Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Beer Bet

soonerbornNbred is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: The Beer Bet

Please would you two clarify what the bet is so we interested will be clear as to what it is

surely Marrdro didnt say Tjoke would be a NFL starter that would have a winning record

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "soonerbornNbred" #1085062
    Please would you two clarify what the bet is so we interested will be clear as to what it is

surely Marrdro didnt say Tjoke would be a NFL starter that would have a winning record
    Its in the original post but I will include it here again....

If the playoffs start (Potential walkout) in 2012 and you aren't satisfied with his play, you win. If you are, I win.
    Only quantifier is that Caine is satisfied with his play. Nothing about playoffs or starter stuff although, assumption on my part is that he would have to start the predominance of a teams games and be successful doing it to make Caine (and EJ) happy.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085074

If the playoffs start (Potential walkout) in 2012 and you aren't satisfied with his play, you win. If you are, I win.
    Only quantifier is that Caine is satisfied with his play. Nothing about playoffs or starter stuff although, assumption on my part is that he would have to start the predominance of a teams games and be successful doing it to make Caine (and EJ) happy.
    Right. It was a pretty nebulous bet...but I did give MArrdro the opportunity to define the terms...and those were his terms.

In order for me to be "satisfied", Jackson will have to prove himself to be a viable starting option - that is what he was billed as, that is what I expect to see. Nothing I have seen to date indicates to me that he is anywhere near that.

Now, Marr is desperately looking for places where Jackson might get a shot - the problem here is that I don't think even the most desperate teams were all that impressed with Jackson. IMHO, he will wind up signing somewhere as the 3rd option for League minimum.

If he does, he will have one season to prove he belongs in the NFL - and to give the indication that he could be a successful starter.

Truthfully, he was a lot closer to that goal last September, after a horrible preseason, than he is right now. He put himself into a hole with his poor showings.

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1085078

Right. It was a pretty nebulous bet...but I did give MArrdro the opportunity to define the terms...and those were his terms.

In order for me to be "satisfied", Jackson will have to prove himself to be a viable starting option - that is what he was billed as, that is what I expect to see. Nothing I have seen to date indicates to me that he is anywhere near that.

Now, Marr is desperately looking for places where Jackson might get a shot - the problem here is that I don't think even the most desperate teams were all that impressed with Jackson. IMHO, he will wind up signing somewhere as the 3rd option for League minimum.

If he does, he will have one season to prove he belongs in the NFL - and to give the indication that he could be a successful starter.

Truthfully, he was a lot closer to that goal last September, after a horrible preseason, than he is right now. He put himself into a hole with his poor showings.

Caine
    LOL, if anything the bet is in your favor as the quantifier is your satisfaction.

By the way, I'm not desparately seeking anything. My guess, TJ's agent is. I'm just gonna sit back with interest and watch. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085086

Caine
    LOL, if anything the bet is in your favor as the quantifier is your satisfaction.

By the way, I'm not desparately seeking anything. My guess, TJ's agent is. I'm just gonna sit back with interest and watch. :laugh:
    Of course the bet is in my favor...you bet on JACKSON!!!!! You lost right then and there.

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1085089
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085086

Caine

Of course the bet is in my favor...you bet on JACKSON!!!!! You lost right then and there.

Caine
    LOL, touche' my friend. Well played. B)

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085054
    Quote Originally Posted by "ultravikingfan" #1084959
    Threads get locked because they are the same lame shit.

I am sure this one is ripe for that as well.
    This one is about a beer bet. Nothing old or lame about that my friend.
    I am quite positive it will turn into the other thread...quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by "ultravikingfan" #1085244

I would hope not. This is SUPPOSED to be about the bet ejmat and I have with Marrdro. This is NOT supposed to be about "na-na-na-na boo-boo"...although a small amount of that will likely creep in from time to time.

But, most importantly, this is SUPPOSED to be a FRIENDLY wager with FRIENDLY ribbing directed back and forth...as all bets among friends are.

The OTHER thread was supposed to be that way too, but a certain individual who shall remain nameless diverted the thread.

As it stands right now, Marty is looking at a seriously large bar tab. The chances of Jackson rising above and making it are almost non-existent...

...but he does have until the Play-offs in 2012.

Maybe beer prices will drop a bit so it won't cost you so much, Marr.

Caine

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1085268

I would hope not. This is SUPPOSED to be about the bet ejmat and I have with Marrdro. This is NOT supposed to be about "na-na-na-na boo-boo"...although a small amount of that will likely creep in from time to time.

But, most importantly, this is SUPPOSED to be a FRIENDLY wager with FRIENDLY ribbing directed back and forth...as all bets among friends are.

The OTHER thread was supposed to be that way too, but a certain individual who shall remain nameless diverted the thread.

As it stands right now, Marty is looking at a seriously large bar tab. The chances of Jackson rising above and making it are almost non-existent...

Caine
    Again, the turf toe worries me. We saw it spell the doom for the likes of Deon.

If he can get over that, I suspect I will be swilling the best barley pop money can buy. Isn't EJ some sort of mayor or something like that?

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1085386
    Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1085268

Caine
    Again, the turf toe worries me. We saw it spell the doom for the likes of Deon.

If he can get over that, I suspect I will be swilling the best barley pop money can buy. Isn't EJ some sort of mayor or something like that?
    Riiiight. Because Jackson was making such a great case for himself prior to the turf toe injury...

Too funny...

Caine

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast