your articles as they become available.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #18
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: The Beginnings of a Fan

    "organgrinder" wrote:
    Hi -

    I'm the guy who wrote this - I thought I'd let you know a little about where I'm coming from.
    First of all, the reason it's on a Seahawks website is simple - they're turning the seahawks huddle into a national 'Huddlenetwork' site soon and wanted to try out a few writers from other teams.
    I thought it would be a challenge to write it from the 'trying to be a fan' angle.
    It'll either work or I'll fall flat on my face - time will tell.
    The most important reason is that I really do want to learn about this stuff.
    I don't have any kids yet, but when I do, as their mother will is Minnesotan, I'll do my damndest to raise them half Irish, half Minnesotan.
    I can't raise them Minnesotan without knowing about the Vikings.
    Plain and simple.
    I do a lot of writing over here in Ireland, but have never tried writing about any sports - it's a challenge.
    If you like what I write, great.
    If not, don't worry about it.
    Seán
    As singersp said, you'd probably enjoy hanging around here for all the latest on the Vikings. Also it's really the best place to be if you want to be a Vikings fan.

    Welcome aboard anyway.

    Skål

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  9. #19
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,219

    Re: The Beginnings of a Fan

    "Anguish" wrote:
    "organgrinder" wrote:
    Hi -

    I'm the guy who wrote this - I thought I'd let you know a little about where I'm coming from.

    First of all, the reason it's on a Seahawks website is simple - they're turning the seahawks huddle into a national 'Huddlenetwork' site soon and wanted to try out a few writers from other teams.

    I thought it would be a challenge to write it from the 'trying to be a fan' angle.

    It'll either work or I'll fall flat on my face - time will tell.

    The most important reason is that I really do want to learn about this stuff.

    I don't have any kids yet, but when I do, as their mother will is Minnesotan, I'll do my damndest to raise them half Irish, half Minnesotan.

    I can't raise them Minnesotan without knowing about the Vikings.

    Plain and simple.

    I do a lot of writing over here in Ireland, but have never tried writing about any sports - it's a challenge.

    If you like what I write, great.

    If not, don't worry about it.

    Seán
    Just to clarify, Seahawks Huddle isn't 'turning in to' Huddle Networks, it's just where we're housing writers and their stories until we finish development.
    We were supposed to have launched LONG ago, but ran into some serious scaling issues with PHP driven websites. . .
    Anyway, that's another story.

    Just wanted to thank singersp for linking to the full article rather than snagging it.
    Your welcome Anguish. Rarely ever do I "snag" & post a whole story now with copywrites & intellectual property rights being what they are.

    In the rare cases that I do, I always credit the writer & provide the link to the source.

    Thanx for having Vikings articles on your site that I can share with my fellow Vikings fans here.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  10. #20
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: The Beginnings of a Fan

    "organgrinder" wrote:
    Hi -

    I'm the guy who wrote this - I thought I'd let you know a little about where I'm coming from.
    First of all, the reason it's on a Seahawks website is simple - they're turning the seahawks huddle into a national 'Huddlenetwork' site soon and wanted to try out a few writers from other teams.
    I thought it would be a challenge to write it from the 'trying to be a fan' angle.
    It'll either work or I'll fall flat on my face - time will tell.
    The most important reason is that I really do want to learn about this stuff.
    I don't have any kids yet, but when I do, as their mother will is Minnesotan, I'll do my damndest to raise them half Irish, half Minnesotan.
    I can't raise them Minnesotan without knowing about the Vikings.
    Plain and simple.
    I do a lot of writing over here in Ireland, but have never tried writing about any sports - it's a challenge.
    If you like what I write, great.
    If not, don't worry about it.
    Seán
    Welcome, Sean!
    Glad you found our little slice of "heaven" here on the Internet.
    As you might have discovered already, we have Danish, English, Scottish, Greek, Dutch and Swedish (that I know of) representation in our hard-core membership, along with the thousands of Minnesotans and other Americans who love the Vikings.

    Looking forward already to the next installment of your series, and, as well, to any future contributions you want to make here!

    Valkommen and SKOL!

    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •