Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Is it because Daunte is so BIG?

i saw the play..i was calling head shot and 15 yarder...hoping but no ref called it...maybe Mt. Tag will take a look at it lol

eelpout72 is offline Starter

Had a packer fan over and even he thought it was a horrible no call.

For some reason, it made me think of the game with the packers a couple years ago or so when Walsh took a knee after making the catch so that he could make the time out. The refs did not blow the whistle and a packer player nailed him (Mckenzie i think) despite the fact that he was taking a knee and was completey defenseless. I think we lost the game in part because of that no call.

Not to say that this play was anything like that but it just gave me the same feeling.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

that was a bs call, what also pissed me off was the offensive pass interferance call in the endzone where the GB corner cut off Robinson (i thinnk), but he got called for Offensive pass interferance

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"Del Rio" wrote:
    Just be happy your not a saints fan. They have been completely screwed over by the refs not once but twice this year. That call yesterday was horrible and gave the Rams the game.
    Totally...the Saints have been taking it up the keester all year. Two horrible calls and then the "home" game in NY, what a sham.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

"ColoradoVike" wrote:
    Maas is an idiot. I could make a fortune off of correcting his English and introducing him to the facts...
    Maas is one of the best in the business at knowing whats going on with teams and schemes. I listened to his radio show in KC every day in college.

About the no-call, if it were favre instead of daunte it would have been fifteen yards and fifteen grand.

[color=red]

BigSkyvikefan is offline Training Camp

"MensaTice" wrote:
    "ColoradoVike" wrote:
    Maas is an idiot. I could make a fortune off of correcting his English and introducing him to the facts...
    Maas is one of the best in the business at knowing whats going on with teams and schemes. I listened to his radio show in KC every day in college.

About the no-call, if it were favre instead of daunte it would have been fifteen yards and fifteen grand.
    "Mentally Retarded"? That isn't a very nice thing to say about Tice. He managed to rile up the Vikings through the second half of the game. Let's just rejoice in the fact we beat the Packers...........and leave it at that. Who cares what he did with his tickets.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VegasLadyJae" wrote:
    "stjmnsota" wrote:
    I agree. Helmet to helmet if nothing else. But Daunte messed up when he slid. He blew the first down even if he didn't get hit. That close to a first down and take that beastly 260+ body and lay out the defender. We didn't pick up Daunte to be a pocket passer.
    Yes we did, one of the greatest college quarterbacks ever throwing the football. Running is just an intangible part of his game an extra asset. ( He did mess up when he slid I agree with that part )
    Good call...Daunte was drafted because he could do it ALL in college! And the Vikes knew that he would be a great pro PASSER, not just a runner like Vick!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Vick's line from tonight:

Passing - 11/26 116 yards 0 TDs 3 INTs
    Rushing - 9 18 yards 2.0 YPC 2 TDs

Come to think of it, his rushing yardage wasn't even that great either tonight...the Falcons fans can thank God that the Jets sucked as bad as they did tonight.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123